Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    Genius! Make yet another Mage choice completely unusable! That surely won't affect PvE at all!

OT: Feel free to nerf my Frost burst, but I expect, no, DEMAND a buff to my sustained.
    Don't worry. It'll get nerfed with NS close and blood fear too. Maybe they'll keep a 1 min cd, but only allow it to be casted with damage spells, tho that would be a hard nerf.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What I want/expect:
    - Blood Fear, PoM RoF, Blinding Light, Shockwave, FoJ, Cyclone and Psyfiend all on higher cooldowns, non-instant or higher costs (e.g. more Mana for Psyfiend, Blood Fear only usable after taking certain amount of damage, Blinding Light and Cyclone removed, Shockwave on a one minute cooldown and FoJ removed, with Dragon Roar or Bladestorm buffed. Maybe some more CC's I forgot to mention that could be altered, but not experienced enough with Spriest, Lock, Monk or Hunter to really comment on these.
    - Druids mobility nerfed slightly, ridiculously OP for PVP Flag Carriers, and all other Tanks buffed so they are being used in Rated/ Random BGs.
    - Ret heals and damage buffed slightly, some sort of surivivability
    - Warrior cooldown stacking worked on. Warrior pops cooldowns and shit dies unless they can escape from endless CCs. Should've been done from the start.
    - Disc Priests slightly stronger.
    - Hunter Nerfs (Mainly BM)
    - Rogues becoming OP. Seriously. They are not in as bad a state as people make out IMO, just fairly boring to play and very very bad talents apart from one tier. I'm expecting some possible rotation changes for either Sub or Combat, along with a few talent changes in 5.2, which, with better gear that Rogues will scale well off, will leave them in an extremely powerful spot as Blizzard tries to get people playing Rogues again. This all speculation, but either something like this will happen, or they will be neglected the entirety of the Expansion
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Deleted
    Remove all warrior abilities and people would still complain about auto-attack being OP.

High warrior representation -> nerf -> class still viable -> nerf -> w00t there're still warriors -> nerf -> 4.3 again -> "Our data shows that warriors are in a sweet spot"
    Last edited by mmoc8b1766084d; 2012-12-20 at 08:34 PM.

Second wind already got nerfed. I'm already gemming resil. Sword and shield is the future for warriors...again..

Warriors hopefully. Heavily.

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    Even Vanguards is using his Enhancement Shaman more than his Ret... that is extremely telling.

EDIT: After a second read of that, you're probably a Rogue or got killed by a Ret that was just a better player and/or a team with Ret on it. Your post is glistening with disdain.
    I don't play a rogue, actually, and I don't have issues with rets 1on1, not that 1on1 matters since 3v3 is my thing. Nice theory though, how mad are you right now? A blue post has already stated that paladin CC will be changed in 5.2. I'm sorry if that offends you.

Quote Originally Posted by velnis View Post
    I don't play a rogue, actually, and I don't have issues with rets 1on1, not that 1on1 matters since 3v3 is my thing. Nice theory though, how mad are you right now? A blue post has already stated that paladin CC will be changed in 5.2. I'm sorry if that offends you.
    a warrior then? got kited around like a ninny by a ret?

the ignorance of the current state of pvp displayed in your post was pretty glaring.
    Last edited by kosechi; 2012-12-20 at 08:58 PM.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Damage wise, Beast Mastery Hunters need a hard nerf. I can kill someone in seconds even without stampede, as long as Bestial Wrath is available. They need to move damage away from the pet and to the Hunter a bit more. I feel that even non-Beast Mastery pets do a bit too much damage.

Warriors still need a damage nerf. This can be in the form of disallowing cooldown stacking. No Avatar/Recklessness at the same time, etc. Shockwave damage needs to be lowered or removed, or the cooldown increased to 30-35 seconds.

Frost Death Knight burst needs to be toned down a bit too. Killing Machine is way too good in PvP.

Feral burst is probably worse than Warriors right now, and that's saying a lot. They have insane mobility, which is fine, but not fine when coupled with the damage they deal. Also, there should be no instant Cyclones, aside from Nature's Swiftness.

Mages need damage moved away from instants and placed elsewhere. Ring of Frost needs a longer cooldown.

Warlock's Blood Fear needs an longer cooldown, perhaps 20 seconds. I feel that Chaos Bolt really isn't that big of an issue.

Windwalker Monks need a few survivability buffs, outside of defensive cooldowns, they seem to take more damage than any other class. I fear that if their damage is buffed, we'll have problems.

Retribution Paladins need a slight reduction in burst and a slight reduction to the damage that Guardian of Ancient Kings can produce. Also, something needs to change with Inquisition, it's boring and feels bad.

Shadow Priests, I don't know enough about them to say what exactly needs what.

Balance Druids have way too much crowd control. Roots, AoE silence, Vortex, Cyclone, Mighty Bash (stun) and when certain ones are used in conjunction with the other, the results are just way way way too strong.

Holy Paladins have too much damned crowd control as well. Especially considering the rather low CD on them.

Crowd control as a whole needs a stiff reduction, as we all know.
    Last edited by Dald; 2012-12-21 at 04:35 AM.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dald View Post
    Damage wise, Beast Mastery Hunters need a hard nerf. I can kill someone in seconds even without stampede, as long as Bestial Wrath is available. They need to move damage away from the pet and to the Hunter a bit more. I feel that even non-Beast Mastery pets do a bit too much damage.

Warriors still need a damage nerf. This can be in the form of disallowing cooldown stacking. No Avatar/Recklessness at the same time, etc. Shockwave damage needs to be lowered or removed, or the cooldown increased to 30-35 seconds.

Frost Death Knight burst needs to be toned down a bit too. Killing Machine is way too good in PvP.

Feral burst is probably worse than Warriors right now, and that's saying a lot. They have insane mobility, which is fine, but not fine when coupled with the damage they deal. Also, there should be no instant Cyclones, aside from Nature's Swiftness.

Mages need damage moved away from instants and placed elsewhere. Ring of Frost needs a longer cooldown.

Warlock's Blood Fear needs an longer cooldown, perhaps 20 seconds. I feel that Chaos Bolt really isn't that big of an issue.

Windwalker Monks need a few survivability buffs, outside of defensive cooldowns, they seem to take more damage than any other class. I fear that if their damage is buffed, we'll have problems.

Retribution Paladins need a slight reduction in burst and a slight reduction to the damage that Guardian of Ancient Kings can produce. Also, something needs to change with Inquisition, it's boring and feels bad.

Shadow Priests, I don't know enough about them to say what exactly needs what.

Balance Druids have way too much crowd control. Roots, AoE silence, Vortex, Cyclone, Ursoc's Might (stun) and when certain ones are used in conjunction with the other, the results are just way way way too strong.

Holy Paladins have too much damned crowd control as well. Especially considering the rather low CD on them.

Crowd control as a whole needs a stiff reduction, as we all know.
    I agree with most of your post except Ret Pally analysis. Ret burst is fine and is a lil weak compared to other classes. Sustained damage is a joke compared to frost dk, warriors, rogues and mages. Sustained damage needs a buff.
    I can pop my macro on my boomkin and crank out 150k dps with ease but can only manage 75k burst on pally.
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

Deleted
    Change it so that moonkins can't vortex into solar beam. And maybe tone down their cooldown damage whilst buffing sustained. That's all I'd wish for, before it's too late.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I had to take a stab in the dark My guess would be:
    -Shockwave now has a 0.5 second cast. Can be cast while moving and not interruptible via magic interrupts.
    -glyph of purge also increases the cost of purge by 10 or 20%
    -Blood Fear turns into the normal cast time fear with no cool down, but is either counts as a different class school from the warlock abilities or can be cast while moving.
    -Skull banner changed to: Party/raid members critical strikes put a bleed on the target for 20% of the damage done over 6 seconds
    -Displacer beast no longer activates prowl while in combat.
    -Cyclone removed from Predatory Swiftness.
    And my biggest Hope of change(this probably will not happen but I can hope): diminishing returns now makes you immune to the cc type after 2 instead of 4. (first hit full duration, 2nd half, 3rd immune) DR timer not changed.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

3v3 is my thing.
    Looks like I was right then. You just got spanked by a team with a Ret on it and you're crying. Take your unjustified whining elsewhere. Just because they beat you, doesn't mean Ret is good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Feral burst, hopefully malevolent weapons, fear spam (locks and spriests). Not sure, but maybe Frost DKs? Two DKs followed me around in a BG today critting me for 100-130k obliterates through 55% resil.

A couple of instant cc's will definitly be nerfed, and I expect some of the mage control ( probably increased cd's on ring of frost and deep freeze ). Second Wind might be redesigned..

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    Looks like I was right then. You just got spanked by a team with a Ret on it and you're crying. Take your unjustified whining elsewhere. Just because they beat you, doesn't mean Ret is good.
    Yeah okay if you say so pal. I don't have any problems with ret in any form of pvp. The game needs changes to all forms of CC across all classes, and I never suggested that this happen only to ret paladins. I don't know what your issue is, I don't care about rets and don't have problems with with them ever, and my team is currently at 2298, haven't played mush since hotfixes - I play a mage, spriest, and warlock. Yeah go ahead and talk smack about mages bla bla bla whatever. I've played at a pretty high level since TBC.

Lets review.

I don't care about ret paladins.
    I don't have issues with ret paladins, ever
    What I did say is that the game needs sweeping changes to all instant CC, including paladins, including mages (which I play) including spriests (which I play) and including blood fear with warlocks (which I also play). I never intended to single ret paladins out, maybe you're seeing what you want to see.

What I'm saying is that CC in this game has reached retarded levels and DR's need to be closely investigated. All classes. ALL CLASSES.

Notable offenders include:

Blood fear
    POM (needs a longer CD)
    Psyfiend
    Shockwave (needs a longer CD)
    Dis roar from druids
    Cyclone
    Vortex
    Solar beam on top of vortex
    Solar beam radius (TOO LARGE)
    Solar beam/gorefiends grasp/vortex stacking and globalling of entire teams in RBGs (see bailamost VODs for examples of this)
    Paladin CC chain (i'm thinking of holy paladins here, but if it affects ret so be it - you can be balanced in other ways)

Note that paladin CC is being changed in 5.2. No matter how much you get mad at me, it's going to change. And like I mentioned, i'm not trying to single your class out. The game needs sweeping changes for all classes and specs. That's including the ones that *I* play.
    Last edited by velnis; 2012-12-20 at 11:35 PM.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah okay if you say so pal. I don't have any problems with ret in any form of pvp. The game needs changes to all forms of CC across all classes, and I never suggested that this happen only to ret paladins. I don't know what your issue is, I don't care about rets and don't have problems with with them ever, and my team is currently at 2298, haven't played mush since hotfixes - I play a mage, spriest, and warlock. Yeah go ahead and talk smack about mages bla bla bla whatever. I've played at a pretty high level since TBC.

Lets review.

I don't care about ret paladins.
    I don't have issues with ret paladins, ever
    What I did say is that the game needs sweeping changes to all instant CC, including paladins, including mages (which I play) including spriests (which I play) and including blood fear with warlocks (which I also play). I never intended to single ret paladins out, maybe you're seeing what you want to see.

What I'm saying is that CC in this game has reached retarded levels and DR's need to be closely investigated. All classes. ALL CLASSES.

Notable offenders include:

Blood fear
    POM (needs a longer CD)
    Psyfiend
    Shockwave (needs a longer CD)
    Dis roar from druids
    Cyclone
    Vortex
    Solar beam on top of vortex
    Solar beam radius (TOO LARGE)
    Solar beam/gorefiends grasp/vortex stacking and globalling of entire teams in RBGs (see bailamost VODs for examples of this)
    Paladin CC chain (i'm thinking of holy paladins here, but if it affects ret so be it - you can be balanced in other ways)

Note that paladin CC is being changed in 5.2. No matter how much you get mad at me, it's going to change. And like I mentioned, i'm not trying to single your class out. The game needs sweeping changes for all classes and specs. That's including the ones that *I* play.
    Don't take it too personal, a lot of those players responding to your comments get butthurt when you might suggest that any of their abilities get nerfed. They lack the ability to see that PVP needs some major changes across the boards... ones that would affect all classes most likely.

Ret burst removed. Ret survivability nerfed, sustained damage nerfed, off-healing burst increased so they can be further nerfed in hotfixes after patch.

Other classes are fine. In fact I think mages, particularly frost, will need buffing again, they took a couple of nerfs this patch, first time since wotlk so now its time to buff them in a few other areas.
    Last edited by Palatinus; 2012-12-21 at 12:24 AM.

can i ask why people want second wind nerfing it is fine in 3v3 stop qqing over it in 2v2 and duels were the game isnt balanced

for some one who doesn't care about ret paladins you sure picked a very specific spec to use as your example.
    if blinding light needs a cast time, then so does intimidating shout, howl of terror, psychic scream. all of which have shorter cds, and are more resistant to damage then blinding light.

holy paladins don't actually have any more capacity for instant cc then rets do and rets have pretty much the same capacity they did in cata and wolk. i guess they have lots of instant cc in that game where cleaves are the absolute best comps right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaderas View Post
    Don't take it too personal, a lot of those players responding to your comments get butthurt when you might suggest that any of their abilities get nerfed. They lack the ability to see that PVP needs some major changes across the boards... ones that would affect all classes most likely.
    rets has had plenty of nerfs, and more on the horizon. i'm not sure how making specific examples of one of the weaker melee specs and more average healers would benefit pvp in general.
    Last edited by kosechi; 2012-12-21 at 12:48 AM.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    displacer beast and disquieting roar need to be looked at. both need much longer cds and or shouldn't be usable while silenced.
    Displacer Beast can't be used if you have Faerie Fire on you, and if you have ANY dots on you, it breaks stealth immediately.
    Disorienting Roar only lasts for 3 seconds, and it breaks after taking damage. Ret paladin have the same thing, only it lasts twice as long.