Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by villie View Post
    I'm assuming that by this you mean fire is fine, which it is, in bis/great gear. At low gear lvls it's (...) The point I was making was I just don't want the devs to make sweeping changes that could potentially break the class and let these changes roll with the next patch as they have had no feedback via the ptr due to lack of people testing and providing meaningful data.
    Situation when you dont have only 1 spec choosen from 90% of all mage raiders you are calling "break the class" ?

Situation when 1 spec is not totally OP you are calling "break the class" ?

Please tell me whats the definition of "break the class" for you ?

Ill write this again - i would love to see that Blizzard would break warlocks same as they breake mages. Becouse warlocks need that atm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kandalanu View Post
    Situation when you dont have only 1 spec choosen from 90% of all mage raiders you are calling "break the class" ?

Ill write this again - i would love to see that Blizzard would break warlocks same as they breake mages. Becouse warlocks need that atm.
    the problem with that is that when they try and break the lock class they actually end up buffing them instead. and just to be clear, mages have not now nor have they ever been broken, they have always and always will be worth bringing to a raid. you cant say that about any other class. and to make it even more clear, fire got a nerf bcoz they desperately deserved it, you cant say that about any of the lock specs as none of them were as far ahead as fire.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kandalanu View Post

You think that warlocks need nerfing??? Well they are mate if you read the patch notes.

I think you've misunderstood what I'm trying to say so let me try again.

The point I was making was that the fire nerfs came AFTER patch 5.1 meaning clearly they were ignoring the data from the ptr as the 5.1 patch was actually a buff to fire mages with the combustion change, requiring hotfix changes that were very heavy handed and subsequently needed minor buffing. These changes should have come on the ptr where they have free reign to buff and nerf to their hearts content to fine tune the numbers without affecting the live game. Ergo what worrys me is that changes made with the next list of lock nerfs/buffs will ship with 5.2 without decent testing and COULD be very damaging for the class. I've never said mages were broken, fire now just plays clunky and frustrating with bad gear and great with good gear, it's the manner of how these changes happened which was the problem and I don't want a repeat with locks!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    the problem with that is that when they try and break the lock class they actually end up buffing them instead. and just to be clear, mages have not now nor have they ever been broken, they have always and always will be worth bringing to a raid. you cant say that about any other class. and to make it even more clear, fire got a nerf bcoz they desperately deserved it, you cant say that about any of the lock specs as none of them were as far ahead as fire.
    I don't think they try to "break" the class. Most of the time we get better, it isn't through direct buffs to Warlocks, but rather indirectly through nerfs to other classes.

To say Mages have never been broken clearly didn't play the game in T11. And to be honest, I've not had a Mage with any regularity in raid for years, and only on Spine have I ever thought I wished I had one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I don't think they try to "break" the class. Most of the time we get better, it isn't through direct buffs to Warlocks, but rather indirectly through nerfs to other classes.

To say Mages have never been broken clearly didn't play the game in T11. And to be honest, I've not had a Mage with any regularity in raid for years, and only on Spine have I ever thought I wished I had one.
    Whut? I remember tearing it up in t11 on my arcane mage, simcraft data backs it up too. Tier 11 and 12 were dominated by arcane mages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post
    Whut? I remember tearing it up in t11 on my arcane mage, simcraft data backs it up too. Tier 11 and 12 were dominated by arcane mages.
    As I recall, pre 4.0.6, Mages didn't have a single viable spec. Arcane only became good after the mana costs for everything were significantly reduced in that patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    As I recall, pre 4.0.6, Mages didn't have a single viable spec. Arcane only became good after the mana costs for everything were significantly reduced in that patch.
    I'm pretty sure fire was one of the top specs in game pre-4.0.6... Might not remember it exactly well, but that's what I thought after shadow, survival, and boomkins.

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    I'm pretty sure fire was one of the top specs in game pre-4.0.6... Might not remember it exactly well, but that's what I thought after shadow, survival, and boomkins.
    Fire couldn't even afford to cast fireballs for very long periods of time but had to scorch weave a bunch because of general mana problems. Mages were really bad overall until the first set of changes after the expansion. Also tier 11 4 piece (10% haste on main spells) was instrumental in keeping them viable (and with proper gear could finally perform well) until they got buffed proper in firelands patch to go on without the bonus.

Anyway lets not derail further

FWIW - intial testing on PTR shows that Soul Leech is awful, the GoSac nerf was way too much and they overbuffed a number of other classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    FWIW - intial testing on PTR shows that Soul Leech is awful, the GoSac nerf was way too much and they overbuffed a number of other classes.
    Is PTR up? or did you have a source who is part of an initial test.

Initial testing on PTR shows that I don't give a damn, and I just want to go get my green fire already

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    Is PTR up? or did you have a source who is part of an initial test.
    PTR is indeed up and running! Poorly, but it's running!

10+ Year Old Account
    How is it awful? Does the bubble just not stack at all?

Quote Originally Posted by zinnin View Post
    How is it awful? Does the bubble just not stack at all?
    It does stack but how often will you find yourself in a situation where the bubble you get isn't even going to get the opportunity to stack? 100k Haunt = 20k shield that can stack with MG ticks (assuming MG ticking for 20k = 2k shield per tick, so 10k shield for a full cast). Will hardly mitigate anything in any raid. Pretty bad, imo.

the GoSac nerf was way too much
    Yes....MOAR MOAR!!! MWHAHAHA

But really i wouldnt worry to much right now surely more balance changes will come as testing goes on longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Heatuss View Post
    Yes....MOAR MOAR!!! MWHAHAHA

But really i wouldnt worry to much right now surely more balance changes will come as testing goes on longer.
    I'm not really that worried about it right now - just disappointing lol.

It does stack but how often will you find yourself in a situation where the bubble you get isn't even going to get the opportunity to stack? 100k Haunt = 20k shield that can stack with MG ticks (assuming MG ticking for 20k = 2k shield per tick, so 10k shield for a full cast). Will hardly mitigate anything in any raid. Pretty bad, imo.
    It's the exact same thing as taking the live version of Soul Leech, except that the healing coming off of that is mostly going towards overhealing more often than not. And many people still take it.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by villie View Post
    You think that warlocks need nerfing??? Well they are mate if you read the patch notes.

I think you've misunderstood what I'm trying to say so let me try again.

The point I was making was that the fire nerfs came AFTER patch 5.1 meaning clearly they were ignoring the data from the ptr as the 5.1 patch was actually a buff to fire mages with the combustion change, requiring hotfix changes that were very heavy handed and subsequently needed minor buffing. These changes should have come on the ptr where they have free reign to buff and nerf to their hearts content to fine tune the numbers without affecting the live game. Ergo what worrys me is that changes made with the next list of lock nerfs/buffs will ship with 5.2 without decent testing and COULD be very damaging for the class. I've never said mages were broken, fire now just plays clunky and frustrating with bad gear and great with good gear, it's the manner of how these changes happened which was the problem and I don't want a repeat with locks!!!
    Don't you know where you are!? How dare you make sense and be well thought out you bastard!!!!1111 jk's
    I couldn't agree more.
    But you know, ptr is like live, in that you have some players who never do anything wierd, who test things, and send in feedback, and then you have the 'fun' bunch, they have their place too...but of the first group, the ones who test? Yah welll, some of them are not so nice too, false info, damning reports, all to slide the scale against classes they do not play.
    For example, the steady steam of butthurt tanks over the lock-tanking fiasco.

I hope Blizz GM's have an app for that called bullshit detector. Even still, they need a new version.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Shield stacks and its capped to current hp of warlock. Managed to get the shield to about 447k and cap it after a few minutes of dpsing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by n0n3 View Post
    Shield stacks and its capped to current hp of warlock. Managed to get the shield to about 447k and cap it after a few minutes of dpsing.
    It's an outside chance, but does it negate Life Tap damage? Cause in my opinion it sucks being a drain on healer mana, even if slightly through Life Tapping. Though you could argue that we prevent damage that needs to be healed so we can then "use" that saved mana to Life Tap. Ultimately we'll need to see it in action in raids & organised PvP to see how well it works though, so we'll see.

Considering other absorbs don't take the damage from Life Tap I'd be highly surprised if this one did.