Idea for a build

So... I love bard. I can't play a tree that doesn't have a bit of bard in it.
    While I've been leveling (53 now, done with swtor so I should be 60 soonish) I made a bard hunter tree (suggested on these boards) and I've found it a lot of fun.
    So, while I raided a little as pure bard at 50 and plan to play tactician bard I was looking at bard hunter 2.0.
    I figured out how to get raptor, all bards buff and debuffs, and stuff. Its focused on milking all the DPS and buff/debuff talents to boost the group while also being able to dps a bit.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...qR0Vzth0qo.-11

Thoughts?

ermgerrd forgot to talk about rotation.

Finisher
    Headshot if Bestial fury is down
    Keep up the 3 bard debuffs
    Otherwise coda of wrath of AP / Dmg stacks and maintain bard buffs
    Builder
    Keep splinter, shadow fire, and piercing shot up
    Power cord when its up for 2 combo points
    When power cord is down quick shot.
    Agony every 20 seconds.

Would it be worth while to increase debuff duration in stead of picking up agony? That would buy me more damage finishers...
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...qR0mzthbVo.-11 Would probably be a little better. Less to manage, moar wrath finishers.

Also, would it be a good trade imp motif of regen for virtuoso? I used that to max my stacks and apply my 3 debuffs at the start of the fight. http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...qR0mzxhdVo.-11

anyone got macro suggestions?
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2012-12-20 at 06:06 PM.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Well, that build was made with a broken calc that allows you to spend 80 points, so no, it won't work. Try the one at rift.magelo.com. I believe it still has some tooltip errors though, at least it only lets you spend the right amount of points.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Well, that build was made with a broken calc that allows you to spend 80 points, so no, it won't work. Try the one at rift.magelo.com. I believe it still has some tooltip errors though, at least it only lets you spend the right amount of points.
    barf.

Why zam? WHY?

---------- Post added 2012-12-20 at 05:53 PM ----------

I guess if you take 5 points from steady hand and put one into predatory instincts the idea is essentially the same.

Thanks for pointing that out lathais
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2012-12-20 at 05:54 PM.

Also, I just noticed you said you plan to use this for raiding? If you do, then just forget it now. Any Bard build for raiding that is not 61 pt is not worth it IMO. The 51+ Root abilities are too good and any advantage you gain by not taking them is not worth it. Also, since Bard buffs do not stack with another Bard, if you re running this alongside a 61-pt Bard, you are a waste. Verse of Joy, Verse of Occulsion and Orchesrta of the Planes are awesome awesome buffs. Multiple Oscilations is also very very nice for trash. With that up in a DPS rotation I can pull very good AoE DPS while still keeping buffs up on raid, granted, not very much healing but still. For a boss fight, I can get those 3 major CDs off at least twice, sometimes 3 times and can make the difference if you get that third one off just before/after enrage.

That said, for solo play or 5-mans it may be worthwhile.

Also, I just noticed you said you plan to use this for raiding?
    No I plan on raiding as tactics/bard and 61 bard

edit: I can see how that was confusing.

right now I am using something like for this leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Its focused on milking all the DPS and buff/debuff talents to boost the raid while also being able to dps a bit.
    That is the line that confused me. Especially considering the build does not bring the 3 buffs you really really want.

So if not to raid what is the intent of the build, then perhaps I could help you more.

That is the line that confused me. Especially considering the build does not bring the 3 buffs you really really want.

So if not to raid what is the intent of the build, then perhaps I could help you more.
    Small group play, maybe a little bit of pvp, leveling. It was more just something I found worked well for me and wanted to know if there was a way I could improve it. and yeah. I mistyped :X fixed it.