How to read World of Logs? (Elegon)

We just starting using WoL and don't really know how to read everything on it yet. First two nights on Elegon, we can get to 2 protectors in Phase 1 and it was mostly the orbs that were our problem (only 5 total stacks at best). But last night was terrible! We were getting 3 protectors every time. I think this is the best dps we've brought to the fight (we have to pug a lot), but we're getting Elegon to Phase 2 slower

So my question is, how can I tell if people are just not switching between Elegon and Protectors fast enough? Also, is active time total time percentage on boss or total time doing any dps?

Thanks in advance.

Active time is how much time you're spending attacking vs being idle. On a fight like Elegon, ranged are naturally going to be slightly higher than melee. But melee should still be at least 90%. What we do to ensure only 2 Protectors is (I'm a Rogue) I stay on the boss for the first Protector, and when the 2nd one spawns and gets brought over I run over to help bring it down (I usually step off for a second to reset while fighting it bc I'm around 14 stacks by that point) and then we get into Phase2.

If you want to see the amount of damage people are doing to Protectors, select Creatures >> Celestial Protector >> Damage by Actor
    That will show you the damage breakdown per person.

Wow! We have some major problems then since only 2 of us are over 90% active time, averaging about 82% active time. /sigh

I can't post a link to WoL, but we are Exiled Mercenaries on US-Proudmoore.

Erm... there's always something to hit on Elegon. Our lowest active time is 98.8% (a mage), which is lower than me (a rogue) at 99.5%. Utilize ShS and Feint and your uptime should be just as good as a ranged.

Most recent log.

Quote Originally Posted by Solanara View Post
    Wow! We have some major problems then since only 2 of us are over 90% active time, averaging about 82% active time. /sigh

I can't post a link to WoL, but we are Exiled Mercenaries on US-Proudmoore.
    From the 19/12 here is your damage on the protectors from your longest attempt, the first.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/6...742&target=110

This is the Energy Charge (orbs) damage from the same fight

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/6...&s=8473&e=8742

I haven't taken a look at your logs, just simply offering people a link and you an example of how to extract the information.
    Last edited by Migraine; 2012-12-20 at 11:18 PM.