Thread: Leveling Speed

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Leveling Speed

Well, i played the game back in release and leveling took quite long and was some kind of annoying....

however, hows the leveling speed now? Did it got any faster? Any "special" ways to level?

If you're starting from scratch, at level 10 or 14, take a break from questing and use Instant Adventures to level for awhile. It's fast, efficient, and a great way to meet new players as you level. With the ability to level down at any time you want, you can use IAs from level 10 to 50 and never leave the 6-20 zone, should you so choose.

If you're actually interested in experiencing the world and exploring, choose a build with some self-healing and quest through. Either way, it shouldn't take you long to hit level 50. You will be far better prepared for 50-60 if you do take the time to acquaint yourself with all the zones, events and options the original game provided, instead of rushing to 50 solely through IAs and dungeons.

If you want to just power level do instant adventures to 50. If you want some breathing in between do the story quests for each zone. the 1-50 story quests aren't that bad. However the story in SL gets a whole lot better.

Deleted
    Alright thanks...how long would it take from 1-50 only with Instant Adventures?

Quote Originally Posted by Spraytwist View Post
    Alright thanks...how long would it take from 1-50 only with Instant Adventures?
    If you started a new character at level 1 and you played a total of 120 hours (not all together) and after that 120 hours you reach level 50.
    It took you 120 hours to reach level 50.

If you started a new character at level 1 and you played a total of 80 hours (not all together) and after that 80 hours you reach level 50.
    It took you 80 hours to reach level 50.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    If you started a new character at level 1 and you played a total of 120 hours (not all together) and after that 120 hours you reach level 50.
    It took you 120 hours to reach level 50.
    Nowhere near that long, I'm not to sure what you're doing :P

The fastest I've levelled a character 1-50 is just under 11 hours game play time, doing a quite random mix of questing and instant adventures =)

so I reckon it will take you around 15-20 hours gameplay time to reach level 50 =)

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seatin View Post
    so I reckon it will take you around 15-20 hours gameplay time to reach level 50 =)
    I think for the average player this will be a drastically low estimate.

Granted I've smelled the roses a fair amount, I have well into 20+ hours and I'm only 31. This is from straight questing. I imagine it might take another 20 for a total of 40 hours game time to hit 50. With IAs, it could probably shave 10 hours? I don't think it would knock it down to 20 though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    I think for the average player this will be a drastically low estimate.

Granted I've smelled the roses a fair amount, I have well into 20+ hours and I'm only 31. This is from straight questing. I imagine it might take another 20 for a total of 40 hours game time to hit 50. With IAs, it could probably shave 10 hours? I don't think it would knock it down to 20 though.
    This is going on the assumption that you do not get side tracked by misc stuff (e.g Dimensions, Fishing, Crafting, Exploring, Achivements, playing around with builds, Artifact hutning etc etc) and other events and focus purely on leveling and questing and Instant Adventures =)

And also have a fairly good knowledge of an appropriate build and where to place talent points

10+ Year Old Account
    This is going on the assumption that you do not get side tracked by misc stuff (e.g Dimensions, Fishing, Crafting, Exploring, Achivements, playing around with builds, Artifact hutning etc etc) and other events and focus purely on leveling and questing and Instant Adventures =)
    I gave a generous 10 hour discount for not doing this, what are you tryiing to say about my exploring habits?

I explore quickly damnit! *casts another fishing line into the water* >.> ...what?

Nowhere near that long, I'm not to sure what you're doing :P

The fastest I've levelled a character 1-50 is just under 11 hours game play time, doing a quite random mix of questing and instant adventures =)

My analogy translate too: how much time you invest yourself.

Results may vary.

The fastest I've levelled a character 1-50 is just under 11 hours game play time
    No longer possible as a) IAs aren't as full as they were initially, what with the novelty wearing off, more zones to spread through, SL, etc, and b) the 100% XP potions only give XP for kills now, not quests etc as they used to when they first appeared.

I would say that 1-50 is doable in around 30hrs of gameplay with a mix of activities.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    No longer possible as a) IAs aren't as full as they were initially, what with the novelty wearing off, more zones to spread through, SL, etc, and b) the 100% XP potions only give XP for kills now, not quests etc as they used to when they first appeared.

I would say that 1-50 is doable in around 30hrs of gameplay with a mix of activities.
    A guild member of mine known as Irebus, has recently got a Rogue to level 42 in 7 hours and 49 minuites of gameplay, granted he did use his higher level cleric to boost the character on an alternative account. I'll ask him about his methods a bit more tho, later this evening =)

Quote Originally Posted by Spraytwist View Post
    Well, i played the game back in release and leveling took quite long and was some kind of annoying....

however, hows the leveling speed now? Did it got any faster? Any "special" ways to level?
    If you didnt like it then, you will not like it now. RIFT isnt ** pew pew pew DING max level** like some other popular game. Its a GREAT game but it does take some time to level.
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

I've been leveling with hairlooms and through dungeons. I've spend 34 hours to reach level 70!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gronlaender View Post
    I've been leveling with hairlooms and through dungeons. I've spend 34 hours to reach level 70!
    I think you may of accidently not read the sub-forum this has been posted in :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you may of accidently not read the sub-forum this has been posted in :P
    Probably because the weight of all the looms in his hair is causing his brain to not work properly. Have you ever seen a loom? Man they are big. I hope he's ok.

I think, without having someone to boost you and not already having intimate game knowledge, somewhere around 20-60 hours played. 1-5 Weeks of RL time, depending on how much you play. Then 50-60 will be about the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiya View Post
    If you didnt like it then, you will not like it now. RIFT isnt ** pew pew pew DING max level** like some other popular game. Its a GREAT game but it does take some time to level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gronlaender View Post
    Supports my post ^
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Here is the rate:
    1-50 = 40 hours at a casual pace
    50-60 = 40 hours at a casual pace

FASTEST way to level from 50-60 is Hunt Rifts plain and simple. Nothing else in the game even comes close.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does no one else, even the people who love this game, think that the quest experience in this game is worth taking it slow?

I'm sure on my alts I'll blast through everything, but this first character needs to explore the game that they have created because it is magnificent.