View Poll Results: Who'd emerge victorious?

Voters
108. This poll is closed
  • Lich King!

90 83.33%
  • Fel Grom Hellscream!

15 13.89%
  • Dont know!

3 2.78%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    I believe Grom could beat Death Knight Arthas, but Lich King Arthas could beat Grom.
    Agreeing with this. Grom "one shotting" Mannoroth was basically due to Mannoroth gloating and severely underestimating his opponents. He was already banking on Grom surrendering to the power and addictive qualities of the Blood Curse.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Agreeing with this. Grom "one shotting" Mannoroth was basically due to Mannoroth gloating and severely underestimating his opponents. He was already banking on Grom surrendering to the power and addictive qualities of the Blood Curse.
    Maybe but still he tried to parry Grom's relentless blow.

But anyway take into account that Grom was "cured" at the fight with Manoroth. If he was Fel, i dont think Manoroth would want to bother him.

And guys you also gota consider Manoroth was a Burning Legion General, equal in rank with Kil'jaedan and Archimonde. Kil'jaedan which created the Lich King.
    Last edited by mmoc68976ba3b0; 2012-12-20 at 11:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keksplace View Post
    Maybe but still he tried to parry Grom's relentless blow.

But anyway take into account that Grom was "cured" at the fight with Manoroth. If he was Fel, i dont think Manoroth would want to bother him.

And guys you also gota consider Manoroth was a Burning Legion General, equal in rank with Kil'jaedan and Archimonde. Kil'jaedan which created the Lich King.
    Bit rusty on the lore nowadays but I'm 99% sure that Mannoroth isn't equal in rank with KJ and Archimonde.

I'm sure the Lich King would beat the crap out of Grom, no matter how strong Grom is. Magical powers > Melee skills and strength in this fictional world.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    Mannoroth isn't equal in rank with KJ and Arch. He is very high ranked, being the leader of all Pit Lords, but still not as high as them. In WotA, Mannoroth realizes Azshara is stronger than him, and that only Sarg, KJ and Arch could defeat her.

Grom was quite weak at the end of his life afaik

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flabb View Post
    Grom was quite weak at the end of his life afaik
    About 10 seconds before the end of his life, he one-shot a powerful demon who had just kicked Thrall's ass. I wouldn't consider that "quite weak".

Deleted
    I think a fel Grom Hellscream would win. Despite the fact that I dislike the character a lot, I can't argue here.

In a 1vs1 fight Grom would win. In army versus army, the balance might tip in the Lich King's favor as he can raise the orcs that die. But 1vs1 it's Grom.

Let's put it this way. During the WC3 night elf campaign, Arthas fights Illidan. At that point they're evenly matched. Later on, Arthas does get some powers, but these powers relate to rasing the dead, so in a battle he'd still be as good as Arthas was with a sword plus some death knight tricks. He wouldn't have angry spirits of valkiries or lots of bosses before him, it would be just the Lich King in Arthas's body. On the other hand, Grom was already a battle hardened warrior, and he also got fel powers now. Alas, besides more strengh and stuff, we don't know exactly what these fel powers were, but he did manage to kill a demi-god. And yes, he and his orcs were outnumbered. I love the night elves, but that's the truth.

However, that said, Garrosh still isn't Grom. And Garrosh would still get his ass kicked by many.

How is this even a contest? Easily the Lich King. Even Arthas before he became the Lich King would be stronger.

And Grom did defeat Mannoroth by sacrificing himself, it doesn't look that much of a victory for who's the ''strongest'' if he ends up dead anyway

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    And Grom did defeat Mannoroth by sacrificing himself, it doesn't look that much of a victory for who's the ''strongest'' if he ends up dead anyway
    Grom didn't sacrifice himself, he likely didn't know Pit Lords blew up when you killed them. If Arthas had killed Mannoroth, the same thing would likely have happened to him, unless his Dreadlord-made armor protects him from fel energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    About 10 seconds before the end of his life, he one-shot a powerful demon who had just kicked Thrall's ass. I wouldn't consider that "quite weak".
    You have that the wrong way around buddy, Thrall broke his armor and Grom slipped round and hit his exposed belly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flabb View Post
    You have that the wrong way around buddy, Thrall broke his armor and Grom slipped round and hit his exposed belly.
    Ummm... what?

10+ Year Old Account
    Imo Lich King simply has way more in his arsenal for Grom to handle on his own.

Hierarchy: Kil'jaeden > Mannoroth > Ner'zhul (Lich King)
    Grom > Mannoroth > Lich King > Arthas
    It does not work that way. It was Kil'jaeden who created Lich King, but in WC3 he told Illidan to destroy Lich King as he grew too powerful to be controlled... and that was BEFORE merge with Arthas.

You say Grom killed Cenarius, but Lich King was also a god... even if there is no specific information in lore about it. The god of undead:
    1) Lich King does not age - is immortal
    2) he is worshipped ( by eg. Cult of Damned )
    3) he has absolute power of one specific area ( undeath, death ) - in one quest in Icecrown you were to save crusader from lich king's plague, but Alextrasza's power nor Remulos ( son of Cenarius ) power could remove it. That's because it lied in Lich King's area - area of specific god - and no external power could influence it. The Naaru ultimately managed to save the crusader, but their power might be considered as being "opposite" to the Lich King - one neutralizes another.

Also, notice that you actually NEVER witnessed lich king's true power. Yes, he was defeated in Light's Hope, but there he was like Ragnaros fighting in water plane. On top of Icecrown Citadel, he freezed world most powerful paladin wielding most holy sword with one move of hand, and annihilated "most powerful fighting force this world has known" with one attack. Fordring actually never defeated lich king, but destroyed his weapon ( what he did with sword that could "turn undead to ash with slight touch" ). Lich King's own power trapped him inside the vortex and that's why players could defeat him.

So yes, duel between DW and LK would be much more interesting that LK vs Grom.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    I think a fel Grom Hellscream would win. Despite the fact that I dislike the character a lot, I can't argue here.

In a 1vs1 fight Grom would win. In army versus army, the balance might tip in the Lich King's favor as he can raise the orcs that die. But 1vs1 it's Grom.

Let's put it this way. During the WC3 night elf campaign, Arthas fights Illidan. At that point they're evenly matched. Later on, Arthas does get some powers, but these powers relate to rasing the dead, so in a battle he'd still be as good as Arthas was with a sword plus some death knight tricks. He wouldn't have angry spirits of valkiries or lots of bosses before him, it would be just the Lich King in Arthas's body. On the other hand, Grom was already a battle hardened warrior, and he also got fel powers now. Alas, besides more strengh and stuff, we don't know exactly what these fel powers were, but he did manage to kill a demi-god. And yes, he and his orcs were outnumbered. I love the night elves, but that's the truth.

However, that said, Garrosh still isn't Grom. And Garrosh would still get his ass kicked by many.
    Atleast you dont reply based on your hatreds.
    Why would you dislike such an awesome character i dont know... a true Hero of the Horde.

---------- Post added 2012-12-20 at 04:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    . Yes, he was defeated in Light's Hope, but there he was like Ragnaros fighting in water plane. On top of Icecrown Citadel, he freezed world most powerful paladin wielding most holy sword with one move of hand, and annihilated "most powerful fighting force this world has known" with one attack.
    If you judge like that then in the last mission of Horde in wc3 campaign when you play with thrall and you gota save grom.
    You cant kill him, his life drops but you cant kill him (he regens faster than your damage). No matter how many soldiers you have at him.
    Last edited by mmoc68976ba3b0; 2012-12-20 at 04:01 PM.

Deleted
    Atleast you dont reply based on your hatreds.
    Why would you dislike such an awesome character i dont know... a true Hero of the Horde.
    That's easy, I even pointed it out, because I love night elves So I dislike Grom because he was the enemy of the faction I like and didn't like some of his character personality(the part about let's drink demon blood again knowing what it did to him and his people for example). But that's my view on the matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not even close, Lich King by 10000000000000000000000001 miles

Deleted
    Lich King by a country mile. Yeah Grom is a badass any one of my all time favourite warriors but there's no contest. Mannaroth is still just a puppet to KJ and Arch whereas the demon lords of the legion couldn't control the Lich King and founded his own army of killing machines. Frostmourne was KJ's greatest creation as well and I'm afraid Grom is fucked in this one.