Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Those models look way too bright for the screenshot Blizz released with the announcement. I think they are not done.
    The thumbnail of the videos makes them look brighter than they are.

Thank the gods they are putting more effort into the visuals. The zone fatigue and visual fatigue issue is one of the biggest reasons I think the game has been bleeding subscribers beyond having such limited options for things to do. No matter how interesting or fun the mechanics are, if it all looks the same for month after month on end, the eye get's bored. They need to constantly give a fresh sense of atmosphere, and I was worried this would just be more of the same Mogu assets and Pandaren assets we've already seen.

Of course this risks the ire of the game play over graphics police, but they don't know what's good for them anyways and are stuck echoing principals while ignoring reality. Both gameplay and visuals both are very important in an MMO, otherwise we could all be playing better games that didn't spend half their budget or more on artists.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    Thank the gods they are putting more effort into the visuals. The zone fatigue and visual fatigue issue is one of the biggest reasons I think the game has been bleeding subscribers beyond having such limited options for things to do. No matter how interesting or fun the mechanics are, if it all looks the same for month after month on end, the eye get's bored. They need to constantly give a fresh sense of atmosphere, and I was worried this would just be more of the same Mogu assets and Pandaren assets we've already seen.

Of course this risks the ire of the game play over graphics police, but they don't know what's good for them anyways and are stuck echoing principals while ignoring reality. Both gameplay and visuals both are very important in an MMO, otherwise we could all be playing better games that didn't spend half their budget or more on artists.
    The only ire it may raise from me is if Blizz goes too far with variety and starts making every patch look like a brand new expansion. So you level with the Pandaren, raid the Sha, then raid Zul'drak, then raid Argus....
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    The only ire it may raise from me is if Blizz goes too far with variety and starts making every patch look like a brand new expansion. So you level with the Pandaren, raid the Sha, then raid Zul'drak, then raid Argus....
    It's a mogu raid. We aren't going to Argus, we don't raid some scourge stronghold.
    Are you seriously complaining about variety?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeeha, I love 'em all! Ones on the main page look great as well, particularly the dinosaurs.

The Thunder King also gets a new model, the one in-game is a recolored version of the last boss of Mogu-Shan Palace. Still looks pretty sweet, but this new one is even more fearsome.

Mogu ladies, yay. Shame they don't have the bellies the fellahs have.

The 2 dinosaur mounts are insanely cool!

Mogu women look pretty menacing, I approve!

I'm impressed with the female mogu. After a second you realise how much of it of it is lifted from the dranei and a second later how different and impressive it manages to look regardless.

All the models looks insane, excellent work blizzard

10+ Year Old Account
    http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...els_2_08_1.jpg
    http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...els_2_07_1.jpg

<3!!

I'm pretty interested in that new 'greater beholder' creature... is it a burning legion demon like the floating eye, or something different?

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...els_2_08_1.jpg
    http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...els_2_07_1.jpg

<3!!

I'm pretty interested in that new 'greater beholder' creature... is it a burning legion demon like the floating eye, or something different?
    Why is the Triceratops blindfolded?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kage View Post
    It does not need to know what it's charging at.

It need only charge.

Quote Originally Posted by kage View Post
    Its drivers can see where it is going and if it can't see danger, it won't panic!

10+ Year Old Account
    Two words:

Dem

Models.

This patch is shaping up to look spectacular... Looks like I'm going to need to find a raiding guild, cuz' I REALLY want a shot at those dinosaur mounts.

One little tiff though, the giant stone skull on the devilsaur looks just a might too heavy.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

The female mogu are very cool

Every time I see new models I am reminded that Blizzard really need to update the player models from vanilla WoW. It's nice to see female mogu. It is indeed very rare to have female NPCs. They usually only appear for raids. It was the same with Eredar females that appeared for the first time in the Sunwell Pleateau.

INTERNETS! I SUMMON YOU!

Rule#34 this, please
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Are there 5.2 Glory mounts implemented?

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    Are there 5.2 Glory mounts implemented?
    Personally I was assuming that's what the Pterodactyl mounts were. Unless the Achievements have an obviously non-dino name tied to them?

Quote Originally Posted by Scunosi View Post
    Personally I was assuming that's what the Pterodactyl mounts were. Unless the Achievements have an obviously non-dino name tied to them?
    Dunno, I tought that they could be Glory ones but something tells me that, they are not