Deleted

starting gw2 - advice

just bought gw 2 and before getting into the game id like to get any kind of useful advice for a beginner.
    the kind of advice you would have wanted to have if you just started the game,like tips and what to do or to not skip!

edit: which class is fotm or not,i have no interest in playing underpowered classes ;o

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...tiated-READ-ME!

Also don't power level to max

just don't

Guardians and warriors are in a good spot. Necros and engineers not really.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...tiated-READ-ME!

Also don't power level to max

just don't

Guardians and warriors are in a good spot. Necros and engineers not really.
    awesome thread ty,it doesnt provide any info on the current class power balance though,I just started an elementalist,just to come on the forums and find out that they're a completely broken class,nu-uh!

I would say that you probably picked out the most challenging class to play well. Not hard but a lot folks seem to struggle with it, especially attunement swapping.

Warriors and Guardians are the most newbie friendly.

Deleted
    Remeber to click the "Take all" button in your mail from Heart Vendors, took me a while to realise why I was skint and why I couldn't delete them :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Peahorse View Post
    Remeber to click the "Take all" button in your mail from Heart Vendors, took me a while to realise why I was skint and why I couldn't delete them :P
    hehe ill remember

---------- Post added 2012-12-21 at 10:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I would say that you probably picked out the most challenging class to play well. Not hard but a lot folks seem to struggle with it, especially attunement swapping.

Warriors and Guardians are the most newbie friendly.
    hmm by newbie friendly you mean most op?
    i wouldnt mind playing the hardest class out there,as long as it dishes out the hardest beat downs too /o/

i wouldnt mind playing the hardest class out there,as long as it dishes out the hardest beat downs too /o/
    Hardest beatdowns in what PvP?

Then roll a theif.

In pve it hardly matters.

Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post

The easiest to pick up and play and get results.

But as Zito said, it doesn't matter much in PVE. In PVP a backstab thief is the hardest hitting (as long as you set it up correctly).

10+ Year Old Account
    Gather everything you see and participate in everything around you. Participation is key. It makes the game worth playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Abstieg View Post
    Gather everything you see and participate in everything around you. Participation is key. It makes the game worth playing.
    In addition to gathering everything (can't emphasize that enough), resurrect everyone while leveling. That gives you good amount of XP too. It definitely adds up.

Try to finish your daily achievement every day while questing. It gives you a jug worth 4500 karma and a one mystic coin. When you reach max level, you'll have more than enough karma to purchase end game gear in Orr if you wish.

When you finish a dynamic event, stick around a listen to the NPCs. Generally if they are talking after the event is over, that means a follow up event is going to be starting shortly, sometimes you'll have to follow them if they run off somewhere as well. Doing dynamic event chains give a very good amount of xp and karma by the time you finish them.
    Last edited by carnifex2005; 2012-12-22 at 07:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    awesome thread ty,it doesnt provide any info on the current class power balance though,I just started an elementalist,just to come on the forums and find out that they're a completely broken class,nu-uh!
    .... so you just believe everything you read on a forum without trying the class yourself? For shame.

My advice is play the game and try every profession until you find one you enjoy playing and stick with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    my advice: take your time and don`t over-play it.