Poll: Your Favorite fantasy world

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Your favorite Fantasy lore/world:

Pick your favorite fantasy world... This isn't regarding books or movies. It can be based on the amount of lore available, history of events, battles faught, the inhabitants, magic, and geography/landscape that pertains to these planets.

I know there are so many other fantasy worlds out there but the ones that I know of that seem to be very popular are the 6 I mention. If I'm wrong, then flame away. I thought this would be a fun "off" topic to discuss.

For me, It was a close call between Tolkien's "Arda" and George Martin's world. Right now, I'm still stuck on George R R Martin's fantasy world "A Song of Ice and Fire".

Deleted
    All crap compared to the Discworld.

I like "Battle angel Alita" and "Biomega" manga settings. As for actual fantasy genre settings, my favourite would probably be from the manga "Berserk". I like Tolkien as well as Martin, but i tend to like "literature" with some visualization. I would pick Martin from your list.

Deleted
    Should write Middle-earth next to Arda, most people don't know what Arda is

Deleted
    1. Arda

2. Forgotten Realms D&D

3. Nirn

4. Azeroth

5. A song of Ice and Fire

Where is middle earth and tolkien world?

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Makanprakan View Post
    Should write Middle-earth next to Arda, most people don't know what Arda is
    that was for me thanks. So arda is my vote
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    Its the choice "Arda".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    Option A /10 chars

Avatar the Last Airbender world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzzentch View Post
    honestly what happened in BC? it's like the 60's of WoW everything is in awful colours, shit doesn't make sense and i feel like i'm trippin bawls everytime i level an alt past 58...
    Shattarath is kinda pretty but outside is a technicolor nightmare that looks like someone tied horses to the contrast slider and fired a rifle

I'm surprised no one has picked Nirn (related realms: Skyrim, Oblivion, Morrowind, etc...) so far.

A few good choices. Personally I'd go with Arda, but I really like Azeroth as well. Is the world in Game of Thrones fantasy? Yeah, I suppose, but you don't seem much of the fantasy side of it. Only scattered about. Whereas Arda and Azeroth is fantasy everywhere you look. JMO.

Quote Originally Posted by bamf775 View Post
    I'm surprised no one has picked Nirn (related realms: Skyrim, Oblivion, Morrowind, etc...) so far.
    I don´t really like Nirn because the lore has so much wasted potential due to it being established mostly by the games. Also, the fact that, spoiler, the world is in the mind of a schizophrenic God is a downer.

10+ Year Old Account
    none of those.

1 - the multiverse from planescape torment and the d&d setting
    2 - warhammer 40k
    3 - the world of darkness (vampire bloodlines etc). btw the only vampires who don't suck (in a good way).

from those available:
    nirn? dk EDIT: my bad for not searching. morrowind was nice. rest pretty standard fantasy.
    arda? dk EDIT: didn't know it was the tolkin world. still not badass enough though.
    narnia? lol
    oz? srsly?
    song of ice and fire? too "normal". for a normal peasant it would totally suck, seeing as it sucks hard even for the main characters. and it lacks jawdropping coolness to offset this.

so azeroth it is.
    Last edited by Sharde; 2012-12-20 at 11:48 PM.

Nothing wrong with Narnia and Oz.... I thought those were pretty iconic worlds that most people enjoy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Damn, havent heard of half of those on the list so I guess LOTR and Discworld

Edit: Oh Arda and Discworld then
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    uhhh no hyrule!? legend of zelda world is awesome!

----------------------------------------
    you are now consciously breathing
    ----------------------------------------

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Of those on the list my vote would go to GRRM's world and Tolkiens. Narnia's is lovely but no.
    Oz I don't know enough about.
    Nirn and Azeroth are both bad to be bloody honest. Fun to explore in game but comparing them to the other son the list? That make's me laugh.

For Favourite world it'd go to the world Erikson and Esslemont has for their Malazan books, The Discworld, Ambercrombie's world, or the world most of Robin Hobb's books take place in. I'd also put the world in the King Killer Chronicles above them all. Even if I still am mostly curious about it.

So, refraining from a vote due to only two really good options.

Son of a .....!!!! I forgot Tyria (Guild Wars). I hate it when I do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does Star Wars count?

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Does Star Wars count?
    Isn't that science fiction not fantasy?