10+ Year Old Account
    In your fish aquarium eating your fish flakes. NOM NOM

Is valor gain any faster since 5.1?

Hey, i quit back in late october because i not only wiped far too many times doing mv on 10man normal, it also would take an extreme amount of time to cap valor (for me about 5 days worth of play). Has any of these 2 things changed yet, meaning have they gotten easier?
    Torchlight II Vanilla Player
    Looking for a vanilla only group?

http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=40739

10+ Year Old Account
    Most reasonable guilds are already farming MV but it wasn't nerfed as far as I know.
    They also raised the amount of VP you can get from scenarios, dungeons and raid bosses.

Deleted
    Please. Don't have for nerfs after a couple of months after the release T_T

10+ Year Old Account
    It's slightly easier, but it definitely takes work to cap one, if not multiple characters per week. 80 vp a day from the heroic (40 after) means spamming heroics won't cap you any more, and the small amount of vp from raid bosses means slow progression there unless you're clearing 10+ a week.

10+ Year Old Account
    MSV difficulty hasn't changed other then the fact that most guilds have picked up their fair share of gear from the various raids, so its easier to carry people.

Valor capping is rather easy if you don't mind playing the game.

Capping valor is fairly easy now.

Over the week I do the 5 LFR's 90*5=450vp

And the 1 random dungeon and scenario every other day or so 120vp per day.

The gaps can easily be filled with dailies.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can get enough valor a week, just spread it out, Plenty of things to do to get them, Dailys/Scenarios/Dungeons/Raids and ofcourse transmutting conquest into Valor.
    So plenty of way my dear sir.

Without raiding valor acquisition is exactly the same as it was after they boosted the payout from dungeons and scenarios.

In other words, it is still way too slow.
    200 dailies or
    30 dungeons or 60 scenarios or
    15 plus sections of LFR (repeats do pay 45 valor)

All in all, way too much time input. Successful raiders are getting decent chunks per boss that probably make it fairly easy to cap off doing a bit more than their normal raids. Even if with instant queues you're going to spend well over 10 hrs capping valor without raiding and more likely 15 to 20.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishyface View Post
    Hey, i quit back in late october because i not only wiped far too many times doing mv on 10man normal, it also would take an extreme amount of time to cap valor (for me about 5 days worth of play). Has any of these 2 things changed yet, meaning have they gotten easier?
    I capped valor on my main on wednesday this week, and I don't even do any raiding beyond LFR. 450 honor from LFR, 240 honor from daily heroic 5 man and scenario, then a mix of dailies and additional random heroics.

If wiping in MV normal is painful, and you're not the semi-masochistic type who likes that, just do LFR.

Heroic 5 man runs are typically smoother and faster now, even the Shado-Pan one. People are just more geared up.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    In your fish aquarium eating your fish flakes. NOM NOM
    Quote Originally Posted by hyphnos View Post
    Without raiding valor acquisition is exactly the same as it was after they boosted the payout from dungeons and scenarios.

200 dailies or

All in all, way too much time input. Successful raiders are getting decent chunks per boss that probably make it fairly easy to cap off doing a bit more than their normal raids. Even if with instant queues you're going to spend well over 10 hrs capping valor without raiding and more likely 15 to 20.
    Exactly what i wanted to know thanks for the imput, i really dont wanna spend time capping valor like that when it took a day at most in cata (sadly thats the only thing i miss about that xpack). Ill keep waiting then.
    Torchlight II Vanilla Player
    Looking for a vanilla only group?

http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=40739

Quote Originally Posted by Thornlix View Post
    You can get enough valor a week, just spread it out, Plenty of things to do to get them, Dailys/Scenarios/Dungeons/Raids and ofcourse transmutting conquest into Valor.
    So plenty of way my dear sir.
    afaik you can't turn conquest into valor or valor to conquest in MoP

Quote Originally Posted by Fishyface View Post
    Exactly what i wanted to know thanks for the imput, i really dont wanna spend time capping valor like that when it took a day at most in cata (sadly thats the only thing i miss about that xpack). Ill keep waiting then.
    It will probably never be that fast again, based on multiple comments from various different developers. It might get faster, but I would not expect it be significantly so.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

Valor gains are faster than they were in early WotLK with the "Daily Challenge" option. Even getting some poor times the valor-per-time awarded is incredibly high.
    Last edited by Kelrax; 2012-12-20 at 09:38 PM.

LFR gives 450 a week(90 per), heroics give 80 a day, scenarios give 40 a day, so 7 of each would be 840 a week.

The one thing I miss and don't understand why they took out was the ability to do all 7 heroics dailies in one day, it was the best thing they ever put in and I don't get the logical reason it's gone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IRunSoFarAway View Post
    The one thing I miss and don't understand why they took out was the ability to do all 7 heroics dailies in one day, it was the best thing they ever put in and I don't get the logical reason it's gone.
    As a guess, they'd like for you to log in every day and feel like you have something to do instead of finishing everything for the week in 24-48 hours and thinking there's nothing to do.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

if you prefer to raid only, the answer is a resounding no.

Quote Originally Posted by IRunSoFarAway View Post
    According to the devs, because you had the ability to do all 7 in one day, people felt like they were required to do all 7 in one day, and Blizz didn't like that. Also, again according to Blizzard, when they made the change, the number of people doing dungeons overall apparently dropped.

Every random heroic you do earns VP now though, instead of just the first 7. You just get double for the first one. So you could grind out the same amount of VP in one day. It would just take longer. 13 heroics if you want to do it in one day. Or you can run 2 heroics ever day for 5 days. Its actually more flexible in a way.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    if you prefer to raid only, the answer is a resounding no.
    If you knew the question then yes it is faster since he left in October.

Quote Originally Posted by hyphnos View Post

200 dailies or

The maximum number of heroics it would take to grind full valor if you did nothing else and ran them all in a single day is 24. (80 + 23*40). If you broke them up over a week, it goes as low as 18 (80*7 + 40 *11). That's if you don't get valor anywhere else.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is a stark contrast to Cata in terms of VP acquisition. I used to be able to cap numerous characters in the previous expansion. In MOP I have only capped VP twice since release. Blizz definitely suceeded in extending content. I can't say that I agree with the way that they did it though.