Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    You are clueless. There's a reason why Archimonde and Velen acknowledged KJ as their superior in arcane mastery. There's a reason why Sargeras choosed KJ as his second in command over Archimonde. KJ is the master of all arcane magic everyone uses in their everyday life in Azeroth whether it's necromancy's magic or mage's magic.
    Isnt malygos the master of all magic? while dead... get a clue boy and stop talking shit.

Quote Originally Posted by keksplace View Post
    Isnt malygos the master of all magic? while dead... get a clue boy and stop talking shit.
    Malygos controls magic only in Azeroth. KJ is the best arcane user in the universe except for Sargeras. You know that people draws arcane magic from twisting nether itself right? You don't even know that Malygos was supposed to watch over magic in "Azeroth". If you don't know lore then go read some lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    originally the Lich King (Ner'zhul at this point) wasnt a threat to demon-lords like Kil'jaedan and Archimonde

however as Ner'zhul got stronger (every soul consumed by the scourge makes the Lich King stronger) he planned to rid himself of his dreadlord captors, however since he was a spirit in armor in ice, he needed a champion (hooray Arthas) to kill his captors FOR him

as we all know Arthas kills Mal'ganis, Ner'zhul commands Kel'thuzad to teleport Arthas to kalimdor where Arthas tells Illidan how to kill Tichondrius, Arthas drives out the dreadlords temporarily in the ruins of lordaeron, Lich King recalls Arthas to Northrend (at this time Sylvanas unwittingly carries out Ner'zhuls plan of killing his jailors by killing Detheroc and "killing" Balnazzar while making Varimathras her 2nd in command)

at this time Kil'jaedan sends Illidan, who looks suspiciously like a dreadlord, as a last ditch effort to destroy, the now completely freed, Ner'zhul, blah blah blah Illidan/Arthas fight, new Lich King made from Arthas body/mind with Ner'zhuls memories and experiences. All the while the Lich King is being empowered to demi-god status (demon-lords like Archimonde and Kil'jaedan are considered demi-god status, backed up by WoTA novels ofc) by the scourge which is still decimating Lordaeron and consuming and converting the souls of the living

TLDR
    The Lich King wasnt powerful enough to face down Kil'jaedan to begin with, however i'd imagine he would have been able to when Ner'zhul merged with Arthas
    Lich King cant hold a candle to Sargeras though =P but thats a tad obvious as nothing but a Pantheon-level Titan could possibly match Sargeras power
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Kil'jaeden being known for his cunning; I'm sure he would've made a backdoor of sorts when creating the Lich King.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's see, the Lich King and Kel'Thuzad are the only end of expansion boss that players actually kill themselves. Deathwing is killed by the combined power of the Aspects and Kil'Jaeden isn't even killed. He's just banished by the transfigured Sunwell. So, on that alone, I'd say that the Lich King would get annihilated by Kil'Jaeden.
    When survival is the goal, it's into the spider hole!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I have to wonder how powerful Deathwing was compared to Kil'Jaeden when he was empowered by the old gods. Also if LK was empowered by the old gods would he have been as powerful as deathwing.
    Considering it took the help of four Dragon Aspects to bring Deathwing down, I'd say pretty damn powerful.
    Lich King empowered by Old Gods? I don't even want to know...

Undead and old gods are not compatible.
    Ner'zhuls plan all along was revenge on kil'jaeden for torturing him and making him the lich king. But first he needed to scourge azeroth. Why do you think Kil'jaeden told illidan to destroy the frozen throne? Because his creation became too powerful. He knew Ner'zhul would betray him again. He shat his pants.

The Lich King grew in power exponentially. At some point he would've outclassed Kil'Jaeden.

Well, alteast if Arthas would not have been that idle....

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I have to wonder how powerful Deathwing was compared to Kil'Jaeden when he was empowered by the old gods. Also if LK was empowered by the old gods would he have been as powerful as deathwing.
    Well, Deathwing alone was always stronger than The Lich King, before and after the Old Gods' corruption. It seems you're greatly overestimating LK's power, because he'd never stand a chance against Deathwing or Sargeras. He could possibly put a match up against Kil'jaeden, but I'm not sure he'd win.

Remember that The Lich King was defeated by Tirion and a bunch of mortals, he died by a bunch of axes, swords and spells being thrown at him, none of that would do any harm to Deathwing, let alone Sargeras. The spirits of Frostmourne only held him captive so that he couldn't do any harm at the end, but fact still lies that his bleeding wounds was what killed him. He was also easily stopped by Forsaken gas, a cave falling down on him and Arthas' heart being exploded. We had to get possibly the most powerful artifact in Warcraft history to kill Deathwing. It's not comparable, Deathwing wins by a landslide.

Also, remember that Kil'jaeden was the one who original ripped Ner'zhul's soul from him body, he could possibly do the exact same if he were to face LK again, and that alone would strip the Lich King of all his powers, making him become the simple Death Knight known as Arthas again. Of course that won't happen though.

You are clueless. There's a reason why Archimonde and Velen acknowledged KJ as their superior in arcane mastery. There's a reason why Sargeras choosed KJ as his second in command over Archimonde. KJ is the master of all arcane magic everyone uses in their everyday life in Azeroth whether it's necromancy's magic or mage's magic.
    Well, Kil'jaeden harnesses much more than arcane magic, he also uses dark magics and fel energies. While he might have been one of the most powerful magic users I don't think he's necessarily the strongest arcane user, I can imagine Azshara could hold that reputation, and possibly Malygos could also have mastered it over KJ. I didn't see Kil'jaeden destroy the world 10 times over when he popped out of his toilet.
    Last edited by wariofan1; 2012-12-27 at 02:14 PM.

Well, Kil'jaeden harnesses much more than Arcane magic, he also uses dark magics and fel energies. While he might have been one of the most powerful magic users I don't think he's necessarily the strongest Arcane user, I can imagine Azshara could hold that reputation, and possibly Malygos could also have mastered it over KJ. I didn't see Kil'jaeden destroy the world 10 times over when he popped out of his toilet.
    All magic except light,druidsm and shamanism are forms of arcane magic. For example fire magic that mage uses is different from what shaman uses. Shaman calls fire elementals to lend their power but mage uses aracne magic to make fire. I personally think KJ is stronger arcane user than Malygos because he traveled around the universe so he must have learned so many knowledge about arcane and Sargeras himself taught him. As for Azshara, I don't know. Her power was stated to be comparable to Archimonde at the time of WotA. She should have grown a lot more powerful but I don't think KJ has been sitting at his throne doing nothing too.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2012-12-27 at 02:25 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fmr View Post
    Undead and old gods are not compatible.
    Ner'zhuls plan all along was revenge on kil'jaeden for torturing him and making him the lich king. But first he needed to scourge azeroth. Why do you think Kil'jaeden told illidan to destroy the frozen throne? Because his creation became too powerful. He knew Ner'zhul would betray him again. He shat his pants.
    I doubt he "shat his pant". More like having the LK become too powerful would screw up the Legion's invasion plan. The Legion's problem isn't they lack power, but getting the power to the destination. The LK would stop all attempts of the Legion to enter Azeorth.

All magic except light,druidsm and shamanism are forms of arcane magic. For example fire magic that mage uses is different from what shaman uses. Shaman calls fire elementals to lend their power but mage uses aracne magic to make fire. I personally think KJ is stronger arcane user than Malygos because he traveled around the universe so he must have learned so many knowledge about arcane and Sargeras himself taught him. As for Azshara, I don't know. Her power was stated to be comparable to Archimonde at the time of WotA. She should have grown a lot more powerful but I don't think KJ has been sitting at his throne doing nothing too.
    Ah, ok, that clears some things up. Still, I await a true show of power from KJ, all we have seen as of right now is that he is feared and he fell down his golden toilet after getting his ass kicked, I hope the next Burning Legion expansion will show off his true powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyranitar View Post
    The Lich King grew in power exponentially. At some point he would've outclassed Kil'Jaeden.

Yeah, Arthas was always the one who held the Scourge back from domination. If it hadn't been for Illidan Ner'zhul would have been better off without Arthas.
    Last edited by wariofan1; 2012-12-27 at 02:32 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyranitar View Post

Kil'Jaeden made the LK. The "magic" and power of the LK is his creation. What he makes, he can probably unmake. I won't be surprise if he can just break the "magic" of the LK by snapping his fingers.

Think about it. Archimonde flatten Dalaran by waving his hand. The LK with or without the Scourge is highly unlike to be a match for him. Now Kil'Jaeden out ranks Archimonde ...
    Last edited by SodiumChloride; 2012-12-27 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    Ah, ok, that clears some things up. Still, I await a true show of power from KJ, all we have seen as of right now is that he is feared and he fell down his golden toilet after getting his ass kicked, I hope the next Burning Legion expansion will show off his true powers.

Yeah, Arthas was always the one who held the Scourge back from domination. If it hadn't been for Illidan Ner'zhul would have been better off without Arthas.
    I think with Sargeras's absence. KJ is plotting something to take over BL himself. I think if next xpac is legion then we will deal with KJ's legion not Sargeras's. That's my speculation.

Didn't KJ create the plague, the scourge, let alone the Lich King? That could turn into trying to use his own hand against him.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

I don't know where did you read this stuff but I can assure you that Frostmourne didn't work like this, it is a powerful weapon yes and it has the power to imprison the soul of the dead such as bring them back to life but that's all. Kill'jaeden is the second in command in the Burning Legion's army and he's a demon of tremendous power, he created the plague AND the Lich King itself, we fight against half of his body in the Sunwell, that means half of his power. And Sargeras is the Leader of the Burning Legion, a Titan that was once know as one of the most powerful warrior of his kind, he defeated inumerous races in the universe, turning them in to slaves...The Lich King was feared, yes, but most because of his army of tireless undead warriors. That's why I belive that the Lich King don't have the power to face those two.
    Last edited by Ikkarus; 2012-12-27 at 03:18 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Norgannon the Dreamweaver View Post
    Kil'Jaeden would be a hard match for the Lich King.

Frostmourne isn't as powerful as you think it is.
    You're right. Frostmourne is nothing more than a good sword. Its only special power is that it corrupts people. If you're looking for a blade with special powers, look for Ashbringer.

And the Lich King isn't as powerful as people make him out to be. Sure, he's strong. But most of his strength comes from his massive army.

However, Kil'jaeden also isn't as powerful as people make him out to be. He's supposed to be weaker than Archimonde in physical strength. But he's more cunning.

---------- Post added 2012-12-27 at 04:30 PM ----------

There's a reason why Sargeras choosed KJ as his second in command over Archimonde.
    Because Kil'jaeden is the superior tactician. His powers are less than that of Archimonde.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    You're right. Frostmourne is nothing more than a good sword. Its only special power is that it corrupts people. If you're looking for a blade with special powers, look for Ashbringer.

And the Lich King isn't as powerful as people make him out to be. Sure, he's strong. But most of his strength comes from his massive army.

However, Kil'jaeden also isn't as powerful as people make him out to be. He's supposed to be weaker than Archimonde in physical strength. But he's more cunning.

---------- Post added 2012-12-27 at 04:30 PM ----------

Because Kil'jaeden is the superior tactician. His powers are less than that of Archimonde.
    There are no source that stated that Kil'jaeden's physical strength is weaker than Archimonde. Only source we have is that he is ranked higher than Archimonde and Velen stated that KJ is better at matters of arcane than both Archimonde and KJ. I don't think there's anything stronger than magic at their power level so it's pretty clear that KJ is stronger. So, what you said are wrong. Just because he is smart doesn't mean he doesn't have strength.

Meh, Lich King could take on Kil'Jaeden (If it were Lich Kings forces vs Kil' Jaeden's forces).

---------- Post added 2012-12-27 at 03:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ikkarus View Post
    I don't know where did you read this stuff but I can assure you that Frostmourne didn't work like this, it is a powerful weapon yes and it has the power to imprison the soul of the dead such as bring them back to life but that's all. Kill'jaeden is the second in command in the Burning Legion's army and he's a demon of tremendous power, he created the plague AND the Lich King itself, we fight against half of his body in the Sunwell, that means half of his power. And Sargeras is the Leader of the Burning Legion, a Titan that was once know as one of the most powerful warrior of his kind, he defeated inumerous races in the universe, turning them in to slaves...The Lich King was feared, yes, but most because of his army of tireless undead warriors. That's why I belive that the Lich King don't have the power to face those two.
    He created the Lich King, in which created the plague. If the Lich King was still under the command of Kil'Jaeden he wouldn't be as powerful as was in his prime. I also think Yogg' Saron had something to do with helping the Lich King create the Scourge and such, since he is the God of death and their is said to be a connection. Hopefully they reveal to us more about the connections between Yogg' Saron and the Lich King in the future.

And for all the people thinking Yogg; Saron is dead, he isn't. Just put back asleep.

Edit: And Deathwing empowered by the Old Gods could annihilate Kil'Jaeden. I also remember hearing that Archimonde always retreated battle when Deathwing entered the battlefield.

---------- Post added 2012-12-27 at 03:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Justforthis123 View Post
    Well if we have to be objective..

Sargeras right now i dont think is a match for anyone, so anyone would lose.

Kiljaeden vs Arthas.. if it was during wotlk maybe they could have had a even match but if we talk about a Arthas that won against us and against Deathwing ( because he would have killed deathwing by himself without the need of the ds after stealing all the countless souls during his victory in wotlk ) , they yes Arthas would definitely win.

Dont forget that often the student surpasses the master, thats they only way that things get to improve.

And lets not forget that illidan while being a demon lost utterly against Arthas and the frostmourne at his early stages.
    The Old Gods brainwashed Azshara into creating a portal big enough to fit Sargeras through, mostly because they wanted to be freed and with a Legion invasion being held, it would to so much damage to Azeroth that it would break their prisons. The knew what they were up against, and obviously planned to kill Sargeras once they were freed. I'd say a fully awakened Old God could take on a single Titan, especially since it took an army of Titans to imprison 5 Old Gods and the Old Gods weren't even allied, rather they were fighting each other.

---------- Post added 2012-12-27 at 04:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    The way I see it:

Illidan < The Lich King < Deathwing ~ Kil'jaeden ~ Azshara <<<<< The Old Gods* <<<<< Sargeras

*Each one of them alone, there are some theories about their power while working together, but we also know they have been enemies in the past (or, at least, their minions have), so I don't consider them a faction/family/same-being just yet.

I think the Lich King is a dangerous character for the people of Azeroth, and his army is a fearful one, but he was given his power BY Kil'jaeden, and his body is still that of a human. He is no rival for the an Aspect, the most powerful Eredar of the Burning Legion or the most powerful mage Azeroth has ever seen. And those are still mortals, toys for the Old Gods and the Titans.
    Come on, a single fully awakened Old God would probably wreck Sargeras single handedly, since like mentioned above, it took a whole army of Titans(Including Sargeras) to imprison 5 Old Gods, and the Old Gods weren't even allied, so who knows, an Alliance of Old Gods could probably take on the Pantheon.
    Last edited by TheAmazingFeedz; 2012-12-27 at 03:53 PM.
    "Yes, I'm one of those GW2 fan boys who quit WoW and never even played GW1."[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmazingFeedz View Post
    Meh, Lich King could take on Kil'Jaeden (If it were Lich Kings forces vs Kil' Jaeden's forces).

---------- Post added 2012-12-27 at 03:42 PM ----------

He created the Lich King, in which created the plague. If the Lich King was still under the command of Kil'Jaeden he wouldn't be as powerful as was in his prime. I also think Yogg' Saron had something to do with helping the Lich King create the Scourge and such, since he is the God of death and their is said to be a connection. Hopefully they reveal to us more about the connections between Yogg' Saron and the Lich King in the future.

And for all the people thinking Yogg; Saron is dead, he isn't. Just put back asleep.

Edit: And Deathwing empowered by the Old Gods could annihilate Kil'Jaeden. I also remember hearing that Archimonde always retreated battle when Deathwing entered the battlefield.

---------- Post added 2012-12-27 at 03:58 PM ----------

The Old Gods brainwashed Azshara into creating a portal big enough to fit Sargeras through, mostly because they wanted to be freed and with a Legion invasion being held, it would to so much damage to Azeroth that it would break their prisons. The knew what they were up against, and obviously planned to kill Sargeras once they were freed. I'd say a fully awakened Old God could take on a single Titan, especially since it took an army of Titans to imprison 5 Old Gods and the Old Gods weren't even allied, rather they were fighting each other.
    Old gods had army too.. and imprisoning is actually harder than killing. Kosak also said recently that titans dealed with many old gods before they came to Azeroth so old gods are not that special as you think. Sargeras would destroy them 1-1. You think he doesn't know about them? Old gods=ancient parasite. That's it.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2012-12-27 at 04:09 PM.