Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    ~snip~
    Coins are not required for bosses at all, so the people who only raid, yet want the coins, should be okay with getting them other ways. I do agree that it needs to come from more than just the dailies, and as I said before, i think this is just a test before they start spreading them to other areas such as a profession tied system, or maybe to stuff like Darkmoon Fair, or different other things, but the simple matter is, Blizzard wants people doing more than just one single thing, and the coins are used to promote that period. If you feel forced to do dailies even though you don't like them, just so you can spend a coin and get 28g, that is for you to decide, but in reality no one is forcing you (well except maybe your guild, and if that is the case there are always other guilds). Coins don't make someone more or less competitive, coins in general just provide with a low chance of getting that one piece you might be missing, and even than, if the boss drops more than on item you could potentially use, the coin is even more of a gamble.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

But some people only like raiding just like some people only like to PVP
    there's a problem here: PvP is dynamic while PvE is static. as much as I prefer PvE over PvP, I know that PvE is much more likely to cause burnout over time than PvP. heck, people still do warsong gulch and they still like it! you can't say the same about molten core.

that's why blizzard doesn't want you to "just raid". they want you to do other things as well, like dungeons, scenarios (for VP), dailies (for tokens and VP), take care of your harvest moon farm (for feasts), et cetera.

as much as you might hate those things, they help a lot to mitigate burnout and keep you fresh on the game for longer. blizz doesn't want you to "raid raid raid raid raid unsub till thunder king".
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

It makes sense, the goal is to get you out in the world. I'm hoping this will lead to other sources out in the world. Archaeology might be a good source. So would rare spawns. (If they up the spawn rate a bit). Fishing would be good if it wasn't so easy to bot.

Personally I think they need to be sprinkled in the non-daily quests if you do them at max level. Encourage people to get their loremaster done.

Quote Originally Posted by Gasblossom View Post
    Pet battles are terrible lol. I'd rather do dailies.

It also says there is a "chance" to get lesser tokens so who knows what the rng is on this.
    id rather not, only reason i do the dailies is for those charms so i welcome another option

"I won't be happy until I am rewarded 25 Valor Points simply for logging into my character! Screw Blizzard for being so demanding of my time!" -- What people who are complaining about dailies will eventually say when Blizzard keeps acquiescing and there's nothing left to complain about.

Deleted
    Lots of people like dailies so they do them.
    Lots of people dont like dailies but do them because it's the only way to get coins.

Forcing people to do something because there is no alternative way isn't very good, so it is nice that pet battles are going to give coins (even if the drop chance may be extremely low)

But some people only like raiding just like some people only like to PVP, and that is all they do or want to do, they dont care or dont want to do any other aspects of the game, yet because the coins gives them an increased chance at loot so they can get raid upgrades they have to do stuff they would rather not do.

I doubt coin will come from raiding too, but it would be nice for those people out there who dont do dailies, dont do pet battles and only really raid.
    If you only like 1 thing about this game (raiding) and dislike pretty much everything else, you're not going to get all the rewards in this expansion, Blizzard made it quite clear.

Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    "I won't be happy until I am rewarded 25 Valor Points simply for logging into my character! Screw Blizzard for being so demanding of my time!" -- What people who are complaining about dailies will eventually say when Blizzard keeps acquiescing and there's nothing left to complain about.
    that's a bit over dramatic tbh

all i want is another avenue for obtaining charms, dailies are boring for me now but while they are the only source of the charms i cant stop doing them, simple and come 5.2 when the new tier comes the end endless daily grind for them starts all over again.

Does it even matter? I have like 10,000 lesser charms as it is. I dont think it is possible to use all the lesser charms I have accumulated.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    Coins are not required for bosses at all, so the people who only raid, yet want the coins, should be okay with getting them other ways. I do agree that it needs to come from more than just the dailies, and as I said before, i think this is just a test before they start spreading them to other areas such as a profession tied system, or maybe to stuff like Darkmoon Fair, or different other things, but the simple matter is, Blizzard wants people doing more than just one single thing, and the coins are used to promote that period. If you feel forced to do dailies even though you don't like them, just so you can spend a coin and get 28g, that is for you to decide, but in reality no one is forcing you (well except maybe your guild, and if that is the case there are always other guilds). Coins don't make someone more or less competitive, coins in general just provide with a low chance of getting that one piece you might be missing, and even than, if the boss drops more than on item you could potentially use, the coin is even more of a gamble.
    Darkmoon faire or similar world events would be nice for additional coins. Heck almost anything would.

If you like dailies, do dailies for coins and valor (JP when capped)
    If you like scenarios, do scenarios for coins and valor (JP when capped)
    If you like dungeons, do dungeons for coins and valor (JP when capped)
    If you like raids, do raids for coins and valor (JP when capped) (agree or disagree with me on this one if you like)
    If you like pet battles, do pet battles for coins
    If you like world events, do world events for coins

If you like all of the above, do all of the above.

That way no matter what activity or aspect of the game you enjoy you get something out of it.

Yeah maybe coins from raids is a bit much, but coins only from dailies needs to be changed. Any additional or alternative will be a godsend for many players.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

I´d have no problem with charms via the pet battles but the part where he writes that the chance of getting a lesser charm will depend on the level of the battle pet.
    I use the pet battles as a side activity when waiting for a queue and my pets are only lv 11.
    If they change this i´d have to grind my pets to lv 25 and that really takes quite some time...

Yeah.. I really wouldn't grind up pets JUST for this. In fact I wouldn't suggest any change in habits at all. It just means if you HAPPEN to be doing this, because you like it, you might have a few less dailys to do each week.

Deleted
    What this mean's is that those who don't want to participate on pet battles and hate dailies are left even more behind.

Pet battles is a failure by design.
    You are already controlling a pet. Its your character. Controlling "pet of the pet" does not make much sense.

Pet battles is very primitive type of pvp and there is no real reason to choose it instead of the real pvp.

The most stupid thing out of all this - even considering how primitive this type of pvp is, and considering that they did not have to balance pet abilities for both pve and pvp, the pet battles are still totally unbalanced.
    Just another good example of how lazy blizzard is and that there is no way that we will ever get any kind of balance in any aspect of the game.

Lesser charms for pet battles? The biggest design failure I've ever seen in the game. The saviour of azeroth is playing dolls with other players and by doing this he receives additional loot from the raid bosses he kills.

The good news is that considering how primitive pet battles are, there are tons of botting software that will allow you to get your charms cap without throwing up.

Infracted: Recommending activities against the game TOS is not allowed here. - ML
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2012-12-20 at 12:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    ~snip~
    so taking your logic of pet battles being a failure we can assume Pokemon games (which wow pet battles mimic greatly) are a failure, which is obviously wrong. If you don't like the Paper/Rock/Scissors of playing the pet battle system, than don't. The whole argument of controlling a pet of a pet makes zero sense. This is just another form a generating an attachment to a character, cause the character is now raising pets to fight beside it (think hunter-lite or something). Pet battles have been something that has been requested for years in this game, and I know plenty who play pet battles and enjoy them greatly (myself included).

If you are so self-conscious about playing "dolls" as you put it, simply don't. You sound like someone who already has a little interest in doing nothing but try to crap on things people like.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus4eva View Post
    I completely agree with you here, I mean, why did I have to control Ash while playing Pokemon Red? Huge waste of time, why did Ash have to catch all those Pokemon to begin with when he should have been the one battling.
    I think it would of been better, if we could of leveled Ash up. You know equip him with brass knuckles and stuff, and really beat the tar out of Gary Oak, but making us train pets, while controlling a doll, complete design disaster.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I do hope that it is a trial run for the charms to be included in other activities. I have zero interest in pet battles.

Doesn't everyone already have, like, 2k charms banked already?

As someone that has a serious obsession with Pets I am looking forward to this, I just hope it's not such a low chance in drop that the battlestones currently seem to be at (I have had roughly 5 drop since they were implemented so I can't complain too much) But I also agree it seems they are using pet battles as a kinda of *testing the water* to add them to other things.

Anything added to Pet Battles is all good!

Quote Originally Posted by Ranluka View Post
    Yeah.. I really wouldn't grind up pets JUST for this. In fact I wouldn't suggest any change in habits at all. It just means if you HAPPEN to be doing this, because you like it, you might have a few less dailys to do each week.
    For me, it means I can spend more time doing something I like (pet battles), and less time doing something I don't (dailies) for the same reward. I don't have time for both.