Exclamation Testicular cancer need help!

We'll not exactly testicular cancer but I do have cancer on my epididymis. The testicle itself wont be removed but they are going to remove all the tubing which allows reproductive flow only on my right side. So it's about the same as just removing the testicle anyways because it won't be functional at all.

Posting this here because I am scared and I would like second opinions/counter options from people. I am hoping there's still a chance to keep something intact.

I hate to be blunt in this situation, but you really shouldn't ask oncology advice from random internet posters that are most likely not certified to be giving medical advice.

Plus, opinions of this sort require specifics that cannot be examined online. If you want a second opinion you'll just have to see another oncologist. Best of luck to you bud.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sandmoth12 View Post
    We'll not exactly testicular cancer but I do have cancer on my epididymis. The testicle itself wont be removed but they are going to remove all the tubing which allows reproductive flow only on my right side. So it's about the same as just removing the testicle anyways because it won't be functional at all.

Posting this here because I am scared and I would like second opinions/counter options from people. I am hoping there's still a chance to keep something intact.
    Even the best Doctors cannot diagnose you over the internet, especially regarding cancer. Seek help elsewhere.

Support you can get on a forum. Second opinions? That's what a doctor is for.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a pretty harmless procedure as far as I know, men do it in order to hinder the ability to reprocude instead of using contraceptives rather commonly. If I were you I'd be much much more fraidy of the cancer. And it's not exactly the same as removing the testicle, it will still produce hormones and excrete that into your body if I remember correctly, it's only the sperm feed that is cut off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Trolling will result in the loss of your forum posting privileges, and the removal of your genitals with my teeth while I hum Oasis songs.

You should still be able to reproduce with only one testicle "functioning". I wouldn't be worried if you indeed need to get this procedure done to save yourself from cancer.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Quote Originally Posted by Valanna View Post
    It's a pretty harmless procedure as far as I know, men do it in order to hinder the ability to reprocude instead of using contraceptives rather commonly. If I were you I'd be much much more fraidy of the cancer. And it's not exactly the same as removing the testicle, it will still produce hormones and excrete that into your body if I remember correctly, it's only the sperm feed that is cut off.
    I don't want to have "hindered" fertility. I want to have a kid some day, and this could screw all that over for me.

I don't want to have "hindered" fertility. I want to have a kid some day, and this could screw all that over for me.
    It won't make a difference in your ability to reproduce unless you had it done to both sides. You will not have any problems reproducing, I'm sure.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

If you still can, you can freeze your sperm now and use it later. But from what you said it's only the flow of one of the testicles, so it should still be possible right?

Deleted
    You can have kids with only 1 functioning testicle, a mate of mine had one removed at the age of 20, he has 3 kids now.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    You can have kids with only 1 functioning testicle, a mate of mine had one removed at the age of 20, he has 3 kids now.
    Still removing one will reduce your fertility rate.

Deleted
    Nothing you can do about it apart from accept it.

Not to a point where you won't be able to have kids.

Deleted
    Really sorry to hear that but you should speak with a doctor instead, considering it's cancer and all that, it's a lot safer and we don't want something bad to happen to you because someone posted something he/she shouldn't have had.

Best of luck to you though.

Closed.