Question Dual Boxing UI - Help please!

Hello MMO-champs,

Well, as you guys have probably seen, the battle chest is 5 dollars (CA$) again. Therefore, I began "RAF'ing" with myself (dual boxing), but I need the right setup, because, right now, I'm constantly alt tabbing back and fourth to complete quests. I would love to know if there was a way that I could complete quests on my slave without alt tabbing all the time. I usually just put the slave on follow and do quests, but quests where you need to pick up items are beginning to be a pain in the ass.

Regards,
    Kitac

Your best bet is to google "wow multi boxing" since i think there is (non blizzard) software that helps with those situations.

There is an addon called 'Hydra' on WoWInterface that is supposed to help with some aspects of multiboxing.

I haven't had any need to use it myself so I'm not entirely sure how useful it is, but it may be worth a look.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitac View Post
    Hello MMO-champs,

Well, as you guys have probably seen, the battle chest is 5 dollars (CA$) again. Therefore, I began "RAF'ing" with myself (dual boxing), but I need the right setup, because, right now, I'm constantly alt tabbing back and fourth to complete quests. I would love to know if there was a way that I could complete quests on my slave without alt tabbing all the time. I usually just put the slave on follow and do quests, but quests where you need to pick up items are beginning to be a pain in the ass.

Regards,
    Kitac
    Sorry to give you bad news but theres no addon nor any program(under or out of the ToS) that can help you in this issue.

Its a design decision of Blizzard,theres no command to loot and since you cant multiplex mouse clicks Im afraid youre just gonna have to keep alt tabbing to pick up quest items.

On the other side the XP progression right now (with RAF and/or heirlooms even more) is so high my best advice here is: dont do them,skip quests than involves picking items or looting quest items.This is easier in the lower lewels...from Wrath and beyond the questing is so linear you need to do some quest to get more and then...patience.

Quote Originally Posted by Primi View Post
    Sorry to give you bad news but theres no addon nor any program(under or out of the ToS) that can help you in this issue.

Its a design decision of Blizzard,theres no command to loot and since you cant multiplex mouse clicks Im afraid youre just gonna have to keep alt tabbing to pick up quest items.

On the other side the XP progression right now (with RAF and/or heirlooms even more) is so high my best advice here is: dont do them,skip quests than involves picking items or looting quest items.This is easier in the lower lewels...from Wrath and beyond the questing is so linear you need to do some quest to get more and then...patience.
    not true - I can loot with my slaves using keybindings + standard wow interface commands.
    I'm not in front of my home computer right now, so bear [roar!] with me.
    My 'G' key activates a macro on my slave that basically has 'target focustarget' in it, so my slaves can always target whatever my main is targeting. [My slaves always have my main set as the focus] I then have 'interact with target' bound on my slaves, which make them loot the mobs that they have targeted. The 'interact with target' is a standard keybind in the WoW keybinding section.

This is my second day multiboxing... and I'm loving it

10+ Year Old Account
    You want Jamba. There is no alternative to it, really.