10+ Year Old Account

Game of Thrones... ale is coming

I usually frown on this kind of marketing tie-in, but being a big fan of this brewery (and the series) I have to say my attention has been captured.

Fans of the HBO series “Game of Thrones” will have an opportunity to raise a flagon of ale in its honor next spring, when a new line of beers inspired by that series is introduced. HBO is set to announce that it will team up with Brewery Ommegang, a Belgian-style brewery in Cooperstown N.Y., to create beers based on themes and characters in the fantasy series adapted from the novels by George R. R. Martin.

The first beer, Iron Throne Blonde Ale, will be inaugurated nationwide in late March, to coincide with the Season 3 premiere of “Game of Thrones,” which is scheduled for March 31. Three more beers are planned, with the second to be released next fall. The others will follow in subsequent seasons.
    http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/20...beer-of-kings/
    http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/12/18/ga...es-beer-photo/

Gimme!

If it tastes as good as the show, I'll drink it by the keg!
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I am... intrigued.

And thirsty.

10+ Year Old Account
    ... Dafuq

I would try that. Yes I most definitely would.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

Deleted
    Since the most common drink in the series is wine and beer is rarely consumed I feel this is kind of fail.

edit
    from a lore PoV ofcourse.

From a sale PoV this is golden, the major audience are boys around 18-24 whom would most likely purchase easy drunk beer.
    Last edited by mmoc410448ef5d; 2012-12-20 at 07:30 AM.

Now GoT fans can get as High as Honor. Ours is the Brewery.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

Nice! I would try that))

10+ Year Old Account
    I would most likely buy a bottle or two. Just for shits and giggles
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

belgian beer is awful

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by luckybeer View Post
    belgian beer is awful
    Stella isn't awful. It's not the best but it's decent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    belgian beer is awful
    Most certainly is better than Swedish beer...

Was in belgium last summer and just about anything I drank was amazing. But I got told to avoid a few sorts by the locals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

10+ Year Old Account
    belgian beer is awful
    Heresy! Out of my thread.