Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Well, I compared Garrosh to all other expension - end bosses. C'Thun wasn't expansion ender, but Kel'Thuzad was recycled after, I guess good ol' God was the real deal in Vanilla.

Doesn't really matter what end boss we face in each expansion.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Lor'themar seems to be very level-headed, but yet more slights against his people from both Alliance and Horde figures may have finally pushed him over the edge. I agree with Zaelsino - Vol'jin may step in just in time and make Lor'themar aware of the rebellion against Garrosh. Whether Lor'themar allies so closely with Vol'jin remains to be seen. Whilst Blood Elves may be more than happy to help overthrow Garrosh, it could further endanger more of his people. Then again, better to get rid of the Warchief once and for all rather than leave the Horde for good and lose its support.

A Vol'jin - Lor'themar team-up would be epic.

Well well well i just ripped this from wowhead

shits gonna get real between the kirin tor and the sunreavers

http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=93655
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=93656
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=93805
    Looks like i was right the belfs are going to war against the kirin tor and dalaran

FUCK YEAH!!!!!
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2012-12-22 at 01:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    At the moment lor'themars venom is squarely aimed at dalaran

Though he thinks garrosh is a disrespectfully ahole it still doesnt justify a full out rebellion imo its gonna take more than the fact garrosh used a few belfs to get what he wants for the greater good and the fact garrosh has been very cavalier with belf lives
    If we look at 5.1's Panderen campaign questline as something that's happening over the course of a few days at most -- and I think the plot dictates it almost has to be, repgrind or not -- then it's fair to say that there is already a rebellion underway. Word may not have reached Garrosh yet, but it certainly must at some point. And as for justification -- trying to assassinate Vol'jin for absolutely no legitimate reason, garrisoning the Darkspears for absolutely no legitimate reason, and also the Garithos-ian treatment of the Blood Elves, total strategic disregard for the well-being of those under his command.

I could see them killing off Lor'themar and the character development being intentionally to make it matter more. But I hope they don't.

Deleted
    MOAR DAILIES!

i hope it takes place in dalaran.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    Well well well i just ripped this from wowhead

shits gonna get real between the kirin tor and the sunreavers

http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=93655
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=93656
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=93805
    Looks like i was right the belfs are going to war against the kirin tor and dalaran

FUCK YEAH!!!!!
    asdghhjk dis storyline

1. Lor'themar isn't that much of an idiot. The idea of him challenging anyone, let along someone who is easily three times the fighter he is, to a mak'gora is...implausible at best. The events of 5.1 show that he is more then capable of being underhanded when the situation calls for it. You seem to want to push him out of the way for the sake of pushing him out of the way.

2. While I do see a confrontation between Dalaran and Silvermoon coming, I have a feeling it will be Dalaran that attacks Silvermoon rather then the other way around. Jaina will ultimately retreat before either sides takes substantial losses, perhaps after realizing how little the Blood Elves actually like Garrosh (more on that below). Vanessa's fate could go either way at this point.

3. Won't happen. The nature of an MMO strictly prevents a race from fully leaving a faction under any circumstances.

Now for my predictions:

I believe that Jaina will lead the Kirin Tor on an attack on Silvermoon with the intention of placing Silver Covenant in power over Quel'thalas. Lor'themar will request aide from Garrosh, who will not only refuse outright, but prevent Lor'themar from recalling even part of the Blood Elven force on Pandaria. Concerned that he will not be able to defend against the impending attack, Lor'themar begins preparations to evacuate the city.

However on the eve of battle none other then Thrall and Vol'jin arrive with an army of Horde members opposed to Garrosh. So when the full force of the Kirin Tor comes down on Silvermoon, they find resistance is much stiffer then they anticipated. After a brief battle topped off with Horde players fighting Jaina and Alliance players fighting Thrall, both sides realize they don't have a significant advantage and agree to hear each other out.

After a bit of dialogue, Jaina begins to understand the full implications of a popular rebellion against Garrosh, and how it could be useful to the Alliance's cause. She orders Dalaran to move once again (where too isn't important at this point) and begins formulating a plan to take out Garrosh's most loyal commanders.

On the Horde side of things, Lor'themar decides to give the rebellion his full support. After all it was Thrall, not Garrosh, who admitted the Blood Elves into the Horde, and that twice Vol'jin had aided Quel'thelas in times of need. He will intend to go public as soon as he can get the Blood Elven forces on Pandaria out of harms way.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post
    1. Lor'themar isn't that much of an idiot. The idea of him challenging anyone, let along someone who is easily three times the fighter he is, to a mak'gora is...implausible at best. The events of 5.1 show that he is more then capable of being underhanded when the situation calls for it. You seem to want to push him out of the way for the sake of pushing him out of the way.

2. While I do see a confrontation between Dalaran and Silvermoon coming, I have a feeling it will be Dalaran that attacks Silvermoon rather then the other way around. Jaina will ultimately retreat before either sides takes substantial losses, perhaps after realizing how little the Blood Elves actually like Garrosh (more on that below). Vanessa's fate could go either way at this point.

3. Won't happen. The nature of an MMO strictly prevents a race from fully leaving a faction under any circumstances.

Now for my predictions:

I believe that Jaina will lead the Kirin Tor on an attack on Silvermoon with the intention of placing Silver Covenant in power over Quel'thalas. Lor'themar will request aide from Garrosh, who will not only refuse outright, but prevent Lor'themar from recalling even part of the Blood Elven force on Pandaria. Concerned that he will not be able to defend against the impending attack, Lor'themar begins preparations to evacuate the city.

However on the eve of battle none other then Thrall and Vol'jin arrive with an army of Horde members opposed to Garrosh. So when the full force of the Kirin Tor comes down on Silvermoon, they find resistance is much stiffer then they anticipated. After a brief battle topped off with Horde players fighting Jaina and Alliance players fighting Thrall, both sides realize they don't have a significant advantage and agree to hear each other out.

After a bit of dialogue, Jaina begins to understand the full implications of a popular rebellion against Garrosh, and how it could be useful to the Alliance's cause. She orders Dalaran to move once again (where too isn't important at this point) and begins formulating a plan to take out Garrosh's most loyal commanders.

On the Horde side of things, Lor'themar decides to give the rebellion his full support. After all it was Thrall, not Garrosh, who admitted the Blood Elves into the Horde, and that twice Vol'jin had aided Quel'thelas in times of need. He will intend to go public as soon as he can get the Blood Elven forces on Pandaria out of harms way.
    dude, kinda got chills when reading this. not bad at all.

The major assumption made at the start of this thread is that Lor'themar is going to be a major catalyst in coming events. This assumption however isn't really supported. Will he be a big deal? Highly likely! Will he be a bigger deal than any other Horde leader? Far less likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post

Now for my predictions:

I don't believe that Jaina is going to lead an attack on Silvermoon. It is heavily, heavily, heavily implied at the end of the 5.1 Horde questline in Dalaran that it is the Blood Elves who are going to make the next move, as Lor'themar orders pretty much all of Silvermoon's military to gather up and get ready for his 'next move.'

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    Doesn't really matter what end boss we face in each expansion.
    i think his point is that your characters have become exponentially more powerful each expansion. defeating seemingly unstoppable and powerful entities.

cthun was an old god, illidan was on arthas' level before arthas merged with the lich king, arthas was indeed probably one of the most powerful foes up until deathwing who almost blew the entire planet up.

YOU the hero helped prevent all of that, and now youre being called to settle a civil war amongst the horde and a few acts of genocide against the alliance, hardly "world-threatening". unless garrosh gets ahold of something that could do what deathwing did and blow the planet up its not entirely "world-threatening"

i understand this expansion is a precursor to something much larger, and that it needs to be dealt with. i just sympathsize with okacz in that its just not quite as life threatening to my character as previous end bosses and their theme. granted the expansion is far from over so theres time for them to instill that feeling.

anyways, i currently am not playing so im sure my opinion isnt worth much lol. dont get me wrong, the expansion looks good and the story is very attractive, im just a frugile person and cant justify spending the money on it yet

Quote Originally Posted by dokilar View Post
    i think his point is that your characters have become exponentially more powerful each expansion. defeating seemingly unstoppable and powerful entities.

cthun was an old god, illidan was on arthas' level before arthas merged with the lich king, arthas was indeed probably one of the most powerful foes up until deathwing who almost blew the entire planet up.

YOU the hero helped prevent all of that, and now youre being called to settle a civil war amongst the horde and a few acts of genocide against the alliance, hardly "world-threatening". unless garrosh gets ahold of something that could do what deathwing did and blow the planet up its not entirely "world-threatening"

i understand this expansion is a precursor to something much larger, and that it needs to be dealt with. i just sympathsize with okacz in that its just not quite as life threatening to my character as previous end bosses and their theme. granted the expansion is far from over so theres time for them to instill that feeling.

anyways, i currently am not playing so im sure my opinion isnt worth much lol. dont get me wrong, the expansion looks good and the story is very attractive, im just a frugile person and cant justify spending the money on it yet
    Well the implication that they've gone through in the entire expansion so far is that the greatest threat to the Horde or the Alliance is the Horde and the Alliance.

Garrosh is kind of the scape goat here, but really it comes down to him wanting the horde to be strong enough to never be pushed around again but it's just leading him off in horrible horrible directions. Also remember that for all our strength we're still not the hero units from WC3 - so whenever we complete a raid there's a pretty big implication that we're either along with or doing it at the behest of our "hero units" meaning our faction leaders and they are leveling up along with us.

So in terms of power just think Warcraft 3 - how many units did you need to send down the pipe to defeat Illidan or Arthas or Archimonde? We are the footsoldiers and the meat in the grinder.

Lor'themar has been a badass this last patch, looks like he's going to be a bigger badass in 5.2!