Thread: Trinkets.

10+ Year Old Account

Trinkets.

Hey, this is my char http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Narsila/simple. Got question about trinks. Should i buy trinket for revered rep in domination offensive, or left that brewfest. Another question is, that lei shin final orders is better than this rep trinket ?

Lei Shin's Heroic is BiS for us. If you don't plan on killing heroic Will soon it's up to you if you want to spend the valor to buy the trinket.

Deleted
    First of all CCCC is the worst trinket possible you could use... Even most blue trinkets beat it! (Carbonic Carbuncle being the top of them). And then it depends. For example i founded that the trinket from domination offensive is quite good for and once i tested it i just couldn't get back to my Relic of Yulon. (Using normal Lei Shen + 5.1 Trink atm). It just fits my playstyle and my BB bursts perfectly. Furthermore seeing you aren't an engineer you wouldn't have to worry about your gloves CD. Def take it over CCCC and i for myself would also use it above Relic of Yulon, even when i get heroic Ley Shen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exhumator View Post
    First of all CCCC is the worst trinket possible you could use... Even most blue trinkets beat it! (Carbonic Carbuncle being the top of them). And then it depends. For example i founded that the trinket from domination offensive is quite good for and once i tested it i just couldn't get back to my Relic of Yulon. (Using normal Lei Shen + 5.1 Trink atm). It just fits my playstyle and my BB bursts perfectly. Furthermore seeing you aren't an engineer you wouldn't have to worry about your gloves CD. Def take it over CCCC and i for myself would also use it above Relic of Yulon, even when i get heroic Ley Shen.
    I'm not sure if its better than relic, but it might be. Relic has an uptime of slightly over %30, meaning its roughly ~1950 SEP (Not going to do all the math for uptime during CS and all that to do a complete comparision) and assuming a SEP of 1.2 per crit (Which is what I simmed at last I checked as fury) the trinket is ~2100 SEP. So ignoring all other factors than Strength Equivilancy I guess it is better but im really tired and my math might be off. (I'm going off what I remember the numbers being)

Lei Shen's Final Orders + Relix of Xuen are the BiS trinkets. They both have the same internal cooldown of 45 seconds which, adding both procs together, is a ton of strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Exhumator View Post
    CCCC is still better then a Blue Trinket except for Carbuncle!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexecute View Post
    Lei Shen's Final Orders + Relix of Xuen are the BiS trinkets. They both have the same internal cooldown of 45 seconds which, adding both procs together, is a ton of strength.
    Not in every situation. Well, the Lei Shen's is BiS in every simulation, but the second trinket depends on gear.
    On the US Battle.net forums, Colission did some tests:

IF YOU ARE AN ENGINEER AND SMF:
    Darkmoon Card > 5.1 Trinket. by a significant margin, 400+ dps increase in most cases.
    Also, super-important here: If you DO use this trinket as an engineer, use bloodbath with your springs, NOT the trinket. Use the trinket on your next colossus smash. Trinket procs/uses have always been an area where comparing SEP values is difficult, as the value of crit isn't quite as high when you only consider a 12 second window.

IF YOU ARE NOT AN ENGINEER:
    <490 Ilevel: Darkmoon Card > 5.1 trinket
    490-500 Ilevel: Darkmoon Card = 5.1 Trinket.
    >500 Ilevel or Titans Grip: 5.1 Trinket > Darkmoon Card.

Ilevel's are educated guesses by myself after running a couple of different gear-sets through. They have an error range of + or - 4 ilevels, sim your character to find out for sure.

Updated trinket results again.

My results for SMF:
    BEST:
    Heroic Lei Shen's Orders
    Regular Lei Shen's Orders
    5.1 Trinket (500+ Ilevel and NOT Engineer)
    Relic of Xuen
    5.1 Trinket (<500 ilevel or Engineer)
    Carbonite Carbuncle
    LFR Lei Shen's Orders
    WORST:
    AWFUL: Coaster

TG:
    BEST:
    Heroic Lei Shen's Orders
    5.1 Trinket (Non-engineering)
    Regular Lei Shen's Orders
    5.1 Trinket (Skullrender) (Engineering)
    Upgraded Carbonite Carbuncle (Only if crits SEP is above 1.2, roughly 505+ ilevel)
    Relic of Xuen
    Upgraded Carbonite Carbuncle
    Chorium's Coaster
    LFR Lei Shen's Orders
    Last edited by mmoc77a2bb18a3; 2012-12-22 at 02:02 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexecute View Post
    Lei Shen's Final Orders + Relix of Xuen are the BiS trinkets.
    +1 Both upgraded of course

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorc View Post
    +1 Both upgraded of course
    What's the SEP at ~500 ilvl for heroic vortex?

Quote Originally Posted by Beauterham View Post
    Also, super-important here: If you DO use this trinket as an engineer, use bloodbath with your springs, NOT the trinket. Use the trinket on your next colossus smash. Trinket procs/uses have always been an area where comparing SEP values is difficult, as the value of crit isn't quite as high when you only consider a 12 second window.
    While I agree with this usage, I disagree with the reasoning. The value of crit is just as high in a 12 second window as a 30 second window as all fight. Crit is worth just as much in a short period of time as a long one. The reason you use springs with the BB is that 1/3rd of your BBs should be synced with a recklessness, where strength's value will be massively higher than crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    What's the SEP at ~500 ilvl for heroic vortex?
    Worse than an upgraded carbuncle.