Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    You really don't need a 4GB card, save yourself some money, I'd say either of these are good:

MSI 680GTX Twin Frozr II 2GB

GIGABYTE WF3 GTX 680 2GB

I believe this monitor is a little better overall:

Asus VE247H

Good luck with it

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    You really don't need a 4GB card, save yourself some money, I'd say either of these are good:

MSI 680GTX Twin Frozr II 2GB

GIGABYTE WF3 GTX 680 2GB

I believe this monitor is a little better overall:

Asus VE247H

Good luck with it
    Just Switched. Dunno if I will end up switching the video card for one of those, not too much of a price difference.

4gb on the 680 will do absolutely nothing over a 2Gb version. Unless running multi screen there isnt any need for more than 2gb, and nvidia cant really benefit from it.general rule: 3d go nvidia, eyefinity or higher resolutions go amd. If none, go whatever u want. The 3820 will be outperformed by an i5 unless you are an expert clocker. Go with 3570k and a nice overclocking board like maximus v formula, they come bundled with AC3 btw so u can shave 50 dollars off the price unless u already have it

Quote Originally Posted by Lemmiwink View Post
    4gb on the 680 will do absolutely nothing over a 2Gb version. Unless running multi screen there isnt any need for more than 2gb, and nvidia cant really benefit from it.general rule: 3d go nvidia, eyefinity or higher resolutions go amd. If none, go whatever u want. The 3820 will be outperformed by an i5 unless you are an expert clocker. Go with 3570k and a nice overclocking board like maximus v formula, they come bundled with AC3 btw so u can shave 50 dollars off the price unless u already have it
    So I went with;
    CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.99 @ Microcenter)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP4 TH ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($174.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Seems like what everyone has been suggesting, Lemme know if something else would suite me better.
    Also, are there any specific Video Cards you would suggest?
    I am using a single Monitor: Asus VE247H 23.6" Monitor ($154.99 @ NCIX US)

Quote Originally Posted by Nuex View Post
    Edited my choice in a few parts based on a couple opinions;

CPU: Intel Core i7-3820 3.6GHz Quad-Core Processor ($229.99
    CPU Cooler: Corsair H80 92.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($89.99)
    Motherboard: ASRock X79 Extreme6 ATX LGA2011 Motherboard ($194.99)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($75.99)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($90.99
    Storage: OCZ Vertex 3 256GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($199.99)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 680 4GB Video Card ($529.99)
    Case: Corsair 400R ATX Mid Tower Case ($79.99
    Power Supply: SeaSonic X Series 850W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($139.99)
    Optical Drive: Asus BC-12B1ST/BLK/B/AS Blu-Ray Reader, DVD/CD Writer ($56.23)
    Monitor: Acer G245HQLbd 60Hz 23.6" Monitor ($129.99)
    Monitor: Acer G245HQLbd 60Hz 23.6" Monitor ($129.99)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98)
    Total: $2038.10
    Cpu cooler is completely overkill as you don't intend to overclock (would get a cheaper one from coolermaster.com for $20
    The I7 is also complete overkill but you are getting it for a good price so go for it.
    Never had much luck with ASRock motherboards and would go for asus myself.

Everything else is good to go but if I were you I would get a single big monitor and use an old monitor for a secondary if needed until I had an extra $300 to spend on a big screen LED TV to use as my secondary monitor (chances are it would quickly become your primary monitor for most applications.)

Besides youtube/pron on a 40+ inch Tv is well yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by skrump View Post
    Cpu cooler is completely overkill as you don't intend to overclock (would get a cheaper one from coolermaster.com for $20
    The I7 is also complete overkill but you are getting it for a good price so go for it.
    Never had much luck with ASRock motherboards and would go for asus myself.

Everything else is good to go but if I were you I would get a single big monitor and use an old monitor for a secondary if needed until I had an extra $300 to spend on a big screen LED TV to use as my secondary monitor (chances are it would quickly become your primary monitor for most applications.)

Besides youtube/pron on a 40+ inch Tv is well yeah.
    There has been changes since that post. The CPU, Motherboard, CPU Cooler, and Monitor have all been changed.

Asus, gigabyte and msi all have brilliant coolers for the gtx680. Choose whatever is cheapest/best looking

So I should definitely stick with a gtx680?
    If u got the budget sure. Great card. If u r on a budget and think it's a bit expensive a 7970 willcrush the 680 in value for money. Also the 7970 will run 3 screens without sweat and comes with 3gb vram and is better at aa. Normal resolution a 680 will beat it marginally, but it's not by much. also,many programs run smoother with nvidia due to cuda.

Point: difference is minimal on performance but big on price. In the end though it all comes down to what you want. You won't make a huge mistake going with either card. Hope that clarifies.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemmiwink View Post
    If u got the budget sure. Great card. If u r on a budget and think it's a bit expensive a 7970 willcrush the 680 in value for money. Also the 7970 will run 3 screens without sweat and comes with 3gb vram and is better at aa. Normal resolution a 680 will beat it marginally, but it's not by much. also,many programs run smoother with nvidia due to cuda.

Point: difference is minimal on performance but big on price. In the end though it all comes down to what you want. You won't make a huge mistake going with either card. Hope that clarifies.
    I am trying to look for a new video card, and well, thats not that easy for me, lol.
    So I snagged
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 680 2GB Video Card ($449.99 @ Newegg)
    Good? or is there another I should go for.
    Single, 24" Monitor, great picture.. its all i ask for lol.

I am trying to look for a new video card, and well, thats not that easy for me, lol.
    So I snagged
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 680 2GB Video Card ($449.99 @ Newegg)
    Good? or is there another I should go for.
    Single, 24" Monitor, great picture.. its all i ask for lol.
    It has a reference cooler so less quiet and hotter. Heat and noise not a big issue for the 680 though so I guess its ok, I would get one of the better coolers though. My favourite would be asus, gigabyte or msi.

So I found these 2, which would you suggest?
    1) Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 680 2GB Video Card ($449.99 @ Newegg)
    2) Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 680 2GB Video Card ($457.86 @ Newegg)
    Still WTB opinion.

Deleted
    You mean like the two I linked you and said either is fine?

I'm serious though, there are no major differences performance wise. Read the reviews/comments and pick the cheapest or the one you prefer.

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    You mean like the two I linked you and said either is fine?

I'm serious though, there are no major differences performance wise. Read the reviews/comments and pick the cheapest or the one you prefer.
    Lol, well they all are literally just about the same price. Haha.