Page 3 of 75 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The bomb will still crit but none of the following spells will have a shatter crit rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Methusula View Post
    Tis k. I do that all the time.
    Oh man you should see me at 3AM.

Generally, my brain shuts off after 12M, but I haven't gotten much sleep for the last week

Quote Originally Posted by lhehitman View Post
    So am i understanding the shatter nerf that if you have a frost bomb on a target and deep freeze them to make sure it crits, the frost bomb will crit and break the deep freeze because of the new shatter mechanic? Instead of being able to deep freeze, ensuring a bomb crit and having a fb lance combo benefiting from shatter like currently?
    Yes, but keep in mind these are all Datamined stuffs...

Guys, Ghostcrawler has just confirmed that the Datamined notes are not complete and may be wrong*!

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Please remember that as talented as data miners are, they can't mine everything, and many changes may seem perplexing taken out of context.
    Source: https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...00319780712448

So while the Deep Freeze nerf looks terrifying for PvP, we'll probably be compensated in some way. Also remember, these are just preliminary DATAMINED PTR notes.

* He didn't actually say wrong, but in a way, he kinda did indirectly. Also keep in mind "may" is a very iffy word.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

As a theoretical example, you can't usually tell if we nerfed a glyph because we baked in the old effect as a base mechanic.
    Called it. They totally baked Inferno Blast into the spell.

I'm no person to judge mages because I dont have one but when I see streams of Mages 1v2 teams at fairly high ratings while they are hardly even concentrating I feel something might be wrong.

The nerfs still seem a little excessive though.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamSpyre View Post
    Called it. They totally baked Inferno Blast into the spell.
    Could you explain this a bit more? Confused at the point and even what you're talking about .-.

---------- Post added 2012-12-21 at 10:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by orangelemonrain View Post
    I'm no person to judge mages because I dont have one but when I see streams of Mages 1v2 teams at fairly high ratings while they are hardly even concentrating I feel something might be wrong.

Datamined info. I'll gladly give up Deep Freeze if we get compensated in another way that ISN'T Frostbolt (because trying to cast in PvP is just murder on us).

Also, I'd love to see said streams. I can't begin to imagine how carried the other team was, or that they were fighting a guy who was carrying someone else. We really aren't as powerful as people think.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Oh, just that they put the spread mechanic directly into Fire/Inferno Blast directly into the spell. It's my guess that they put the NT/FB/LB mechanic into the base spell as well. The glyph will be used just for fire now to increase the spread of Pyro etc. That's just my thought at least, what I quoted was something GC said on his twitter that makes me feel like I'm right.

Not quite sure what to make of the Mana changes for Arcane, i do infact think that Scorch Weaving, while obviously increased in mana, is slightly nerfed, it could still be possible, but you'd need alot of haste to pull it off perhaps.. or alot of good RNG on AM procs.

The way i see it is that this shouldnt be judged too much until people have actually tested it a bit on PTR, although as far as im concerned, even if we did revert back to stacking our charges up, using our Missiles procs and then clearing with ABarr, i shouldnt think that would be a major problem, since Scorch Weaving and Clearing with ABarr are supposedly similar in numbers currently arent they?

15+ Year Old Account
    with "rop" nerf.. by the time we get to mid way next tier anyways, we'll have haste to cover the mp5 loss...

but it looks like arcane getting slight buffs on charges...

and more hate on fire.
    guess i'll have to keep playing fire :3

feels lke they are discouraging us sitting for 6stack of AC. they should really look into AM proc rate --- 40% is just too pitiful atm
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Tier set icons, if anyone cares;

Raid:

Looks sort of dragon themed

PvP:

Quote Originally Posted by spaace View Post
    Am I the only Mage who reads changes?

Charges ARE NOT GETTING BUFFED (as far as the datamined info says). THIS HAS BEEN LIVE SINCE 5.1 >_>; (I've also said this at least once or twice above)

and more hate on fire.
    Explain how? They're increasing the Spread.

The CM "nerf" only shows through text, but the actual tooltip is just a tooltip change from 1.5 to 1.3 (1.3 being live atm).

Again, you should REALLY read hotfixes.

---------- Post added 2012-12-21 at 10:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    That's a belt? Looks like a shield.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2012-12-22 at 03:44 AM.

Looks like a 1.5% buff to Frost PvE. Also helps with Frost's low scaling. I'll take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    That's a belt? Looks like a shield.
    The URL says belt.
    Also;

Turns out WoWhead's got partial (unfortunately beltless) working models.
    I actually quite like it, but the hat clips on a gnome (when do they not?) so I probably won't end up using it.
    Last edited by Imnick; 2012-12-22 at 04:21 AM.

with "rop" nerf.. by the time we get to mid way next tier anyways, we'll have haste to cover the mp5 loss...

and more hate on fire.
    guess i'll have to keep playing fire :3
    Stay strong, brother.

10+ Year Old Account
    That Deep Freeze nerf is so freaking stupid. I don't even play a mage anymore, but even I know DF was a part of the mage his burst. Really stupid nerf, hope it gets reverted :/

edit: Will mages now go for the Frostjaw talent? I know RoF is still really strong, but seeing as frost mages will partially lose a lot of their burst...

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Holy deep freeze nerf, batman. That is not a fun or interesting change, I do not like

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by orangelemonrain View Post

So because a rank 1 extraordinarily talented mage can 1v2 against random scrubs, mages need nerfing? Fantastic logic.

Deleted
    Deep Freeze Spells which benefit from Shatter will break this effect.

If this goes live, frost mage will be utterly useless in pvp.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Mage

Invocation now removes Evocation's cooldown and reduces its channeling time and duration by 50%. A completed Evocation now grants 15% increased damage (was 25%) for 1 minute (was 40 seconds) after an Evocation is completed. Passive mana regeneration is reduced by 50% only while Invoker's Energy is active.
    Greater invisibility now has a 90 second cooldown (was 2.5 minutes).
    Frostbolt cast by Mirror Images now deals 50% more damage.
    Improved Counterspell has been removed.
    Glyph of Fire Blast has been replaced with Glyph of Inferno Blast. Glyph of Inferno Blast causes damage over time effects spread by Inferno Blast to spread to 1 additional target.
    Blazing Speed can now be triggered at will.
    Cold Snap now heals the Mage for 15% of maximum health when used (was 30%).
    Ice Floes now has a 45 second cooldown (was 1 minute).
    Scorch now costs 3.5% of base mana (was 0.1%).
    Arcane
    Arcane Blast's mana cost has been increased to 1.66667% of base mana (was 1.5%).
    Frost
    Frostbolt now deals 24% more damage, but its debuff no longer increases subsequent Frostbolt damage.
    Water Elemental
    Freeze no longer does damage, and only provides Fingers of Frost on a successful freeze.

Deleted
    "Invocation now removes Evocation's cooldown and reduces its channeling time and duration by 50%. A completed Evocation now grants 15% increased damage (was 25%) for 1 minute (was 40 seconds) after an Evocation is completed. Passive mana regeneration is reduced by 50% only while Invoker's Energy is active."
    Possibly the greatest quality of life change so far, I hope this goes live.