Burning rush + dark bargain/sac pact + kjc for some fun pvp!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    I know that. It is still very poor design that a demo lock is not capable to get full use of a cd on pull that most of their dps is based around. Blizzard knows this, and instead of fixing the issue they create a temporary set bonus that will fix the issue.
    It's not an issue, because the output isn't balanced around it; we know this because it's competitive. The set bonus does nothing to 'fix it' because it doesn't need fixing.

Blizzard knows this, and instead of fixing the issue they create a temporary set bonus that will fix the issue.
    It wouldn't be the first time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by neubs986 View Post
    Not really, because it's ONLY during DS. Which, to be honest, Haunt should be up 100% of the time in this window anyway. For affliction this 2set is pretty bad, actually, as it will only lead to shard capping during DS.
    And how do you get full shards for DS? By throttling your usage elsewhere in the fight.

2piece looks nice, it lets us go into DS with 2 shards instead of trying to go into it with 4, even if it's not a huge raw dps boost, it'll open up some utility breathing room where you get situations like Wind Lord heroic add respawns, but a burn phase is coming soon, so you have to hold yourself back from SB:COE / SOCing them unless you're confident you can gain the shards back before the burn phase etc.

It's not brokenly out of control, but I think it's a nice set bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Micke View Post
    The shield has the same size as it does on live, the only change is you pay 25% less health for it. They are buffing it because it is not a popular talent I believe.

---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 09:12 AM ----------

It is competitive, there is more to being a good raider than who tops the overall damage meter (not saying it can't).

I understand the absorption amount is the same size as live, but the fact that before it costs you 50% of your health to make the shield, as apposed to only 25% now is a huge buff. Now, everyone will be taking Sac Pac if they're going to get GrimSacrifice.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    You do use all your cooldowns at the pull, and with Imps you'll even have enough Fury to get some decent Meta time in there too before you need to re-cast HoG. The bonus is an actual bonus, it's not there to buff your already, not insubstantial 'pull spike' and put the spec back to the retarded state of 4.2 MWC "get the pull wrong and fail for the encounter" model.
    I know that. It is still very poor design that a demo lock is not capable to get full use of a cd on pull that most of their dps is based around. Blizzard knows this, and instead of fixing the issue they create a temporary set bonus that will fix the issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greywardenn View Post
    I think the whole issue with Demo during Cata (where you popped everything at start and hope you got it right or your DPS was crap) is why Blizz doesn't let Demo start off with a high Fury pool. The whole reason Demo was revamped was to prevent exactly what you want lol.

Oh for the love of...

Before you knock Demonology, go get good at it and play it. Learn it. Don't just assume you know what you're talking about.

I can, and will produce math that will shut down any argument about Demonology having Fury generation problems. I'd rather not waste my time, so I'll say this instead. I know how to play Demonology properly. I leave my opening CD rotation with more Fury than I started with, and my Meta uptime is 90+% from the time I pop Dark Soul (1 pre-casted Shadow Bolt and 3 globals into the fight) until it falls off 20 seconds later. I literally spend 2 globals of that 20 seconds outside of Meta.

Please stop making posts about Demonology if you don't know how to play it.
    Last edited by Teye; 2013-01-10 at 04:46 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    Oh for the love of...

Before you knock Demonology, go get good at it and play it. Learn it. Don't just assume you know what you're talking about.

I can, and will produce math that will shut down any argument about Demonology having Fury generation problems. I'd rather not waste my time, so I'll say this instead. I know how to play Demonology properly. I leave my opening CD rotation with more Fury than I started with, and my Meta uptime is 90+% from the time I pop Dark Soul (1 pre-casted Shadow Bolt and 3 globals into the fight) until it falls off 20 seconds later. I literally spend 2 globals of that 20 seconds outside of Meta.

Please stop making posts about Demonology if you don't know how to play it.
    If you spend more than 1 gcd outside of meta during dark soul it's not really optimal. I think you are too self centered to see the issue.

Just looked at the T15 set bonus, and what crap! They are nerfing GoSac by 5% then if you get your t15 4 piece they buff mg by 5%. Why waste thier time doing either, they could just leave it the same and not give us a 4 piece bonus. What a joke!

The PTR is even more broken now. :P

Quote Originally Posted by roflmfao View Post
    Just looked at the T15 set bonus, and what crap! They are nerfing GoSac by 5% then if you get your t15 4 piece they buff mg by 5%. Why waste thier time doing either, they could just leave it the same and not give us a 4 piece bonus. What a joke!
    You clearly don't seem to understand why they are nerfing GoSac so please don't call it a joke.

Deleted
    It's almost like affliction was borderline overpowered and the other two specs needed some help catching up!

I can't say I'm particularly fond of bandaid fixes via tier sets (T13s doomguard "fix" was bad enough), but it's silly calling it a joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not everyone is using GoSac...
    Also, while the damage with GoSac gets nerfed from 150% to 145%, which actually is 3.33% nerf.
    The 5% buff from setbonus is a 5% buff on that 145%, so 152.5% damage, which happens to be a 1.7% increase compared to unnerfed GoSac.

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Not everyone is using GoSac...
    Also, while the damage with GoSac gets nerfed from 150% to 145%, which actually is 3.33% nerf.
    The 5% buff from setbonus is a 5% buff on that 145%, so 152.5% damage, which happens to be a 1.7% increase compared to unnerfed GoSac.
    Wow! Now that I realize it's a 1.7% increase I just cant wait to farm it up!

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow! Now that I realize it's a 1.7% increase I just cant wait to farm it up!
    In other words It's a bandaid; So original Blizzard.

Can someone who is on the PTR test UA dispel dmg after this buff? What is the average dmg? I would imagine it needs to be 15-20% of a healthpool to be effective.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by junn View Post
    Can someone who is on the PTR test UA dispel dmg after this buff? What is the average dmg? I would imagine it needs to be 15-20% of a healthpool to be effective.
    Just look at what you hit now with the dispel, do it x2.14 ( This is taking resilience and pvp power in account) and you got your answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Just look at what you hit now with the dispel, do it x2.14 ( This is taking resilience and pvp power in account) and you got your answer.
    I havent played Aff pvp this expansion. What does it normally hit for? And I think it should be X 2.28 as the base dmg is increased by 14%, and crits are double dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    I'd like to know how good are a those ToC/SF cost reductions for Demos; because i'm still dreaming of a world where i pull the same damage as Affliction using demo spec.

The increased fury per SB/SF looks so tiny i won't even notice i'm going meta faster.
    I'm salivating over that 2 piece bonus, here's hoping for some lucky rolls in normal/LFR. As for the 4p, they might be afraid to turn it up higher than that considering the meta uptime we'll be getting with the 2p, although I see them increasing if they feel it's suitable. The only spec that doesn't get increased secondary resource generation for 4p is affliction, and I think it might be for the same reason: that they're trying not to overtune resource generation with what the 2p gives you.
    When Dalaran is ashes, mage, you have my permission to die.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    Item - Warlock T15 DPS 2P Bonus (New) While Dark Soul is active, your chance to trigger Nightfall is increased by 30%, Chaos Bolt and Shadowburn consume 20% less Embers, and abilities cost 30% less Demonic Fury.
    Affliction : ~0.7 additional shards / 2 min
    During the 20s of DS, the number of corruption (or MG-induced corruption ticks) will be ((20/2.0) + (20/1.0))*(1+haste%). ~6k5 haste rating under DS => 57,5% haste, 104,8% with BL : let's assume 60% as a reference. This yields 48 occasions for nightfall to proc, and with 5% avg proc chance, 2.4 procs on average during dark soul (consistent with my in-game experience). The 2P bonus is thus worth 2.4*0.3 ~= 0.7 additional shards / 2 min.

Destruction : ~0.8 additional embers / 2 min
    The computation is easier here, assuming stacked embers for up to 4 CB/SB casts under DS (maybe 5 because of this very bonus and of the 4P), the 2P is worth 0.8 additional embers / 2 min.

Demonology : ~208 additional demonic fury / 2 min
    For each ToC cast, we save 40*0.3 = 12 demonic fury. Number of casts is (20/1.5)*(1+haste%). ~3k5 haste rating => 13.4% haste, 47,4% with BL : let's assume 15% as a reference. The 2P bonus is worth 184 additional demonic fury / 2 min. With two ToC being replaced by Doom (cost = 80 fury), this is an additional 2*(80-40)*0.3 = 24 fury saved (208 total).

Comments :
    Affliction 2P is really crappy, Destruction & Demonology 2P effects look a bit better, but still pretty weak imo. If anyone can provide a reliable estimate of how much additional damage an additional soul shard (resp. burning ember, demonic fury point) is worth, we could easily derive %dps increases, but my guess is <1% for all three specs, <0.5% for affliction.

Quote Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    Item - Warlock T15 DPS 4P Bonus (New) Your Malefic Grasp and Drain Soul deal 5% more periodic damage, your Incinerate has a 8% chance to generate twice the normal Embers, and your Shadow Bolt and Soul Fire grant 5% more Demonic Fury.
    Affliction : ~2.54% DPS increase
    Assuming 50.8% of our single target DPS is from MG, DS or the induced dots ticks (from Simcraft T14H), 4P is worth 0.05*50.8% = 2.54% DPS increase.

Destruction : ~0.56 additional embers / 2 min
    Assuming ~30% crit for incinerate (from Simcraft T14H), each incinerate generates 0.13 embers (on average). Assuming 53.7 incinerate casts / 2 min (from Simcraft T14H, 268.3 casts over 600s), the 4P is worth 53.7*0.13*0.08 = 0.56 additional embers / 2 min.

Demonology : ~42 additional demonic fury / 2 min
    Assuming 16.7 SB and 14.2 SF casts / 2 min (from Simcraft T14H, 83.3 resp. 70.8 casts over 600s), the 4P is worth (16.7*25 + 14.2*30)*0.05 = 42 additional demonic fury / 2 min.

Comments :
    Note that as these bonuses build on fillers, their values decreases in multitarget situations. This time around, destruction and demonology (especially !) bonus seem very weak for a 4P. Affliction is around the average expected from a set bonus.

Please comment and/or point out any mistake !
    Last edited by Surutcra; 2013-01-11 at 07:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pongueur View Post
    Affliction : 0.66% to 2.54% DPS increase
    The value of this set bonus highly depends on whether this 5% increase includes MG/DS-induced dots ticks.
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...-bonus-issues/

"The Affliction Warlock 4T15 bonus increases the damage of Malefic Grasp itself, and the extra ticks triggered by it. Same with Drain Soul."
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.