Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcor View Post
    Bullshit, Trolls are in every god-damn tier in this game. They just...every fucking tier there is at least ONE troll

So sick of god damn trolls
    You know what its worst? demons, we have a expansion full of demons, but they appear in every expansion, vainilla, bc, wotlk, cataclysm and mop. This is so boring and sick, demons are lame

Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    Who is that...
    i don't even know, but all the achievements says: defeat %bossname% on heroic difficulty and only Ra-den achievement says: defeat Ra-den (without any heroic).

I've done some digging and have found some of the actual bosses and what they are in the new Throne of Thunder raid:

1. Jin'rokh the Breaker: If you remember, he was the dire troll that you use to turn in your Zandalari tokens into.
    2. Horridon: An armored Triceratops.
    3. Zandalari Council: Pretty self explanatory... a council of trolls.
    4. Tortos: An armored Turtle.
    5. Megaera: A hydra. (you can see his model, the red snake, on the front page)
    6. Ji-Kun: An armored flying bird-dragon thingy.
    7. Durumu: A giant Beholder (Big warlock eyeball pet).
    8. Primordius: A Saurok.
    9. Dark Animus: A gold construct thingy.
    10. Iron Qon: A Mogu.
    11: Twin Consorts: Two female Mogu's, representing the Sun and Moon.
    12: Le Shen: Thunder Mogu guy. Yeah..
    13: Ra-den: No info on this guy, other than he is the heroic-only boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baneador View Post
    You know what its worst? demons, we have a expansion full of demons, but they appear in every expansion, vainilla, bc, wotlk, cataclysm and mop. This is so boring and sick, demons are lame
    Enough with the humanoids, am I right?

Quote Originally Posted by Ahraa View Post
    I hope everyone gets the irony that blizzard made a heroic only boss in a thunder raid a guy named
    Ra-den.

You know the guy from mortal combat with the hat and the lightning. OHHO! well played blizzard.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raiden_(Mortal_Kombat)

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    I hope everyone gets the irony that blizzard made a heroic only boss in a thunder raid a guy named
    Ra-den.

You know the guy from mortal combat with the hat and the lightning. OHHO! well played blizzard.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raiden_(Mortal_Kombat)
    It's more likely that the Blizzard boss, the Raiden from Mortal Kombat and countless other Raidens/Raijins (Final Fantasy, Metal Gear, etc.) are based on the original one, from Japanese mythology:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raijin
    Yak. Yak never changes.

Except the boss is called Ra-den and a more familiar pop culture reference would be mortal combat but. ok

Still we can expect a lightning beast/mogu/demon/troll? with lighitning and a funny hat. It may even be the red mogu? unless that's nalak.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've done some digging and have found some of the actual bosses and what they are in the new Throne of Thunder raid:

1. Jin'rokh the Breaker: If you remember, he was the dire troll that you use to turn in your Zandalari tokens into.

Anyone else disappointed we didn't get a Gara'jal/Feng fighting over the same body fight

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulljin View Post
    A Boss who is a pun to Cole MacGrath from InFamous would be nice.
    I would face to palm so hard if that happened. Blizzard has done far too much out of game referencing. It was funny and cool in vanilla and even TBC. But by Cata it was old and annoying.

I don't really have any hopes for this raid when it comes to what bosses we'll fight. As I said before I find this tier of raiding already to be the least interesting when it comes to lore purposes. Not bashing this tier for quality though so don't get me wrong, I think it's a solid tier. I just find the mogu and mantid to be boring and the sha are extremely boring. I might find the Mogu more interesting if they all didn't look the same. Every Mogu is a clone of another and their only pet/ally are Quillen. I guess I just miss traditional Warcraft figures such as Dragons, Elementals, Demons, and the Undead.

I do like the idea of Trolls coming back though for this raid. We still haven't had an entirely troll raid yet which I would love to see. I guess you can say we did if you count ZG and ZA, but they weren't end game raids. I do have high hopes for the final raid of MoP though with us fighting Garrosh.

I think contentwise though it will be awesome to have another heroic only boss. Algalon and Sinestra were great. I think it would have been cool and actually made this raid interesting lorewise if The Thunder King himself was the heroic only boss. That would be sweet.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's no demons in this expansion except maybe Warlock pets and used by the Horde. Demons aren't lame and boring.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    There's no demons in this expansion except maybe Warlock pets and used by the Horde. Demons aren't lame and boring.
    Durumu is a beholder (demon)

10+ Year Old Account

That sounds pretty lame I have to admit. Fighting animals doesn't sound terribly interesting at all for a raid. Especially a... turtle.. The Twin Consorts, Jin'Rokh, Durumu, and Dark Animus sound promising though.

Heh guess everyone really does have extreme differences of opinions on lore. Since I personally am wanting more demons, specifically the Burning Legion. I mean hell Outland was supposed to be all about them, but they weren't really the main focus. I'm hoping that the next expansion is either about Titans or the Burning Legion. We need to be able to go visit some of the Burning Legion's homelands imo. Like Argus the planet the Eredar and Draenei originated from. Or Xornoth(I think?) which was the main planet of the Nathrezim (Dread Lords)

I would love to see that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepingforest View Post
    Durumu is a beholder (demon)

I meant in this whole expansion. Really the enemy or villains aren't demons.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Assuming the red mogu is iron qon.

Where the hell does the armored T-rex fit into this picture. Is that Ra-den? lol or maybe Iron Quon is the dino.

EDIT: Wowpedia thumbnails from the PTR journal shows Iron Qon is the mogu and Ji'Kun are the hawk looking things. the dragons are likely mounts? maybe one for glory one for gladiator.

So basically only the T-rex model is unaccounted for unless it's a mini boss and their keeping Ra-den super hidden until discovered later in ptr or firsthand on live when reached.

Extra models for Ji'Kun so maybe the hawk is obtainable as a mount too for a guild glory Heroic perhaps? T14 has a 3/3 endboss H Glory mount and a personal one.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2012-12-24 at 04:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

Where the hell does the armored T-rex fit into this picture. Is that Ra-den? lol or maybe Iron Quon is the dino.
    He's a new world boss, like Galleon
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    I would say that first boss should be a horde vs alliance battle with a speech between Garrosh and Varian at the end of the battle, the alliance version is like this: when the allies defeat the horde forces Garrosh threatens that he will invade SW for revenge, as for the horde version it goes like that: when the alliance forces are defeated Varian threatens that he will invade Org to get revenge for his son. Then because zandalari trolls and mogu were old allies there should be a lot of troll bosses more likely a renamed ZA, 4 bosses should be loa bosses, then next boss should be a hex lord like Malakrass and as for last troll boss should be Zul'jin that has miraculously survived the events of ZA, next boss should be a sha or a pandaren or some other creature that has been possessed by sha, the next 4 bosses should all of them be mogu like thunder king's general or lieutenant or captain, etc that all of them have been resurrected from thunder king and last but not least thunder king himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    He's a new world boss, like Galleon
    Ok so Ra-den is model is unfinished or hidden then.

The sand elemental is likely part of the dark animus encounter. Elemental inside statue for phase swaps / changes.

The three trolls are the council unless a 4th isnt shown.

Ice, Forest, and Sand troll present.

EDIT: Wowpedia thumbnails from the PTR journal shows Iron Qon is the mogu and Ji'Kun are the hawk looking things. the dragons are likely mounts? maybe one for glory one for gladiator.

So basically only the T-rex model is unaccounted for unless it's a mini boss and their keeping Ra-den super hidden until discovered later in ptr or firsthand on live when reached.

Extra models for Ji'Kun so maybe the hawk is obtainable as a mount too for a guild glory Heroic perhaps? T14 has a 3/3 endboss H Glory mount and a personal one.
    Think the armored devilsaur is Oondasta, a new world boss.
    Oondasta
    Found in a place that has been lost in time, the great devilsaur lord Oondasta has been outfitted for battle with weaponry and armor by the Zandalari, and awaits players brave enough (or foolhardy enough) to seek him out on the mysterious Isle of Giants found in the seas north of Kun-Lai Summit.
    Last edited by delus; 2012-12-24 at 04:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cytheria View Post
    I would say that first boss should be a horde vs alliance battle with a speech between Garrosh and Varian at the end of the battle, the alliance version is like this: when the allies defeat the horde forces Garrosh threatens that he will invade SW for revenge, as for the horde version it goes like that: when the alliance forces are defeated Varian threatens that he will invade Org to get revenge for his son. Then because zandalari trolls and mogu were old allies there should be a lot of troll bosses more likely a renamed ZA, 4 bosses should be loa bosses, then next boss should be a hex lord like Malakrass and as for last troll boss should be Zul'jin that has miraculously survived the events of ZA, next boss should be a sha or a pandaren or some other creature that has been possessed by sha, the next 4 bosses should all of them be mogu like thunder king's general or lieutenant or captain, etc that all of them have been resurrected from thunder king and last but not least thunder king himself.
    The bosses and models are known.

---------- Post added 2012-12-24 at 04:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    Think the armored devilsaur is Oondasta.
    Oondasta
    Found in a place that has been lost in time, the great devilsaur lord Oondasta has been outfitted for battle with weaponry and armor by the Zandalari, and awaits players brave enough (or foolhardy enough) to seek him out on the mysterious Isle of Giants found in the seas north of Kun-Lai Summit.
    Yup that answers that then.

The Beholder is for me the most interesting and unexpected boss added actually.

<Nalak, the storm lord> world boss is a Blue alani type lightning dragon. Clearly that is where the lightning azure serpent will drop from aswell.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2012-12-24 at 04:39 AM.

Deleted
    The bosses and models are known.
    Oh i didn't know that blizzard have already announced the bosses, can you provide a link that supports what you say ??