Echoing Fury / +Atks per Second?

What exactly is it about Echoing Fury that everyone seems to have one? I can only guess that it's the "+0.2x Attacks per Second"...what exactly does that do? Does it apply only to the weapon or...what?

Just wondering, because I see EVERYONE using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

it applies it to offhand speed aswell

Mm, I see...just bought a cheap 900dps+socket+150str one and it gave me a 10k DPS increase, also noticing a LOT more numbers popping up from WW. Is that why so many WW barbs have it? More hits from WW + tornadoes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Yes. There's a WW / Sprint Nado breakdown thread on the official D3 forum on what Attacks p/sec / Attack spd you need to hit certain breakpoints ( it should be on the actual barb forums ). I believe the "black damage" is also a bonus to those that use + elemental damage.

A similar question, am not trying to hijack thread but my query is related.

If I dual wield weapons and one has a percentage attack speed increase my attacks per second in tooltip is different depending on if I have the IAS weapon in my main hand compared to my off hand.

Does this actually matter.

Deleted
    %attak speed is specific to the weapons whereas +.2 as in the question is to overall attack speed meaning both main hand and offhand.

Quote Originally Posted by Godavari View Post
    %attak speed is specific to the weapons whereas +.2 as in the question is to overall attack speed meaning both main hand and offhand.
    Actually %attack speed on weapons is to both weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Klein View Post
    A similar question, am not trying to hijack thread but my query is related.

If I dual wield weapons and one has a percentage attack speed increase my attacks per second in tooltip is different depending on if I have the IAS weapon in my main hand compared to my off hand.

Does this actually matter.
    Open your character stat menu and look at attack speed. then just start spamming your main swing ability (eg, Frenzy). You'll notice that the Attacks per Second listed actually changes between main hand and off-hand as you take turns hitting with your main and off hand.

I think it has more to do with black weapons and + n% to <element> damage affixes, than attack speed.

+ attacks per second applies to both weapons.
    + attack speed on armor applies to weapons.
    + attack speed on a weapon only applies to that weapon.

Also, when dual wielding, your character page attacks per second will alternate each attack, because your main hand and offhand can have different attack speeds. It is not averaged in any way.