Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Well this is the one they said would be like Ulduar! cant wait

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    It's a mixed bag.

I felt like Sinestra cheapened Cho'gall beyond belief, whereas Algalon only enhanced Yogg-Saron.

Gameplay wise, I'd be all for it. But done incorrectly, it runs the risk of shitting on the lore and turning the Mogu (who equalled the Mantid in power - even when controlled by the Sha) into a secondary.
    I didn't care much for Sinestra because it felt like she came out of nowhere. Maybe with a bit of build-up or something that complements Thunder King well it could be a good addition.

I just want more bosses, even if I'll probably never face a Heroic-only end-game boss during current content Q.Q

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wowalixi View Post
    I didn't care much for Sinestra because it felt like she came out of nowhere. Maybe with a bit of build-up or something that complements Thunder King well it could be a good addition.

I just want more bosses, even if I'll probably never face a Heroic-only end-game boss during current content Q.Q
    I wouldn't mind some final boss being some massive Titan Construct that Lei Shen has been hiding - as I said, he was draining power from Elegon to power the Will of the Emperor, so done right, it'll be great. But another Sha...blegh. It reeks of "LEL OLD GODS DID IT AGAIN"

10+ Year Old Account
    Chinese checker boss..like chess on karazhan

Quote Originally Posted by yunito View Post
    Chinese checker boss..like chess on karazhan
    That would be Go. Since Go is more like a chinese chess. They have entire buildings dedicated to just playing Go.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go_%28game%29

Plus with the concpet of Life and Death, Capture, Kill, thats pretty Mogu sounding to me.
    Last edited by Cernunnos; 2012-12-21 at 05:42 PM.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    That would be Go. Since Go is more like a chinese chess. They have entire buildings dedicated to just playing Go.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go_%28game%29
    If they have a boss like this my guild will wipe every week because I always lost in that game.

Deleted
    Rastakhan!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    It's a mixed bag.

I felt like Sinestra cheapened Cho'gall beyond belief, whereas Algalon only enhanced Yogg-Saron - given that his influence was so heavy, simply defeating him wasn't even enough.

Gameplay wise, I'd be all for it. But done incorrectly, it runs the risk of shitting on the lore and turning the Mogu (who equalled the Mantid in power - even when controlled by the Sha) into a secondary.
    I agree to a degree... it shouldn't be a man-behind-the-man deal. Something like activating a titan artifact as a final act of spite or revenge, on the other hand...

One of my favorite dungeon encounters is the escape from the Lich King in the 3rd ICC dungeon (whose name escapes me at the moment. Dis pear, so delicious!). Anyhow, I'd love to see a gauntlet encounter where we run down a corridor, bursting down barriers trying to get to and destroy a mogu terracotta-army-making machine while the machine summons up waves of adds to close in behind us.

I'm also interested in the 7th Sha.

We've only seen one version of Pandaren history - the Pandaren were always oppressed slaves of the Mogu, and in their version when the Pandaren rose up against the Mogu, they all revolted. There were no traitors or overseers or collaborators. But that doesn't seem entirely probable to me. It would be interesting to see a Panda boss, someone to show that the whole race isn't entirely sweetness and light. It would make them more relatable to me, more human, if that makes sense.

I suspect we'll see some Sauroks and Yaungol bosses too. They were Mogu followers.

---------- Post added 2012-12-21 at 06:07 PM ----------

I'm also hoping that there will be optional, skippable bosses, and that there will be wings that we can do in any order. I would love to have been able to choose, say, between progressing on Garalon, Mel'jarak and Amber-shaper but you'd have to kill all 3 to get to the Empress. Obviously they couldn't do that because of the way that they chose to implement LFR, but it'd be nice even just to have an either/or, like we did with Zon'ozz and Yor'sahj.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninotchka View Post

I'm also hoping that there will be optional, skippable bosses, and that there will be wings that we can do in any order. I would love to have been able to choose, say, between progressing on Garalon, Mel'jarak and Amber-shaper but you'd have to kill all 3 to get to the Empress. Obviously they couldn't do that because of the way that they chose to implement LFR, but it'd be nice even just to have an either/or, like we did with Zon'ozz and Yor'sahj.
    Oh man do I ever agree with optional progression. The days of BC were the best, where you'd usually progress 2/6 SSC then go do 3/4 TK, then start working on the rest of SSC. It kept things fresh and unique.

But don't forget that new guilds coming into this tier that didn't start right away have some options. You can progress through 4/6 MSV then go do 2/6 HoF and then kill Elegon / Will and then back to HoF.

Hakaar as a heroic only boss om nom nom nom.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninotchka View Post
    I suspect we'll see some Sauroks and Yaungol bosses too. They were Mogu followers.[COLOR="red"]
    Saurok...I don't know. They WERE allies with the Mogu, but during the reign of Emperor Dojan I, they were caught pillaging and stealing stuff from Mogu they were supposed to be watching. That's where the downfall of the Mogu Empire began - Dojan and Dojan II were so obsessed with wiping out the Saurok they sent in thousands and thousands of Mogu to die in Krasarang. Eventually the Saurok assassinated Dojan II and the Mogu have been scrapped together since.

Some massive Saurok progenitor, perhaps - maybe even a Saurok wing where they've broken into the temple. Should be interesting.

I fully expect Shan Bu to appear as a boss.

(He is the guy in the storm at Shan'ze Dao who lead the attack on Niuzao in the final Shadow Pan quest. He was powerful enough to single-handedly overpower Niuzao)

The peeps I'd like or hope to see in some way in 5.2 are:

Thunder King, confirmed to show up
    Zul, the Zandalari prophet guy
    King Rastakhan, I really wanna see the "king" of the trolls
    Gara'jal, since apparently he survived in MSV
    Maybe something titan or sha'ish
    and Hakkar, since I can't think of anywhere else for him to show up than a troll related raid/etc and I'm thinking that maybe we might finally deal with the trolls for good this time.

But who knows, might just beat some of the trolls and then the Zandalari will do their last stand in the next expansion or something. As much as I like trolls though, I feel it needs to come to an end soon after ZG raid, ZA raid, Zul'drak, Zandalari patch, and now Zandalari/Mogu. The trolls've had a part of each expansion and I think we can cool it down by now, especially with Vol'jin getting some love in general. But if Blizz wanna keep making troll stuff then that's cool, don't mind it at all.

Anyway, the topic, while writing I thought of maybe another council fight, since the trolls got several tribes now. Gurubashi, Amani, Daakari, Farraki and Zandalari. Surely they could make some crazy council fight. Gonna be nice in January. =)

15+ Year Old Account
    Alot of vehicle bosses or kael'thas since magistrate terrace was merely a set back.

/ trollface
    Last edited by cyqu; 2012-12-21 at 06:50 PM.

Saurok...I don't know. They WERE allies with the Mogu, but during the reign of Emperor Dojan I, they were caught pillaging and stealing stuff from Mogu they were supposed to be watching. That's where the downfall of the Mogu Empire began - Dojan and Dojan II were so obsessed with wiping out the Saurok they sent in thousands and thousands of Mogu to die in Krasarang. Eventually the Saurok assassinated Dojan II and the Mogu have been scrapped together since.
    Sure, the Saurok were enemies of Dojan, but the Thunder King lived before then. Entirely possible that he'll bring back his own contemporary Saurok.

If the Saurok are lizard-men, would their ancestors be.... dinosaur-men?

The most terrifying and unexpected boss will of course be the Ancestral Grummle.

A mogu wing: Mogu, Korune and constructs
    A troll wing: Rastakhan, Zul, Frost King Malaak
    A saurok wing
    Final wing with Thunder King

Something like M'uru. Also something like the 2 angels in ToC, where you have to get stacks of damage (white orbs black orbs) - just something along those lines..

10+ Year Old Account
    The screen shot has a very asian style Ulduar look, I'd be down for another instance like that. The very linear approach to the first 3 instances is getting old. Would like to have some freedom in boss kill order like Cata often did.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every raid needs a harem wing