15+ Year Old Account

With the new changes... Worth coming back?

I got D3 with Annual Pass, because some technical issues with billing it didnt transfer my money so I got my AP cancelled and didnt actually miss D3 at all.

I've seen there's been many changes. What I got mostly tired of, was that as a melee you got insta killed by the elites, and you had to use endless amount of cash to be able to even progress.

Is it still the same, or has it improved greatly?

MUCH better than before. Drop rates increased drastically and good gear is now really cheap, and on top of that, they nerfed the living fuck out of Inferno to the point where you could probably clear it in full blues. However, they implemented Monster Power (which is the same basic concept of the "Players 8" thing from Diablo 2) for higher scaling difficulty.

I too stopped playing sometime in August, then started playing again in late October and it was like a breath of fresh air. You can literally just pop $5 into the RMAH and buy ~13 million gold, and easily reach 90k+ dps with any class.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    I too stopped playing sometime in August, then started playing again in late October and it was like a breath of fresh air. You can literally just pop $5 into the RMAH and buy ~13 million gold, and easily reach 90k+ dps with any class.
    Doesn't look like there is much else to do after that. Or am I wrong?

P.S. I always liked Diablo for brainless grind when I felt like turning off my brain. And all that simply for something to improve my character. If you can buy it so easily, what is the reason to play?
    And yes, I understand I can always choose to not to buy that kind of gear, but the fact that I choose simply spending 5 bucks instead grinding for hours is very distracting. It would be much better without that option, wouldn't it?
    Last edited by mmoc0d4c606099; 2012-12-21 at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Enly View Post
    Farm items? Farm paragon levels? Farm ubers? Diablo 3 is a farming game. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

P.S. I always liked Diablo for brainless grind when I felt like turning off my brain. And all that simply for something to improve my character. If you can buy it so easily, what is the reason to play?
    And yes, I understand I can always choose to not to buy that kind of gear, but the fact that I choose simply spending 5 bucks instead grinding for hours is very distracting. It would be much better without that option, wouldn't it?
    Its cheap to get a foothold on farming/higher mp levels but very far from cheap to get BiS gear. In other words, you won't be solely buying your way to the best gear unless you have wayyyyy too much expendable income. You'll either find drops to improve upon or, more likely, you'll find drops to sell in the AH in order to buy better gear.

Pretty much ... also something as simple as soulbinding equip would negate big chung of the stat inflation. As it is gear in the game has no value at all. That being said maybe you can go for all the achievs. Ignore the gear grind and focus on that.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

15+ Year Old Account
    I am redownloading Diablo 3. I downloaded some of it on another computer, went home.. Installed the exe client, and then moved all my downloaded files to the folder.It detects what I've downloaded, but the bar shows nothing, as it normally would..

http://imageshack.dk/imagesfree/Muy70882.jpg Will this !@#$ up my download? I can max download at 240 kb/sec, so would be sad to download the whole game just to find out.Also, even though it says its playable, then I click play it says I need to get some patch. So I guess I wont be able to play it anyways, until I have downloaded the WHOLE game?
    Last edited by Phurox; 2012-12-23 at 02:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is more fun if you can play it with friends. Currently, I'm trying out hardcore mode. There is nothing like feeling the adrenline pumping and challenge of not getting yourself killed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Anyone got a fix for this? It says I can play the game, but I can't.

I havent completed the download, but it says its possible to play. But when I try it says patch required.

Would I have to download the whole game?