I'm about to turn 90. Is pvp a good idea?

Hey guys, I'm about to turn 90 with my human priest as shadow/disc. I have 4000jp/4000honor to spend and I wanna get into arenas with my mage and rogue friends. Take in mind that im 2k+ exp. I don't have the time to push it pass 2k since i'm a professional engineer and I want to keep my social life up so I gave up on serious gaming, if you know what I mean.

Here are my questions :

1) Which spec should I play (have more fun with it) ? We talked about RPM but I read that disc is in a terrible state now and I have no gear so far..
    2) Is 3 dps viable in arenas or should I play 2dps in 2s.
    3) How much time do you think It takes to get a decent set of gear to do arenas ?
    4) How are the low bracket pvp? Still 1 shot macro hunter/warrior wrecking the place ?

thanks for your time!

Not to be a downer but you are so far behind this season, its probably not worth it but to farm honor then wait till start of next season.
    Also spriest being the usual train target of mele cleaves which are abundant in 3's atm you will hate your life.

The gear discrepancy is insane this season from honor to 2/2 upgraded Malev.

Quote Originally Posted by bransby09 View Post
    Not to be a downer but you are so far behind this season, its probably not worth it but to farm honor then wait till start of next season.
    Also spriest being the usual train target of mele cleaves which are abundant in 3's atm you will hate your life.

The gear discrepancy is insane this season from honor to 2/2 upgraded Malev.
    SO you're saying that I should keep my point and wait 3 month ? I don't get it..
    And about the gear, It cost conquest to buy the best gear and then the same amount of conquest to upgrade it right ?

well, Lordpete said, he rather play for fun not high rating so its matters not as much if the gear is lacking.
    Whats not to get here? you are too far behind in pvp gear progression and will never keep up this season, period. This season is different to others as pvp gear is allpowerful and pve gear means almost nothing, exception below:

HOWEVER, if you want to have fun before the season ends, better play disc. The disc was in a more terrible state before 5.1 and can do wonders in 5's. I think currently 5vs5 bracket is the most balanced one, and 3vs3 is for the fotm burst rerollers.

While shadow is currently very strong its a dd spec and you lack maybe enough conqueror points to buy the t1 weapon that has upgraded over 5k pvp power. Healers do not need pvp power as much as dds. You can get away with an int, willpower and a secondary stat.(i play rdruid and a dk currently the dk is top geared, the rdruid in blue, and mastery is the most important stat for the rdruid for example no idea whats important for disc here as 2nd stat)

anyways my undergeared healer has no problem whatsoever in low brackets and lacks t1. You can easily get away with a pve weapon and darkmoon card trinket as a healer. Actually they usea darkmoon healer trinket in high rated for healers anyways. But as a dd your dmg as well as your def will be gimped, without t1, even if you use a hc raid weapon.

Go disc or go home. :P

edit: my advise, and i mean it serious is, better play a dd spec in the next season, you will get a t1 weapon with enough pvp power for honor and its much easier to do pressure and kills then. My dk has fully upgraded t2 and probably 2-3 shots priests, right now, and i mean those that got resilence capped.
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2012-12-21 at 06:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well you are going to have to honor grind in bgs to get decent gear, which will be very painful for a while as most people are geared at this point. The best comp for you is going to be spriest/frost mage/healer. Since you aren't looking for a high rating I don't think you will have much issue from then on. Just be aware that melee cleave comps are very popular right now and Spriests have pretty much always been a melee class's target of choice so you may not enjoy it much if you don't have a good frost mage to peel for you. This Tuesday-Thurs the CTA is going to be IoC. Then AV is the CTA Friday-Monday. 40 man bgs are great for honor farming as they generally award more and being undergeared doesn't effect your team as much as it would a 10man bg.