Deleted

Low on mastery? Affliction

Hey!

I simmed my char and these are my results . So ive reforged accordingly. But it seems to me im so low on mastery?
    Is it a good idea to remove some of my hit to mastery?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...niius/advanced is my armory

Reforge plot to reforge. Your hit is already on the low end of the spectrum fwiw

Just one little thing from a quick look at your armory, you've got a bit too much in haste. One you hit the 4717 break point, the next is not until 6636. so unless you can hit the 6636 without stripping out your mastery, anything over the 4717 break point is a waste.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Setheriel View Post
    Just one little thing from a quick look at your armory, you've got a bit too much in haste. One you hit the 4717 break point, the next is not until 6636. so unless you can hit the 6636 without stripping out your mastery, anything over the 4717 break point is a waste.
    Reforged abit better now i think. But i still have a feeling my mastery is too low..

Quote Originally Posted by Setheriel View Post
    Sorry to be blunt, but these misleading posts really are the reason so many threads keep popping up about haste and mastery.

That plot has me at 7844 haste. It is the most optimal point on the chart with 5000 reforged in either direction. Care to explain how being so far above >>6637 (nitpicking, but that IS the number I'm sure you're referring to for the raid buffed tick on UA) is considered the most substantial gain? Haste is not a stat you go to breakpoints and forget about, that kind of thinking is going to hinder any progress on theory crafting.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...ZmFYa0E#gid=12

Those are the breakpoints if you'd like to check where 7844 haste puts me (no where close to the next~ 9.2k)

Simple answer OP? Reforge plot haste and mastery while keeping your hit around that mark in your gear. I guarantee the best results will be where the two are closer together.

edit: Simmed yours as well Setherial

Is it a huge dps gain for you to reforge even more haste? No, but it is more.
    Last edited by Ezzyo; 2012-12-22 at 05:28 AM.

Remember why you're reforging and what better it will do.

Single target fights Haste will simulate better, especially if you can hit the boss 100% of the time and not have to switch targets or down time. Haste will make your dots tick more often, haste will also cast Malefic Grasp faster, and with faster casts, plus more ticks, you get more damage.

But that all falls apart when you have a Will of the Emperor or Windlord fight. Mastery will be king by its pure damage increase. So reforge with responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Defaulty View Post
    But that all falls apart when you have a Will of the Emperor or Windlord fight. Mastery will be king by its pure damage increase. So reforge with responsibility.
    Windlord where you spam soc (affected by haste) until a burn phase? WotE where you rarely get MG's off? (wrong)

Yeah i'm kinda confused too, last time i simmed my character was about a month ago, and i just simmed,

did something get ninja changed?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...n/Dxe/advanced

I have alot better gear than OP does so its not an under geared issue
    Last edited by Personal; 2012-12-24 at 08:57 AM.