Deleted

frost dk, what to spend vps on?

i took a break from wow in may. back in cata i used to tank and was doing ok, started playing again 3 weeks ago and im not performing that well. will be trying to go dps since i dont want to be a burden on the guild. good thing is i havent used a lot of vps or dropped plenty of tank gear from raids yet so only thing id be wasting is a tier helm

here's my dk. armory isnt updated yet, using a 496 amulet/dps shoulders atm. i've heard 2h frost performs a little better than dw but havent found a raid 2h yet, so this is what im stuck with atm http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Holdo/advanced

im not sure if i should just stay dw or go 2h. say i'll stick to dw, should i upgrade the sha touched weapon or just buy a vp 489 cloak/ring? looking for the biggest dps increase. could get those either way and then if a 2h drops, assuming 2h performs that much better than dw, switch.

any ideas?

thanks

Deleted
    stay DW, upgrade your 496 weapon and darkmoon trinket

2H is slightly superior to DW right now, but considering you are still gearing up it will only put you back in the way of both money and time switching. For now, keep with DW, then if and when a 2h drops, you can switch if it remains slightly superior.

Good luck!

2H and DW are basically equal on single-targets, but DW is far superior on cleave, AE, and mobility. Your advice is thus 180 degrees off-target. You should only use 2H if you have a better 2H weapon. Once you can get equivalent DW weapons, go DW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Upgrading Heroic gear or elite gear or gear you dont think you'll replace for a long time that'll help with progression.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iippy/advanced
    I'd prefer my orcs to stand up straight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get some carries in 2s from PvP players and buy the BoE plate blood spirit gloves, my 2h F DK that dinged 1 week ago has higher iLvl than you do. Jealous of your Sha touched though.

The 2s carries are probably your best time investment for quality of gear and cost, cost me 1.5k for 10 wins both times, first time took 45 mins, second time took longer because more hardcore people were queueing it being christmas and all.

If you aren't killing H Bladelord or Tsulong any time soon the DPS ring would be good from Shieldwall.
    Last edited by Freedom; 2012-12-26 at 05:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhnwyn View Post
    stay DW, upgrade your 496 weapon and darkmoon trinket
    That. Darkmoon trinket upgraded 2x is 2rd (as in after Lei Shin's 0-2 upgrades) so it is the best upgrade investment both short and long term. Short term is the weapons upgrade, from normal to hc versions untill you get BiS ones.

Deleted
    ... gonna steal this thread and ask the same thing...

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...magik/advanced

will upgrade my chest to 2/2 next week but really don't know what to upgrade after that. We're starting on MSV heroics at the end of the week and I don't think I'll want to break my 4 set bonus with random drops like nullification greathelm etc so do I just pool valor for the next few weeks and upgrade any HC bits I may be lucky enough to get?

cheers

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vmagik View Post
    ... gonna steal this thread and ask the same thing...

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...magik/advanced

will upgrade my chest to 2/2 next week but really don't know what to upgrade after that. We're starting on MSV heroics at the end of the week and I don't think I'll want to break my 4 set bonus with random drops like nullification greathelm etc so do I just pool valor for the next few weeks and upgrade any HC bits I may be lucky enough to get?

cheers
    Maybe get the tier gloves for when the heroic helm drops of Feng. If you by any chance are getting caped by VP (by 1k or something, meaning one week) in your current gear I would think to upgrade Lei Shin's to 2x. It's 3rd ranked trinket for 2h after the hc Lei Shin (0-2) and hc Darkmist(1-2). Upgraded 2x the trinket is just above Darmist hc (0).