Elder Charm for rolling on OS gear in LFR ?

My main is frost dk and my OS is blood.

Is it possible for me to do this when I queue as dps in LFR ?

a) Boss dies in LFR
    b) System rolls for me and if i win i get a dps loot from the boss's loot table if not some gold
    c) System prompts me to use Elder charm (assuming I have one)
    d) I respec to Blood(tank) at this stage
    e) Then I roll using my Elder Charm
    f) Will I get a tank loot now if i win this bonus roll ?

Has anyone done this ?

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No it sets your loot to whatever spec you chose to Q, The only exception is Sha whom is apparently bugged in terms of specs.
    Last edited by Resentful; 2012-12-20 at 07:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    No it sets your loot to whatever spec you chose to Q, The only exception is Sha whom is apparently bugged in terms of specs.
    FALSE..

Coin flip is based on the spec you have, when flipping the coin.. It have been confirmed by blue. Changing spec before usng coin is a way of getting OS loot, and is approved by Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    FALSE..

Coin flip is based on the spec you have, when flipping the coin.. It have been confirmed by blue. Changing spec before usng coin is a way of getting OS loot, and is approved by Blizzard.
    Give me a source before I feel dumb n.n

Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    Give me a source before I feel dumb n.n
    he is right. i regularly change to DPS spec when queue'd as a healer for fights I dont need healer gear from.

with my guild LFR, of course

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neave View Post
    he is right. i regularly change to DPS spec when queue'd as a healer for fights I dont need healer gear from.

with my guild LFR, of course
    Yeah just found it /cries I don't research pvE stuff anymore! :P sorry for the false info

10+ Year Old Account
    This is big, I'm suprised this type of info, never made the front page

well, leaders have the power to change a persons role. if the system looked at your role instead of spec, there would been a lot of problems and trolling.

but to the OPs question: I cant confirm or deny it. I dont use coins for offspecs.
    i'd think it would work, though.
    unless the coding looks at your spec in fight, or assigns a token win to us all and the coin only retrieves/unlocks it. which sounds like overly complicated coding.
    Last edited by Neave; 2012-12-20 at 07:33 AM.

Whatever you spec you are when you use a coin is the sort of loot you'll get. Same goes for when the boss initially dies.

I queue as DPS in Tank spec and I get Tank gear. Yeah, it's kind of a dick move, but I don't care to wait through the shitty tank queues.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quenchiest View Post
    Whatever you spec you are when you use a coin is the sort of loot you'll get. Same goes for when the boss initially dies.

I queue as DPS in Tank spec and I get Tank gear. Yeah, it's kind of a dick move, but I don't care to wait through the shitty tank queues.
    I switch to blood on some bosses i don't need dps gear from too, my dps might be low, but if i was tanking we might be wiping, so what's worse >:P

yeah i sometimes do that too.. just queue as dps and spec tank with dps gear for the bosses that you just need prot gear from. they should reall let you just select a role for each boss you want loot from regardless of the spec you are.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    FALSE..

SO you can que as tank, and kill the boss.. possibly recieve tank loot, and then swap specs really fast and use your coin and possibly get gear for whatever spec you swapped to dps/heals? If so that makes things soo much easier for me!