The Fate of Ji Firepaw and Aysa Cloudsinger...

Posted this on the official Forums and I'm copying/pasting it here for anyone that is interested, hopefully we'll get a Blue to respond. The link to the official forum version is here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7415603944#1

This thread contains Spoilers for the Wandering Isle quest line if you played a Pandaren. You have been warned.

For those of you who do not know, Ji and Aysa are two Pandaren that you quested and helped on the Wandering Isle as a Pandaren. Ji Firepaw, Master of the Huojin, and Aysa Cloudsinger, Master of the Tushui, were constantly telling you about their faction (Tushui, Huojin) and represented their faction immensely. And at the end of the quest line when you dislodge the "thorn" from Shen-zin Su, you will see this cutscene: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Qn7ItCK1MRw

If you did the quest line, you know that Ji had an interest in Aysa, but due to this, Aysa now hates Ji, which is part of the reason Ji sided with the Horde, he didn't know what he was getting himself into and decided that it was best to let things settle. Once arriving in your new city, Varian or Garrosh (Depending on what faction you chose) will tell you that there will be no lingering ties between the Alliance and the Horde, that if your friends, loved ones, or kin sided with the opposite faction that they "died" so to say, which Ji and Aysa, from their dialog, don't seem to be too happy about that.

I was expecting them to have a part in patch 5.1, but Ji and Aysa just sat in Orgrimmar and Stormwind while both factions went to Pandaria, 5.2 is coming up soon and there has been no word of these two from what I've seen. Are you actually going to use these two characters that I've been really interested in? Or are you going to go Cata on us, make some new Lore characters and not do anything with them? Because if you don't do anything with them, I will be very upset, and I'm sure others will be as well. I want to see these two characters do something Blizzard, meet each other again, develop their relationship, and be a tie between the Alliance and Horde that can end the war.

And I'm going to bring up something else, Ji doesn't mention Aysa to you at all nor the other way around if you're a Pandaren or even a Monk. I don't know what to expect in the patches to come, but please Blizzard, the fact that you made them both Monk trainers worries me a lot, because I don't know if you'll end up using them, and these two characters should definitely be used as a bond to bring the two factions closer together. I trust you Blizzard, I really do, and I really want to see my two of my new favorite characters be used in Mists of Pandaria.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I feel your pain. I too wanted this story to be developed more.. But I'm affraid it's Thassarian & Koltira all over again

10+ Year Old Account
    More lore character cast aside after making an appearance? This happens all the time.
    #boycottchina

I really hope we get to see more of those two down the line.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    More lore character cast aside after making an appearance? This happens all the time.
    Well, except that Koltira and Thassarian returned with Cata... even if with just 1 zone.

Still, I WANT them to put Ji and Aysa back into motion, ptherwise I'll be VERY upset. >=S

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jshadow View Post
    Well, except that Koltira and Thassarian returned with Cata... even if with just 1 zone.

Still, I WANT them to put Ji and Aysa back into motion, ptherwise I'll be VERY upset. >=S
    I still waiting to find out what happened to Koltira & Thassarian.

Maybe Koltira will make an appearance during the Siege of Orgrimmar alongside the Forsaken.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

15+ Year Old Account
    Would expect some case of ji saving her life some how possibly from Garrosh.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandible View Post
    Would expect some case of ji saving her life some how possibly from Garrosh.
    I could see Ji almost dying somehow, trying to protect Aysa or something, and Aysa holding him in her arms saying how sorry she is. I know, it's corny.

Quote Originally Posted by Cargath View Post
    I know, it's corny.
    Perfect for WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Cargath View Post
    I could see Ji almost dying somehow, trying to protect Aysa or something, and Aysa holding him in her arms saying how sorry she is. I know, it's corny.
    "A Little Fall of Rain" moment? Lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say their chances of being developed further are very good. Remember this is just Patch 5.2 we're getting soon.

Here are a few characters who've had later appearances after you meet them:

• Lillian Voss: Ex-Scarlet Crusader turned Rogue introduced in Tirisfal Glades (Catclysm). Her handiwork is found in Western Plaguelands and later, she infiltrates The Scarlet Monestery for powerful weapons (Mists of Pandaria). Shortly afterward she goes after Darkmaster Gatling in Scholomance.
    • John J. Keeshan: Originally introduced as the captured soldier in the original Redridge Mountains quest chain, Keeshan gets a name and a zonewide quest chain in Cataclysm. The quest chain ends with Keeshan fighting a black dragon to the death over Lake Everstill. Keeshan was presumed dead...until Alliance Adventurers found him alive and well in the Burning Steppes. This time he's looking to crush the Blackrock Orcs beofre they get the chance to attack Lakeshire again--with your help, of course. By the way John Rambo...I mean Keeshan--well, now you know who he's modeled after!
    • Mankirk: Who DOESN'T know the most popular Orc of the Barrens? Post Cataclysm with his wife's death confirmed, Mankirk has one purpose in life: The Extermination of the Quilboar Race. Not even the Barrens getting split in two will stop him. After helping him slaughter Quilboar in Northern Barrens he brings his sharpened axe across The Great Divide to the Southern Barrens with the Quilboar there in his sights.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

I said this before but i feel ji firepaws recklessness will result him trying to cross the enemy lines and court aysa which will result in garrosh being extremely pissed and punishing the houjin pandaran and ji and this will help turn the houjin pandaran against garrosh

unless blizz feels that the at the houjin pandaran aint a real faction and will just be ignored

I just want Ji and Aysa to do something... but they're going to get overshadowed and Blizzard will forget about them...

---------- Post added 2012-12-22 at 10:02 AM ----------

Aaand, neither here or the official forums seem to give a shit...