Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Storm Legion 25% Today Only

I don't know if anyone saw the huge splashy ad on MMO, but all digital versions of Storm Legion are on sale for one day only. LINK

In case anyone on here is playing original Rift or Rift Lite, it's a great time to pick it up. For someone who got a free copy of Rift with the Raptr deal, or returning players, the collector's edition is only $44.99 which is a good price.

Can someone tell me if the Portal Generator that comes with this has a cooldown, or how it works specifically?
    Last edited by Kelimbror; 2012-12-20 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Can someone tell me if the Portal Generator that comes with this has a cooldown, or how it works specifically?
    1hr cooldown, works as if you were stood at a porticulum. Will only transport you to your current region (ie, Mathosia if you're in the 1-50 zones, or Brevane/Dusken if you're in the 51-60 zones). Charges same rates as a normal porticulum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    1hr cooldown, works as if you were stood at a porticulum. Will only transport you to your current region (ie, Mathosia if you're in the 1-50 zones, or Brevane/Dusken if you're in the 51-60 zones). Charges same rates as a normal porticulum.
    That's almost worth the extra money for convenience. Thank you for the reply.

10+ Year Old Account
    Best CE item I've got since you don't need to be near a port to use it. It's not just another soul recall which takes you to your binded city. It's win when a zone event pops or you want do some turn in across the map with no port close by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    Best CE item I've got since you don't need to be near a port to use it. It's not just another soul recall which takes you to your binded city. It's win when a zone event pops or you want do some turn in across the map with no port close by.
    There's been many a time where I needed to do just that. Since I have a slow, easily knocked off mount that can be a pain. I've noticed the aggro radius for this game is kinda overpowered. I'll get dismounted in a second by mobs that are 20 levels lower than me. That part kinda sucks.

I guess I will have to pick this up, since it's almost the regular price for the Infinity Edition now.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's been many a time where I needed to do just that. Since I have a slow, easily knocked off mount that can be a pain. I've noticed the aggro radius for this game is kinda overpowered. I'll get dismounted in a second by mobs that are 20 levels lower than me. That part kinda sucks.

I guess I will have to pick this up, since it's almost the regular price for the Infinity Edition now.
    Sort of off topic but it's been said somewhere the dismount mechanism is reduced as you get/purchase higher speed mounts. If you're cruising around on the 60% mount it's often but much better then it was release. They fixed it in patch 1.1 and lower lvl mobs having a huge agro range.

10+ Year Old Account
    So since a certain OP mentioned the 25% off deal, and since I'm addicted to buying MMO's and expansions, I've decided to check out Storm Legion.

Any hints for returning newbies, things that have changed that I should know?
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    So since a certain OP mentioned the 25% off deal, and since I'm addicted to buying MMO's and expansions, I've decided to check out Storm Legion.

• 4 New souls, one for each class.

• 2 new continents that triple the size of the world

• New instant adventures, join up with people to pillage the land and get tons of XP

• Carnage quests where you can just grind away, but with a purpose and more XP

• Onslaught quests where you defend points from invaders..think zone wide event

• New rift types, including hunt rifts where you pull crazy ass bosses into this world

• OMG Dimensions, most insane housing feature ever made...it's basically the tools the developers use to build the world except you buy items to decorate. Just google some up and you will be amazed.

• And like every other game, new mounts, pets, achievements, etc, etc, etc

• They've already done the first major content patch and introduced a new raid, new single player dungeon, etc.

I could go on, but other people who have experienced it first hand have posted better summaries elsewhere.
    PS, 6 month subscriptions are also on sale at only $60 ($10/month)
    Last edited by Kelimbror; 2012-12-20 at 03:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    4 New souls, one for each class.
    2 new continents that triple the size of the world

New instant adventures, join up with people to pillage the land and get tons of XP

Onslaught quests where you can just grind away, but with a purpose and more XP

New rift types, including hunt rifts where you pull crazy ass bosses into this world

OMG Dimensions, most insane housing feature ever made...it's basically the tools the developers use to build the world except you buy items to decorate. Just google some up and you will be amazed.

And like every other game, new mounts, pets, achievements, etc, etc, etc

They've already done the first major content patch and introduced a new raid, new single player dungeon, etc.

I could go on, but other people who have experienced it first hand have posted better summaries elsewhere.
    sweet

I've only done Instant adventures once.

Have they sped up the leveling from 1-50? would like to create a warrior, because I'm usually best at melee type classes. I found the leveling to be quite a drag at launch, though.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Have they sped up the leveling from 1-50? would like to create a warrior, because I'm usually best at melee type classes. I found the leveling to be quite a drag at launch, though.
    IDK, I'm level 31 and I've only played 20 hours in game. A lot of that was spent grinding rep in lower level areas, doing holiday events, and leveling professions. I'm guessing if you just focused on leveling you would be much higher in that amount of time.

50-60 is pretty intense, but fun though I hear.

10+ Year Old Account
    30% off at GreenManGaming with code GMG30-DPLIM-DN831

Code can only be used once per checkout, but is otherwise reusable, so you can get Storm Legion for $28 instead of $30 from Trion, then you can get a 30-day timecard for $10 instead of $15.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Every word I read of that post has your credibility plummeting like a hooker getting a suitcase full of money for a BJ.

10+ Year Old Account
    Check out my comprehensive feature review in my "BIG 1080p review" in my sig and Seatin's PvE stuff if you also want to see how friggin' amazing the bosses are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lypo View Post
    30% off at GreenManGaming with code GMG30-DPLIM-DN831

Code can only be used once per checkout, but is otherwise reusable, so you can get Storm Legion for $28 instead of $30 from Trion, then you can get a 30-day timecard for $10 instead of $15.
    Interesting. This means you can get a 60 day sub for 21.00 as well. Almost as good as their deal on a 6month in advance. Really great for people wanting to try the game out for a couple of months.

Thanks for posting that!

So tempting if I didn't have 11 other games to play including two short timewise games called Skyrim and Oblivion...........

15+ Year Old Account
    Does buying the expansion give me the full game as well? I'm only on Lite
    "We all make choices, but in the end our choices make us." - Andrew Ryan

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tethrys View Post
    Does buying the expansion give me the full game as well? I'm only on Lite
    Yes, but it'll be slightly more expensive than for us that already bought the game. $50 vs $40 on GMG before the 30% off. $35 for you after the 30% off.

Here's the link for Rift+Storm Legion on GMG:
    http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/e...on-combo-pack/
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Every word I read of that post has your credibility plummeting like a hooker getting a suitcase full of money for a BJ.

So I can get the game from trion with 30 day starting game time. Then grab a 60 day game card for 21 bucks and use it when my free first month is up?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoegarden View Post
    So I can get the game from trion with 30 day starting game time. Then grab a 60 day game card for 21 bucks and use it when my free first month is up?
    You sure can. Just do two separate checkouts and you got it.

So technically you get the first game, the expansion, and 3 months of subscription for around $56.00.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just came back today for it Having a blast on my mage so far

You sure can. Just do two separate checkouts and you got it.

So technically you get the first game, the expansion, and 3 months of subscription for around $56.00.
    Awesome! Thanks...been wanting to grab the game. This lil deal is a bit more of an incentive for me to do so. Hope the community is great. Already had to deal wth customer service about my password beng reset and holy shit...theyre amazing!! Very professional. If that's what I have to look forward to from this company, then it looks pretty good.

Also, I can't login to site for deal :/ too many people trying to login most likely