10+ Year Old Account

Dual Screen Problem!!! -Help-

So I run dual screen (IIyama Prolite E2208HDS x 2)

I had one originally, and then bought a second identical one. The older of the two, is on the left, newer on the right. The right one is set to my desktop. I use the left one for gaming, and the right for spreadsheets, browsing etc whilst playing.

Lately, the right one starts up straight away as usual, however the left one, stays black. The little power light will blink, instead of being solid. Eventually, the screen works (and once its working I can't fault it). But it seems to be taking longer and longer to get going.

Is it because its old? Is it just on the blink? I've checked all the cables etc, there is no problem there - so I really don't know what is causing it, or how to fix it.

Would really appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks!
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

I would try to switch them and make the left as your main and the right as your alt. If nothing changes, I would then try to switch the cables on the video card and see if that makes any difference. Let us know the results.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by baller1308 View Post
    I would try to switch them and make the left as your main and the right as your alt. If nothing changes, I would then try to switch the cables on the video card and see if that makes any difference. Let us know the results.
    I did plan to switch them as you said, to see if the desktop being on the right one had anything to do with it (which I highly doubt) but thought I'd try it anyway. It was at this point I completely forgot how to do so. I run windows 7 if its any help xD
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,

Go into resolution settings by right clicking on the desktop, click on the picture of the monitor that represents your older monitor, and check the box that says, "Use this as my main display." That should let you test the theory of it being your desktop or not.

Also, just so you know: You can actually set one monitor to be your main, and then move your task bar and start menu over to the other. That is how I have my four monitor setup working. I have three monitors in surround, and one mounted on the wall above. I have the bottom center monitor as main, but I moved my task bar to the top center monitor for web browsing and other tasks.

10+ Year Old Account
    This, I did not know.. can you explain how ?
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,

Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    This, I did not know.. can you explain how ?
    Do as I said in the first part of my post, select your monitor you want to play games on as your main monitor. Then, you can just click and drag your start bar over to the other monitor. If it does not let you drag it, right click and click unlock start bar. That should do the trick.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I made the older screen the main screen, and the problem persisted. Only now I can't do anyhting at all for 3+ minutes (cause my start bar was on the dead screen) where as before with it on the other screen atleast i could browse for 3mins whilst the other one started up.

After 4-5mins the older screen works perfectly, and is at full brightness (it starts off black for 3-4mins, there lights up dulll and gradually gets better)

Thoughts?
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    That sounds like a key note dead/dying power unit in the monitor. This happens in TVs all the time (bad ones at least). You might look into finding parts/refurbing it, as it's not something that you'd expect to come back for a long time/at all.