The Aurora World - New MMO for Early 2013

I have just recieved a link in my skype from a friend about a new MMO that is coming early 2013 although it is the first time it is revealed! Its name is Aurora World

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/12...a-world-state/

A new challenger has appeared in the fantasy MMO arena today in the form of GBE Games and Aurora Interactive's newly announced import, The Aurora World. This is the first we've heard of The Aurora World (though it apparently already has a following in China and Korea), so we don't have a ton in the way of information at the moment. We do, however, have some preliminary details and an announcement trailer.

The game's press release, which announces that the game is aiming for an "early 2013" launch, claims that the game will boast eight different professions "with their own unique specializations and master system," plus "an extensive PvE experience with entertaining daily quests, events and crafting" and "a robust PvP system" including 300-player nation wars, clan wars, and a "coliseum mode." There's also mention of "a unique hybrid pet/mount system known as Majinns," though all we know about that is that it exists. If you want to know more about this up-and-coming title, be sure to check out the trailer after the cut and check out the game's official site for some nifty screenshots and a mailing list for further updates.
    And the official trailer

The graphics seem like wow in me, mean cartoonish but the characters seem more Asian - style..
    Last edited by papajohn4; 2012-12-21 at 11:14 AM.
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Deleted
    The graphic seems very bad for being a game comming out in 2013... Also it doesn't seem to bring to much new stuffs to the MMO-scene which makes me think that it'll be an failure really, but it'll be nice to see how it work out. I mean Coliseum-mode seems like arena? And a 300-player nation war seems like WvW from GW2 but thoose two in the same game can be real real nice!

Looks too generic for me to bother giving it a shot.

Also, the class descriptions are kind of annoying. Dark warlock? Brutal warrior?

yes it doesn't seem very promising really but you never know All these games that was promising ended up a disappointment..who knows maybe an unknown/not-hyped game prove better Will see...everything start with the combat, if the combat is responsive and pleasant is a very good start
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

This is a joke right? That's never going to do anything in the Western market.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    The vid game a silkroad feeling to it... we'll have to see if it live to it's standards, right now seems like "another mmo more"
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

I've quite frankly never been a fan of "Asian" games, or themed games for that reason alone I've never played any of the recent MMOs besides WoW. Both GW2 and Tera have a lot of Asian influence. The characters look weird and the combat mechanics remind of the hack and slash games that are involved in all asian games including gigantic weapons.

Yup I said it, I hate Asian themed or Asian games in general.

Deleted
    For me to even consider playing and MMO than WoW it would firstly not look like WoW...

'Ugh' pretty much sums up my reaction after watching the trailer.

Graphics are bad. Game looks generic. Combat looks stiff. Class introduction was terrible.

I'd prefer to have a scientific discussion; but the video really didn't show anything to talk about.

I agree with most of what has been said so far. But I never hope I'm right when I think a game is gonna be generic and boring. Best of luck.

A generic PvP-oriented China-based MMO? Surely you jest...

No, seriously. There are a thousand of these PvP-oriented Asian MMOs out there already. Nearly all of which are poorly designed cash-in games.
    (Still have a bad taste in my mouth from how sloppy and horrible Eden Eternal was...)