Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Gun Related Deaths U.S/World.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ted_death_rate

Needless to say we are last. But great news we are beating Mexico and Columbia.

Most of the countries have stricter gun laws and requirements than we do. They seem to do a great job of "protecting" themselves with a fraction of the weapons. Yet we are armed to the teeth and can't beat any 1st World Country.

And please save the "protection from the gov" argument. That amendment was created almost 300 years ago. It was an even playing field. They had muskets and so did the people. In today's world you have an AR-15 and they (the government)has a M1Ma Battle Tank. Last time I checked I can't pick up a license for one of those at the DMV. But hey good luck...Go get them Paul Revere.

They were just babies guys.....just babies.

Wrong subforum. ^^

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Would you rather invade a disarmed village, or one where everyone is armed?

In other news, I refuse to believe the government can protect me from illegal guns when a under this same President they walked guns to criminals.
    Last edited by Slowpoke is a Gamer; 2012-12-19 at 09:38 PM.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

And those babies would be just as dead if he'd used a sword (how many would be dead if every one of those teachers had been packing, though? I wonder). I'd like to see a comparison of murder rates instead of just gun-related murder rates.

Of course! The answer is to give 3rd world countries more guns to defend themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    you do realize that only 37% of those gun related deaths in the US are homicide??? 60% are Suicides..
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's keep talking about guns when the real issue is mental illness. That should help us avoid another tragedy.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

Deleted
    looks like about 10,1 people get murdered a year where I live, meanwhile about 50 commit suicide.. by gun that is. (Denmark) - you need special permission to own guns here.

lol dude, there are two threads open with like 300 pages alltogether of this discussion.

Happy to see my countries numbers though 0.19 homicides per 100k, feck yeah, IN YOUR FACE DENMARK... etc
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

10+ Year Old Account
    Look at the homicide column and sort. We are still one of the highest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did we really need a third thread about guns in the US?
    When survival is the goal, it's into the spider hole!

looks like you shouldn't mess with americans i guess, not really sure what else to take from it. we kill people with guns. stop poking us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimleaf View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ted_death_rate

Needless to say we are last. But great news we are beating Mexico and Columbia.

Most of the countries have stricter gun laws and requirements than we do. They seem to do a great job of "protecting" themselves with a fraction of the weapons. Yet we are armed to the teeth and can't beat any 1st World Country.

And please save the "protection from the gov" argument. That amendment was created almost 300 years ago. It was an even playing field. They had muskets and so did the people. In today's world you have an AR-15 and they (the government)has a M1Ma Battle Tank. Last time I checked I can't pick up a license for one of those at the DMV. But hey good luck...Go get them Paul Revere.

They were just babies guys.....just babies.
    Was there a reason to create a new thread? Seriously. There are at least 5 others you could have posted in, honestly. If you want to do something about the deaths of those children do the right thing, get the people with mental illnesses help. THAT is why he killed those kids, not because of a gun.

and given the wording of your post you dont care about those kids, you are more worried about attacking gun owners.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Would you rather invade a disarmed village, or one where everyone is armed?

In other news, I refuse to believe the government can protect me from illegal guns when a under this same President they walked guns to criminals.

Village? Who the hell is invading? What are you talking about.

And why exactly should we care that well under 1% of the population dies from guns? I'll take the amount of people getting killed by guns a little more seriously when it approaches 1/2 a % of the population. Without counting suicides into that as well.

And probably 10 times as many people are killed every year by drunk drivers. Time to ban cars and alcohol.

10+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=Seran;19504900]Was there a reason to create a new thread? Seriously. There are at least 5 others you could have posted in, honestly. If you want to do something about the deaths of those children do the right thing, get the people with mental illnesses help. THAT is why he killed those kids, not because of a gun.

and given the wording of your post you dont care about those kids, you are more worried about attacking gun owners.

Not sure now you came up with that assumption. I have no problem with certain guns, just don't need ones that can fire 60 rounds in under a minute. Let me guess..hunting. Are the deer shooting back at you? Maybe I would understand. I do care about those kids. I own a gun(beretta over/under). Im a Republican.

Quote Originally Posted by PetersenIII View Post
    And those babies would be just as dead if he'd used a sword (how many would be dead if every one of those teachers had been packing, though? I wonder). I'd like to see a comparison of murder rates instead of just gun-related murder rates.
    Makes no difference USA is still #1 among western democracies in regards to murder rate as well, roughly 4 times as many murders ( regardless of gun or no gun used in the USA)

---------- Post added 2012-12-19 at 10:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ScottsdaleHokie View Post
    And probably 10 times as many people are killed every year by drunk drivers. Time to ban cars and alcohol.
    useless and senseless excuse for ignoring a SERIOUS issue that can get fixed if you just have some willpower to get some guns of the street. And really it tells everything you need to know when folks start to talk like but car crashes kills people as well, you know they got nothing to stand on when it comes to debating the issues of the gun violence. And If like we always hear a gun owner could stop it. So why didnt the killers mother stop it and saved the 20 kids??? i mean we always hear how they will kill the murderer before he does massive harm.

---------- Post added 2012-12-19 at 10:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    Let's keep talking about guns when the real issue is mental illness. That should help us avoid another tragedy.
    Mental health illness is everywhere in the world yet it isnt a major part of gun violence in other countries, why? well less guns less problems it really is that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    useless and senseless excuse for ignoring a SERIOUS issue that can get fixed if you just have some willpower to get some guns of the street. And really it tells everything you need to know when folks start to talk like but car crashes kills people as well, you know they got nothing to stand on when it comes to debating the issues of the gun violence. And If like we always hear a gun owner could stop it. So why didnt the killers mother stop it and saved the 20 kids??? i mean we always hear how they will kill the murderer before he does massive harm.
    So let me get this straight, sir. You don't think drunk drivers are a SERIOUS issue? It can get fixed if there was some willpower and changes to some laws.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Quote Originally Posted by Gimleaf View Post
    Not sure now you came up with that assumption. I have no problem with certain guns, just don't need ones that can fire 60 rounds in under a minute. Let me guess..hunting. Are the deer shooting back at you? Maybe I would understand. I do care about those kids. I own a gun(beretta over/under). Im a Republican.
    Guess we better ban pistols as well, since you now you can get them 30+ round magazines for certain models.