Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Ridiculous Double Standard

The couple were drinking wine together at his house when she came across a message on Facebook that she did not like, the court heard.

"We were cuddling," Mr Aitken recalled. "Next thing I knew she swung round and hit me with a glass and my face began to pour with blood."

-

Slater was initially charged with the more serious offence of wounding with intent but her plea to the lesser charge was accepted by the prosecution.

Due to his injuries and the time he spent in hospital, Mr Aitken lost his business and modelling career, the court heard.

Look at his face - http://news.sky.com/story/1028655/x-...an-avoids-jail

Judge Toby Hedworth said: "Drink played a greater role than is now suggested."

(nice one Mister Judge....)

Edit: trying to avoid butthurt people

Don't you just love it?
    Last edited by mogulkhan; 2012-12-21 at 08:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So those two cases are comparable... how exactly?

10+ Year Old Account
    i dont understand the correlation between the two cases.

10+ Year Old Account
    what the hell is wrong with this world, its almost a shame that it didnt end today with bullshit like this going on

Correlation between the 2 cases? A MAN takes some nude pics of a girl that he wasnt supposed to, gets 5 years. A WOMAN assaults a man and ruins his career and basically life, no time in jail/prison. do you really not see it?

Think of it this way, if a MAN assaulted a woman and ruined her career possibly life, he would probably be in prison for at least 10 years

Sir Toby Hedworth deserves a glass to the face from a drunken bitch maybe he'll see it differently then

Maybe its because she's smokin' hot that the judge accepted her plea
    Last edited by Yosef1015; 2012-12-21 at 08:49 PM.

Right, I forgot this is mmo-champion and I should spoonfeed you all because otherwise you can't understand it... might as well just remove it from my OP or a shitstorm will come out of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mogulkhan View Post
    Right, I forgot this is mmo-champion and I should spoonfeed you all because otherwise you can't understand it... might as well just remove it from my OP or a shitstorm will come out of it.
    Assault case while intoxicated vs sexual exploitation. If you want to make a point about a double standard, at least get crimes in the same family.

While i agree there is a double standard, thats not a good example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually the "Hackerazzi" was charged with wiretapping, unauthorized access to over 50 computers, and stalking. All in all he was charged with 9 felonies. Soooooo yeah.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

Sounds like the victim's statement(s) influenced the judge...so what else do you want him to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Assault case while intoxicated vs sexual exploitation. If you want to make a point about a double standard, at least get crimes in the same family.
    Sorry, you lack the capacity to understand what I tried to say.

Here's an easier thing for you to understand, almost the exact same case, but this time roles are switched, the man is the attacker.

http://www.thisishullandeastriding.c...ail/story.html

"He has been jailed for 15 months for the attack."

"A WOMAN has been left scarred for life after she was struck in the face with a glass after an argument Rachel Adshead, 23, was left with 14 stitches in her face."

The man pleaded guilty to grievous bodily harm at Hull Crown Court.
    Mr Bettney had no previous convictions. He has been jailed for 15 months for the attack.

---------- Post added 2012-12-21 at 08:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Sounds like the victim's statement(s) influenced the judge...so what else do you want him to do?
    This is assault. It doesn't matter if we're not talking about civil compensantion (sorry, can't put it in a better way, english is not my native language). Anyway, then explain the case I just posted, where the man attacked the girl. ^^^^^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, blame the prosecution for accepting her lesser plea. They could have easily gone after much more vigorously and she would have received jail time.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

Much better example. Yes, the double standard here is ridiculous.

I'm sure if you dug hard enough you could find cases where the outcome was the opposite of what happened here. It sucks when this happens, but it's not like it only happens to guys.

There's just a few crappy judges here and there, but most of them are fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    I'm sure if you dug hard enough you could find cases where the outcome was the opposite of what happened here. It sucks when this happens, but it's not like it only happens to guys.

There's just a few crappy judges here and there, but most of them are fair.
    I could pull off data that shows that in my country the majority of woman receive far lighter sentences than men, but it's Brazil, not where it happened....

This is assault. It doesn't matter if we're not talking about civil compensantion (sorry, can't put it in a better way, english is not my native language). Anyway, then explain the case I just posted, where the man attacked the girl. ^^^^^^
    From that case:
    She had 14 stitches and the scarring persists and her victim personal statements shows the scarring is not the worst of it.
    You were saying? Not to mention those two apparently never met before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunterpower View Post
    While i agree there is a double standard, thats not a good example.
    Agreeing with this. The difference in seriousness between the two incidents is pretty vast, and you really can't compare one to the other (like someone said, sexual exploitation vs assault).

10+ Year Old Account
    My face hurts just looking at the pictures of him... Hopefully society as a whole will do the right thing and she will never be able to a husband to do something similar to or find work as she obviously doesn’t have the proper level judgment to even be able to be trusted with flipping burgers at McDonalds. As for the double standard, it exists and there isn't much we can do about it.
    Last edited by DEATHETERNAL; 2012-12-21 at 09:03 PM.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

Deleted
    If you want to disect court rulings, at least go with same kind of cases. Otherwhise this won't be very constructive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, you lack the capacity to understand what I tried to say.

Here's an easier thing for you to understand, almost the exact same case, but this time roles are switched, the man is the attacker.

http://www.thisishullandeastriding.c...ail/story.html

"He has been jailed for 15 months for the attack."

"A WOMAN has been left scarred for life after she was struck in the face with a glass after an argument Rachel Adshead, 23, was left with 14 stitches in her face."

The man pleaded guilty to grievous bodily harm at Hull Crown Court.
    Mr Bettney had no previous convictions. He has been jailed for 15 months for the attack.
    Perhaps you lack the literary capacity to present a coherent argument? That seems distinctly more likely.

Still not equatable, as intoxication was indicated in the first post, and not mentioned in this case. Again, double standards require equitable cases and factors in the ruling, which neither your first instance (which you removed because you realized how absolutely facetious it was) nor this one provide.

Perhaps you lack the literary capacity to present a coherent argument? That seems distinctly more likely.

Still not equatable, as intoxication was indicated in the first post, and not mentioned in this case. Again, double standards require equitable cases and factors in the ruling, which neither your first instance (which you removed because you realized how absolutely facetious it was) nor this one provide.
    Before I go on (as I'll probably get banned) , do you even have any knowledge of law whatsoever?

Also, where are you from?

---------- Post added 2012-12-21 at 09:21 PM ----------

Also, I just removed the example I had because you could not understand what I meant with it (mainly pointing out to the seriousness of each case)

---------- Post added 2012-12-21 at 09:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bazookaberit View Post
    If you want to disect court rulings, at least go with same kind of cases. Otherwhise this won't be very constructive.
    check my other post here , #10
    Last edited by mogulkhan; 2012-12-21 at 09:23 PM.