Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Patch 5.2 : New legendaries . Discussion .

About new legendaries . Have you got any sort of desires or maybe preferences ?

Let's suppose that you can choose new legendary enchant for 5.2 . I wonder : What would you choose for your class ?

Share with forum some of your guesses and preferences please .

Deleted
    Like the staff from 4.2. As a Sp i found the proc insane when it happened on Mind blast giving us two orbs, but only if they fixed the problem you have when it procced on Mind spike and deleted our dots.

Otherwise, a proc that would give us an orb would be ideal. We currently lack a good synergy with gear/resource generation.

On my lock another spell proc would be awesome <3

Deleted
    I want the spear of the thunder king, thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure, let's go with a Legendary Enchant. Going with the Sha themes, let's weaponize the bastards after all.
    These enchants require a Sha-Touched Weapon.

Invocation of Fear (PVP Enchant - Healer)
    Your non-targeted healing spells and effects have a chance to make all nearby enemies run in fear for up to 5 seconds. This effect is off the diminishing returns list. (AOE fear proc, melee range)

Reign of Violence (PVP Enchant - Caster)
    Damage done by you has a chance to accumulate around the target, only to violently explode for 110% of the damage done the next time another one of your offensive spells crits. Does not trigger on targets below 20%. Stacks 2 times, lasts 10 seconds.

Gnawing of Doubt (PVP Enchant - PhysDPS)
    Your succesful attacks have a chance to make your target wander aimlessly in doubt for up to 1.5 seconds. (Disorientation Effect)

Touch of Despair (PVE Enchant - Healer)
    Every time you heal a target that's below 50% HP, you grow more desperate, increasing your haste by 10%. Stacks up to 5 times, lasts 20 seconds or until you heal a target above 50%.

Surge of Hatred (PVE Enchant - Tank)
    You have a chance when getting hit/blocking/parrying/dodging to surge with hatred, granting you 25% damage reduction for 10 seconds and tripling your Vengeance for your next special attack.

Infusion of Anger (PVE Enchant - DPS)
    Each succesful special attack or spellcast has a chance to grant you a Mote of Anger. When reaching 5 motes, you duplicate your next spellcast / special attack, consuming the motes.
    Last edited by Chonar; 2012-12-21 at 02:16 PM.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Sure, let's go with a Legendary Enchant. Going with the Sha themes, let's weaponize the bastards after all.

Your non-targeted healing spells and effects have a chance to make all nearby enemies run in fear for up to 5 seconds. (AOE fear proc, melee range)

Damage done by you has a chance to accumulate around the target, only to violently explode for 110% of the damage done the next time another one of your offensive spells crits. Does not trigger on targets below 20%. Stacks 2 times, lasts 10 seconds.

Your succesful attacks have a chance to make your target wander aimlessly in doubt for up to 1.5 seconds. (Disorientation Effect)

Every time you heal a target that's below 50% HP, you grow more desperate, increasing your haste by 10%. Stacks up to 5 times, lasts 20 seconds or until you heal a target above 50%.

You have a chance when getting hit/blocking/parrying/dodging to surge with hatred, doubling your armor rating and tripling your Vengeance for 10 seconds.

Each succesful attack or spellcast has a chance to grant you a Mote of Anger. When reaching 5 motes, you attack one extra time with your mainhand/duplicate your last spellcast.
    These are cool. The only thing I would add to "Infusion of Anger" is instead of for melee getting an extra white swing, let's have just follow the same spirit of the spellcaster one and have it duplicate your next yellow attack. The only reason I would say that is because an extra white swing as a proc is really boring. Take it from a warrior, who's Arms mastery is pretty much this already. It's not very interesting at all.

But a duplicate yellow attack would be more interesting, for sure.

Great ideas, though!

Deleted

Your non-targeted healing spells and effects have a chance to make all nearby enemies run in fear for up to 5 seconds. This effect is off the diminishing returns list. (AOE fear proc, melee range)

You have a chance when getting hit/blocking/parrying/dodging to surge with hatred, doubling your armor rating and tripling your Vengeance for 10 seconds.

Each succesful attack or spellcast has a chance to grant you a Mote of Anger. When reaching 5 motes, you attack one extra time with your mainhand/duplicate your last spellcast.
    I think that tripling Vengeance would be far to overpowered, and I think pvp enchants will never happen. PVE for PVP upgrades? No thank you.

And if there was PVP enchants, the CC's would also be overpowered
    Last edited by mmoc4a0dcbcf82; 2012-12-21 at 02:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redlikemyrage View Post
    These are cool. The only thing I would add to "Infusion of Anger" is instead of for melee getting an extra white swing, let's have just follow the same spirit of the spellcaster one and have it duplicate your next yellow attack. The only reason I would say that is because an extra white swing as a proc is really boring. Take it from a warrior, who's Arms mastery is pretty much this already. It's not very interesting at all.

But a duplicate yellow attack would be more interesting, for sure.

Great ideas, though!
    Yeah for sure, especially when this could potentially proc something like Chaos Bolt or Pyro. That would do tremendously more damage than a pitiful white swing.

Also, Triple Vengeance? Do you realize how much attack power that would be? Like, hundreds of thousands. It would be ridiculous. As a level 88 Prot Warrior, my Execute already crits for over 100k on bosses in 5 mans ... lol. This would be like... Boss hits 20%... Warrior Tank pops all cool downs and skull banner... 1hit KO.
    Roboctopus of STAY MAD - Sargeras
    http://staymad.enjin.com/

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool ideas Chonar, and I REALLY like the idea of Legendary Enchants, fits quite well with the whole "Lets pimp out the Sha Touched Weapons" thing. So in the first stage we get a Gem, second stage we empower the gem, third stage we get an enchant and a new Gem (600 stat), forth stage we empower the enchant, then the final stage we empower the weapon, turning it into a legendary.

As a PvE tank though, not sure about your tank enchant, double armor for a Brewmaster would be... frak all and while Triple Vengeance sounds hi-freakin-larious (I'm already getting 500k+crits, 1mil damage FTW!) I think a Damage Reduction proc would be better.

Something like:

Surge of Hated: Every time you parry/dodge/block/totally absorb an attack you have a chance to gain a Surge of Hatred, lowering all damage you take by 1% stacking up to 10 times, if you drop below 25% health these explode into "Shield of Beligerance" healing you for 10% of your health and lowering all damage taken by 20% for 10 seconds. This effect has a 45 second CD and while on cooldown you cannot gain stacks.

Also.... I'd kinda like some NEW Sha Touched weapons, mostly because this tier is coming to an end and I STILL haven't got a frakkin Claw of Shek'Zeer to drop and I don't feel like using that staff forever, so maybe the next tier will have a new set of Sha Touched weapons, with a Troll/Mogu theme?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Tweak the numbers as you see fit. :P Agreeing with the vengeance / white swing = yellow attack though, edited.

Quote Originally Posted by orrelicious View Post
    PVE for PVP upgrades? No thank you.
    Where've you been the last 8 years? PVPers always crosspollinated my raids so they could have higher high-end damage on their poking sticks.
    Last edited by Chonar; 2012-12-21 at 02:14 PM.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

I really like these. I'm hoping that the legendary continues to be the sha touched that you build apon as the expansion unfolds. I don't mind it being predefined upgrades but I'd prefer customization. Pick your gem, enchant, maybe a cosmetic modification. Something that really is personalized to you

10+ Year Old Account
    I am thinking it's far more likely that we will just see our current Legendaries expand in power, similar to the staff in Firelands.

However, class specific weapon enchants would be a great thing so long as they actually did something other than "you do more dps".

One example;

Death Knight - The Eternal Swarm: When you kill an enemy unit or player in combat, they are reborn as Gargoyles that assist you in combat for 30 seconds. Additionally, members of your party or raid that are slain in combat will automatically be reborn as Ghouls that can aid you for 1 minute before returning to the grave in an explosion of gore.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeonde View Post
    Yeah for sure, especially when this could potentially proc something like Chaos Bolt or Pyro. That would do tremendously more damage than a pitiful white swing.

Also, Triple Vengeance? Do you realize how much attack power that would be? Like, hundreds of thousands. It would be ridiculous. As a level 88 Prot Warrior, my Execute already crits for over 100k on bosses in 5 mans ... lol. This would be like... Boss hits 20%... Warrior Tank pops all cool downs and skull banner... 1hit KO.
    Except Execute was changed in 5.1:
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Execute damage with high amounts of Vengeance is now capped at the Warrior's maximum health to prevent it from reaching excessive numbers.
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...es-november-8/ (near the bottom of the page)

As for the PvP/PvE suggestions, I don't think they'll use those kind of PvP enchants, would bring back the random CC (stunherald comes to mind)
    The PvE ones seem nice, though.
    FFXIV: Rintha Elenah | WoW: Rinth | GW2: Reno Turan

I doubt it. I think the last part in the Wrathion questline will make your weapon into a legendary one. Then people will complain about too much legendaries and we'll see no more of them again. :/

I think we need an iLvl upgrade in addition to the rest if Blizz intends for us to keep the weapons.

10+ Year Old Account

You have a chance when getting hit/blocking/parrying/dodging to surge with hatred, granting you 25% damage reduction for 10 seconds and tripling your Vengeance for your next special attack.

Each succesful special attack or spellcast has a chance to grant you a Mote of Anger. When reaching 5 motes, you duplicate your next spellcast / special attack, consuming the motes.

I really like this legendary enchant idea you thought of. I wouldn't mind this at all but I do see people whine and complain about not having a legendary weapon for this. Legendary weapon should come out when we face Garrosh. Just have everything leading up to make this legendary truly amazing and hard to get.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spellweaver View Post
    Except Execute was changed in 5.1:
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Execute damage with high amounts of Vengeance is now capped at the Warrior's maximum health to prevent it from reaching excessive numbers.
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...es-november-8/ (near the bottom of the page)
    Totally missed that one. Probably because I didn't start playing my Warrior til two weeks ago. Well damn! Haha.
    Roboctopus of STAY MAD - Sargeras
    http://staymad.enjin.com/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ijoemomma View Post
    I really like these. I'm hoping that the legendary continues to be the sha touched that you build apon as the expansion unfolds. I don't mind it being predefined upgrades but I'd prefer customization. Pick your gem, enchant, maybe a cosmetic modification. Something that really is personalized to you
    This!!

We survived numerous and deadly adventures, I think we are legendary enough to create our own legendary weapon to our liking ...

I love the idea that during the expansion we can build our own custom legendary weapon. The legendary enchantments are a very good idea. Sirs, you should be immediately hired by Blizzard!

Quote Originally Posted by Xeonde View Post

Execute damage is already capped at the warriors maximum hp so that is a non issue.

Honestly, I just want something as simple as Rune of the Fallen Crusader. A chance to proc +20% of your main stat and often enough to completely beat out Dancing Steel/Jade Serpent. Give it a nice weapon effect and a flashy activation effect and we're golden.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

The 5.2 Upgrade will likely be merely a stat upgrade, else those Sha-touched Weapons will be switched for Weapons from the 5.2 Raid.