Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I really love every starting Pokémon from gen 1. Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle, and all of their evolved forms.

Also really like Mewto, Pokémons first (and probably most) badass serious villain. Team Rocket never was a serious villain :P

Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    And how is that nostalgia? The first example may be a bit extreme but it doesn't have to be nostalgia at all. Let's say someone watched the first two seasons, never played any of the games, and thought the first season was much, much better. Does that HAVE to be nostalgia? Sounds more like the guys on the other side suffer from the opposite of nostalgia, "everything that is new is better by default", and "people who don't like all seasons/game generations like I do are what's wrong because we can't coexist".
    Because people who spout how glorious and creative gen1 is and how shitty gen5 is typically have no experience of any generation since. If you've played all the games and don't like the new ones then no one cares, but if you're going to say "holy fuck gen1 was so much creativer, i mean an ice cream cone...... seriously!?!!!?" or something like that, that's a different story and a nostalgiadrone, which pops up in every thread of this forum that mentions pokemon one way or another. New doesn't mean better just as much as old doesn't.

D: Linking pictures from 4chan should be bannable, as it 90% of the time is incredibly offensive. I don't mind the offensiveness on 4chan, but don't bring it to other forums.
    Just because an image says "fag" in it doesn't make it worthless for anything but 4chan.
    Last edited by Skelington; 2012-12-31 at 07:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Too bad you're missing out on good games, the gameplay has improved greatly since gen 1 which is essentially broken. Also, it never gets over serious or fucked up, I'm not sure what you're reading but it sounds wrong.
    Team Magma wants to make the entire planet into earth, Team Aqua wants to make the entire world into water. Fucked up. There's also some pokémon which I can't remember the name of that supposedly created the entire planet, according to some pokemon wiki. Also, I just re-downloaded an emulator and I'm going to try the newer ones. When I said I prefered Gen 1 to 2-3 I was speaking mainly about the show, not the games. Red/Blue and Silver/Gold aren't that different. Not really enjoying using more than 1 pokemon at a time.

Lot's of people "on the other side" like all gens, we're not bashing gen 1, but as a Pokemon fan, the amount of times you see "GEN 1 IS DA ONLY GUD ONE" is amazing, it's also funny because those same people have never even tried a game past Gen 1 (most of the time) and don't even know what half of the newer Pokemon even look like. Besides the obvious "LOL TRASHBAG/ICE CREAM POKEMON REALLY????? XDDD" It gets old, and we get tired of this shit. Because Gen 1 wasn't perfection when you take an objective look at it, and design wise, a lot of the Pokemon were just real animals copy pasted into the game.
    I didn't say you were bashing gen 1 at all, and I don't care how many times you've seen people act like in your examples because you're taking out your frustration on people who aren't like that. Comparing the games 1-3 I have to say I still think the first 2 gens were better, but I shall try the newer ones soon enough.

Design-wise I really enjoyed that a lot of pokemon were similar to real animals, the completely random and sometimes overly cute stuff from the newer gens rubs me the wrong way. Can't speak for the gameplay. Never really liked the new characters they introduced after season 1 either.

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Because people who spout how glorious and creative gen1 is and how shitty gen5 is typically have no experience of any generation since. If you've played all the games and don't like the new ones then no one cares, but if you're going to say "holy fuck gen1 was so much creativer, i mean an ice cream cone...... seriously!?!!!?" or something like that, that's a different story and a nostalgiadrone, which pops up in every thread of this forum that mentions pokemon one way or another. New doesn't mean better just as much as old doesn't.
    I have no clue what you're on about now. You keep bringing up examples of how people you've encountered act and so far I have seen very few in this thread, nor am I like that. As soon as anyone mentions that they prefer gen 1, not saying it's the best game/season ever or anything, just that they liked it more, EVERYONE jumps on that person claiming that they're what's wrong in this world. Real nice.
    Just because an image says "fag" in it doesn't make it worthless for anything but 4chan.
    Calling people fags for having a different opinion or being nostalgic IS offensive. Coming up with arguements for both sides but misspelling everything for the one they're not on, as if people they don't agree with are less educated, is offensive as well. Things that are offensive shouldn't be allowed. People being rude gets warned/infracted, posting pictures that are offensive should be dealt with similarly, imo. If anyone feels the need to insult people while discussing they should stick to /a/ or /vp/.

I doubt you'll see my point of view though, so I'm out. I'm too off topic, and I've already said which my favorite pokemon is, so there's no reason to linger.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

I have no clue what you're on about now. You keep bringing up examples of how people you've encountered act and so far I have seen very few in this thread, nor am I like that. As soon as anyone mentions that they prefer gen 1, not saying it's the best game/season ever or anything, just that they liked it more, EVERYONE jumps on that person claiming that they're what's wrong in this world. Real nice.

Calling people fags for having a different opinion or being nostalgic IS offensive. Coming up with arguements for both sides but misspelling everything for the one they're not on, as if people they don't agree with are less educated, is offensive as well. Things that are offensive shouldn't be allowed. People being rude gets warned/infracted, posting pictures that are offensive should be dealt with similarly, imo. If anyone feels the need to insult people while discussing they should stick to /a/ or /vp/.

I doubt you'll see my point of view though, so I'm out. I'm too off topic, and I've already said which my favorite pokemon is, so there's no reason to linger.
    If you think it's a problem that people who go on about how creative the first generation is while shitting on every subsequent one are insulted, then you have probably read very few pokemon discussions. It really gets old after the first week, let alone years. They also tend to be the people who talk about how the buggy, imbalanced, poorly desgined R/B/Y that they haven't played in 10 years was the best and how no subsequent one can compare to how glorious its gameplay mechanics are despite having never played them or only playing them for 10 minutes before dropping it because "god, Lucas and Piplup look gay as hell."

And if you don't want relevant things posted because they're "too mean" then make your own image with words spelled right and without fag. No one really cares anymore and the point of it is to show how ignorant the people it is arguing against more than likely are, since pretty much every time such is the case. They google image generation 5, see Garbodor and Vanilluxe as the first two, shit all over the generation for being uncreative, then praise Voltorb and Pidgey for being original.
    Last edited by Skelington; 2012-12-31 at 10:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Each generation has their strong pokemon and their weak pokemon. Gen 1 had really creative and cool pokemon, it also had some shitty ones. Gen 5 had really creative and cool pokemon, it also had some shitty ones. It's very difficult and almost pointless to rate generations in terms of creativity. Post your favorite pokemon, and quit bitching and every else's pokemon. If someone wants to be shrouded by nostalgia, then fucking let them. They're the ones that are missing out.

Deleted
    Salamence

Deleted
    I've never played another Pokemon game than the Blue Edition and Stadium (1) - still I think Rayquaza is the most awesome Pokemon ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Roguezor View Post
    Darkrai (with haunter as a close number 2).... Yeh, I like dark evil looking things hehe

And I have NEVER understood people who liked Gengar more than Haunter.... Gengar looks like a fluffy purple pillow >.<
    True, same here. Haunter is awesome.

Umbreon / Metagross / Scizor

I had a Shiny Scizor, was my favourite >_<
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st

Deleted
    My favourite Pokémon

Mew will always be my favorite

Charizard
    All day
    Every day

Arcanine! I've used him in every team I've had. In fact, my aunt made me this awesome sculpture of him for my birthday in November! It's sitting on my desk right now. It's super awesome and I'm going to show it off some. (;

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    Arcanine! I've used him in every team I've had. In fact, my aunt made me this awesome sculpture of him for my birthday in November! It's sitting on my desk right now. It's super awesome and I'm going to show it off some. (;
    Oh my wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    <3 Jolteon!

Cubone He's adorable And he wears HIS DEAD MOTHERS SKULL, that's metal as fuck.

Deleted
    Togepi, but I dont know if he is playable in any of those games? He is overpowered, so epic fail if they dont use him tbh =)

He was always on my team too and that's just an awesome sculpture.

Deleted

Posted Samurott earlier, I also like this cute bastard a lot.
    There's so many awesome pokemon so I don't really have "the one".

It's super awesome and I'm going to show it off some. (;

http://i.imgur.com/eFma4.jpg
    /jealous
    Last edited by mmoc5b3bf16116; 2013-01-02 at 01:35 PM.