Thread: Justice Points

Justice Points

Just hit 90 recently and was wondering what's another way to get JP without having to run instances?

Scenarios. But the fastest way is grinding honor in BGs and converting to JP.

You should be grinding heroics for ilvl 463 gear, anyway. JP gear is marginal, and the JP are probably better spent upgrading some ilvl 463 items.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Cool, thanks for the quick reply. And, yes, I want to use the JP to upgrade some 463 items. The honor points I'd rather save for some PvP gear.

I want to get JP faster. Too slow atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right now you're stuck with instances and scenarios, but in 5.2 getting valor points while valor capped yields justice points instead.

So yay for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    It really is funny in my mind how it is now HARDER to get justice than valor.... I mean WTF shouldn't getting the LOWER grade points be EASIER?

Quote Originally Posted by Isaq View Post
    The honor points I'd rather save for some PvP gear.
    It's not like there's a weekly honor cap. If it takes less time to farm honor for conversion to JP, than it does directly getting JP, you have more time left over to get honor for PvP gear.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler

Is it a 1 for 1 conversion from Honor to JP?

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    It's not like there's a weekly honor cap. If it takes less time to farm honor for conversion to JP, than it does directly getting JP, you have more time left over to get honor for PvP gear.
    Osmeric, how much JP do you get per Scenario?

I honestly have no idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Osmeric, how much JP do you get per Scenario?

I honestly have no idea.
    As I understand it:

Heroic 5 man bosses give 35 JP per kill.
    Scenarioes, after the first two each day, give 84 JP. The first two scenarios give 40 and 20 VP, respectively.

BTW, completing the Greench quest for this holiday also gives a handful of JP.

---------- Post added 2012-12-21 at 10:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Isaq View Post
    Is it a 1 for 1 conversion from Honor to JP?
    375 honor becomes 250 JP.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want to gear up don't worry about grinding JP. Run scenarios since they have a reasonable chance to drop 463 blues and you'll get more out of replacing 429 or 437 quest greens with 463 pieces than by upgrading 463 to 471 via JP. Certainly, run heroics too but I like scenarios since they're fast, easy and don't need a full group. You can fit them in when you don't have a lot of time or don't want to commit to a longer period of playing (say as dinner's cooking, etc).

Obviously hit Arena of Annihilation for he blue 450 weapon which is almost certainly an upgrade over whatever you had when you hit 90. For slots that can be hard to fill, don't forget the AH. For example, Ghost Iron Dragonling is a great starter trinket and the 3 cog sockets each give 600 of a stat. You can't stack stats (they're unique), but adding 600 each of 3 secondary stats is a big upgrade as a fresh 90. At least on my realm it's about 200g. Are the Darkmoon trinkets better? Sure. And on my realm they're 20k still.

Consider buying the Contender's blues for slots that are hard to find and where the pieces are inexpensive. Again, probably better for PVP than the quest greens you have. Doubly good if you're going to pvp anyway.

Once you're 460, hit LFR.

Between the scenarios, heroics and LFR you'll be fine for JP and you'll get several piece of gear along the way. Sure, you might have crappy luck in LFR but early in the week you can do all of MV in a couple of hours so there is, at the very least, the VP/JP from bosses and some gold. Odds are that over a couple of weeks you'll also see a couple of epics.
    Last edited by clevin; 2012-12-21 at 10:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    It really is funny in my mind how it is now HARDER to get justice than valor.... I mean WTF shouldn't getting the LOWER grade points be EASIER?
    I agree, they've sort of abandoned the idea that the points are differentiated by the hardness of content, and it's more now that Valor is the time-gated currency whereas Justice is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    As I understand it:

Heroic 5 man bosses give 35 JP per kill.
    Scenarioes, after the first two each day, give 84 JP. The first two scenarios give 40 and 20 VP, respectively.

BTW, completing the Greench quest for this holiday also gives a handful of JP.

---------- Post added 2012-12-21 at 10:14 PM ----------

375 honor becomes 250 JP.
    Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by underdogba View Post
    I agree, they've sort of abandoned the idea that the points are differentiated by the hardness of content, and it's more now that Valor is the time-gated currency whereas Justice is not.
    Maybe it has to do with heirlooms? I mean seriously it;s gonna be nuts for new players to get a full stock. I at least can double dip as a Crusader.