Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

No one seen the PTR talents yet?

I was kind of expecting the Rogue forums to explode. Two new talents have been datamined from the 5.2 PTR.

Hit and Run
    Immediately teleport to a targeted location, leaving a shadow of yourself behind. Upon activating the effect a second time, or after 10 sec, you will return to your shadow's location. 45 second cooldown.

Marked for Death
    Mark the target, instantly generating 5 combo points on them. When the target dies, Marked for Death's cooldown is reset. 1 minute cooldown.

You can view all the new (which means those two and a Warlock change) talents here.

There are more changes as well, like for example a Burst of Speed TEST ability that costs 20 focus.

Hit and Run looks great. Not too sure about the Marked for Death ability, but I'm guessing that's a PvP talent anyway. Quite a nice one I might add.

EDIT:
    Uhm...
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=136679
    Last edited by mmoc973e6c390d; 2012-12-22 at 01:12 AM.

Blade Flurry: While active, your attacks strike an additional nearby opponent for 25% of normal damage, but Energy regeneration is reduced by 20%. Lasts until canceled.

Zoiks!

the change to Shuriken toss is definately interesting though, and maybe even the burst of speed one too.
    Last edited by rogueMatthias; 2012-12-22 at 01:21 AM.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Hit and Run sounds like a fun ability but kind off a shitty talent I would never take if you'rec forced back after 10 secs.

I hope it replaces prep.

Marked for Death sounds good.

200 energy BoS would be amazing but sounds too good to be true.

Intriguing and exciting.

all of those changes dont fix anything another 1 min CD to watch i'd rather pick anticipation its still way better then this shitty marked for death
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like blade flurry is getting nerfed.

Deleted
    News on frontpage if anyone missed it: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...TR-Build-16408

Mostly interesting changes; Preparation seems to have gone baseline! The new abilities look great. Burst of Speed looks much better, Shuriken Toss gives you ranged auto attacks! :O

Things I'm not happy to see is the massive Blade Flurry nerf and the smaller one to Shadow Focus.
    Last edited by mmocb486d163cd; 2012-12-22 at 01:43 AM.

Surely Marked for Death will be incredibly good to boost your dps in dungeons/challenge modes where trash is dying quicker? Free finisher on each mob.

Quote Originally Posted by JCBeastie View Post
    Things I'm not happy to see is the massive Blade Flurry nerf and the smaller one to Shadow Focus.
    I though the same at first, but tbh it's kinda silly you almost have to change to combat when there's a cleave option purely because of Bladef Flurry, even if your geared to another spec you'll get higher dps still. As long as they boost combat enough to make up for the huge nerf then it's probably a good idea.
    Last edited by rogueMatthias; 2012-12-22 at 01:42 AM.

News on frontpage if anyone missed it it: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...TR-Build-16408

Mostly interesting changes; Preparation seems to have gone baseline! The new abilities look great. Burst of Speed looks much better, Shuriken Toss gives you ranged auto attacks! :O

how does BoS look better i dont get it from my understanding its the same as it is now just tooltip changed

Surely Marked for Death will be incredibly good to boost your dps in dungeons/challenge modes where trash is dying quicker? Free finisher on each mob.
    also nobody cares about dungeons and i personally dont care about challange modes i dont see anything cool with those changes just another uninspired attempt to "fix" whats broken

Deleted
    Yup frontpage just got updated. Even more interesting changes and fixes.

I'm glad Blade Flurry is getting changed and Combat as a whole buffed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Koji2k11 View Post
    how does BoS look better i dont get it from my understanding its the same as it is now just tooltip changed
    Currently you either remove a snare/root or gain the speed boost, never both. Tooltip change indicates that you gain the speed and freedom in one use.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koji2k11 View Post
    It is a speed boost AND a snare breaker, not one or the other.
    Last edited by Twinkelle; 2012-12-22 at 01:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Baseline Preparation.

Shuriken Toss affecting autoattacks.

Hit and Run looks fun as hell.

Marked for Death looks fun as hell.

I am not unimpressed.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

The nerf to Blade Flurry seems pure overkill considering Combat's AoE in general is extremely weak. Between the 20% energy reduction and only melee attacks transferring only transferring 25% of their damage, it seems like it would just be a dps loss to ever use Blade Flurry. Unless they buff Combat's FoK and Crimson Tempest, the spec will be pretty useless outside of single target damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Prep going baseline is amazing. I didn't think they would actually do it. Hit and run looks cool but not sure how useful other than quick escape flag grabs. Marked for death looks very nice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    I though the same at first, but tbh it's kinda silly you almost have to change to combat when there's a cleave option purely because of Bladef Flurry, even if your geared to another spec you'll get higher dps still. As long as they boost combat enough to make up for the huge nerf then it's probably a good idea.
    Well I am going to assume that Blizz don't want Rogues feeling obligated to play as Combat for the advantage it brings on certain fights. A normal personal would consider giving the ability, or version of it to the other specs. Blizz logic however is to make it just flatly unattractive.

I honestly wouldn't see myself putting Blade Flurry on my bars in that state; 20% lower energy regen for only a quarter of my damage hitting another target? I'm certain full dps on a single target would win out.

What's wrong with making it a Rogue ability or giving each spec a cleave option? If it's an issue remove it altogether instead of nerfing it that badly. :|

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilate View Post
    The nerf to Blade Flurry seems pure overkill considering Combat's AoE in general is extremely weak. Between the 20% energy reduction and only melee attacks transferring only transferring 25% of their damage, it seems like it would just be a dps loss to ever use Blade Flurry. Unless they buff Combat's FoK and Crimson Tempest, the spec will be pretty useless outside of single target damage.
    i dont get it either why they nerfed BF by half FoK and CT dmg is just so low i hardly ever use it if they wanted to do it right they have to buff vitality by like 20% more ap to compensate the low aoe damage. also MfD talent is idk i think i wont pick it because i hardly pvp and a 1 min CD with a garanteed 5cp finisher is hardly better then anticipation but thats just my opinion
    Last edited by Koji2k11; 2012-12-22 at 01:52 AM.

Deleted
    I honestly wouldn't see myself putting Blade Flurry on my bars in that state; 20% lower energy regen for only a quarter of my damage hitting another target? I'm certain full dps on a single target would win out.
    I don't think so to be honest, +25% damage at the cost of roughly 3-4 energy per second seems like a good trade. But this is just the PTR, I'm sure things will get balanced in a way to make Blade Flurry a DPS increase when you can hit a second target with it.

To the post above me, Combat isn't that far off in single target fights compared to the other two specs. Combat is getting a 5% attack power boost, I can see Combat easily becoming what it was in Dragon Soul.

Deleted
    Would be nice to see something done with Slice and Dice, it's the whole reason our specials hit like wet noodles. I don't see the problem with poisons but our auto-attack damage has been too big a part of our damage for too long.

Another nice change would be to energy regen; we have three specs that do the same job but get energy back 3 different ways. With Assa and Sub needing to spend combo-points to gain it and then keep it ticking (with Rupture and Slice and Dice) while Combat gets it essentially passively. It would be nice to either have a shared class regen mechanic or bring the individual versions in line. I cannot state how much I hate needing Rupture purely for a CHANCE at energy ticks.

Still plenty of positive changes here so far, can't wait to see if we get some more lovins comin. :P

yeah the blade flurry nerf, though I think needed, does seem overkill. Time will tell if it balances out the energy loss now (or if they glyph will change again).

Looks like Marked for Death is actually going to be replacing Versatility then as a lvl 90 talent, and Hit and Run is replacing preparation (which is now baseline) for lvl 60. I think Hit and Run might seem a bit of a weak choice compared to Shadowstep and burst of Speed, though it does make the lvl 60 talent very much "Choose your gap closer".