Page 5 of 135 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I honestly am quite shocked to see people surprised they are getting a nerf. Fear it, coming 5.2 locks will be nerf, and not lightly. The afflict spec is OP, there is such a huge gap between this spec and any other in the game I am actually very shocked it wasn't nerfed in 5.1. Currently I have a lock with 488(tsulong sword in nm and still some crappy blue gear) and a 501 SP(bis weap elegon trinket hm 4p etc). And I am doing more damage on the lock. Not by much, and on a couple of fight I did better as a SP but not so much. It is a complete joke that a a class with 13ilvl difference can outperform the better geared(and no I am a way better SP than lock, good deal of good ranking).
    Locks damage will be nerf on a great deal of areas, if not its gona be my main in 5.2. The class is absurdly strong in every aspect of the game(single target/ aoe/ heavy mouvement etc). I honestly would not have minded if we were in a t11 situation were skill was the factor between the 3 best specs at the time(locks/sp/boomkin), but it is no longer the case, affliction had a massive revamp and are the number one dps on single target(and by far when movement is included) where the other 2 "multi doting" specs were still pretty weak(moonkin not so much, but sp is really crappy on single target fights). I say locks will be nerfed, not by rage, but because it will be so. In t11, they were nerfed(with the other 2 dotters) for a weaker gap.

Honestly a 5% nerf on something that represents less then 20% of your dps is a joke(haunt/mg/drain soul) and should be much more. Currently locks in full bis is the only caster to have INTEL rated so high. Siming intel with a full bis list will rate intel at nearly 5. The best second caster would barely go past 4. This is a huge scaling problem, meaning intel scales better on a locks than any other caster:S

Anyway whats to be understood is that you should expect nerfs, and not get your heads up for 5.2(apart from green fire). If you do not believe me, go to raidbots.com and see the current spec score(best indicator of the effectivness of a spec) and see for yourselves how much of a gap there is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except for the part where GC stated that Affliction damage is fine. The GoSac nerf is a slight nerf, and I honestly wouldn't expect a huge nerf aside from that. I'd also expect a significant buff to Destro and Demo, since there is no denying that the two are miles behind.

I also don't understand your QQ about Warlock AoE. Affliction AoE is pitiful and hardly worth the time. Unless you're talking about Demo/Destro, in which case you'd be correct, but those two are miles behind Afflic in single target.

Admit it, the only reason you're "predicting" these 5.2 nerfs is so you can point and laugh and say I TOLD YOU SO!

Quote Originally Posted by Falsified View Post
    Honestly a 5% nerf on something that represents less then 20% of your dps is a joke(haunt/mg/drain soul) and should be much more. Currently locks in full bis is the only caster to have INTEL rated so high. Siming intel with a full bis list will rate intel at nearly 5. The best second caster would barely go past 4. This is a huge scaling problem, meaning intel scales better on a locks than any other caster:S
    If it sims out so well then why do aff locks choose a secondary stat over int?

Quote Originally Posted by Falsified View Post
    I honestly am quite shocked to see people surprised they are getting a nerf. Fear it, coming 5.2 locks will be nerf, and not lightly. The afflict spec is OP, there is such a huge gap between this spec and any other in the game I am actually very shocked it wasn't nerfed in 5.1. Currently I have a lock with 488(tsulong sword in nm and still some crappy blue gear) and a 501 SP(bis weap elegon trinket hm 4p etc). And I am doing more damage on the lock. Not by much, and on a couple of fight I did better as a SP but not so much. It is a complete joke that a a class with 13ilvl difference can outperform the better geared(and no I am a way better SP than lock, good deal of good ranking).
    Locks damage will be nerf on a great deal of areas, if not its gona be my main in 5.2. The class is absurdly strong in every aspect of the game(single target/ aoe/ heavy mouvement etc). I honestly would not have minded if we were in a t11 situation were skill was the factor between the 3 best specs at the time(locks/sp/boomkin), but it is no longer the case, affliction had a massive revamp and are the number one dps on single target(and by far when movement is included) where the other 2 "multi doting" specs were still pretty weak(moonkin not so much, but sp is really crappy on single target fights). I say locks will be nerfed, not by rage, but because it will be so. In t11, they were nerfed(with the other 2 dotters) for a weaker gap.

Anyway whats to be understood is that you should expect nerfs, and not get your heads up for 5.2(apart from green fire). If you do not believe me, go to raidbots.com and see the current spec score(best indicator of the effectivness of a spec) and see for yourselves how much of a gap there is.
    Really, such a large gap between Affliction and ANY other spell in the game? Number one spec you say?

http://simulationcraft.org/510/Raid_T14H.html

Yes, I can tell how OP it is by how Arcane dumps all over its chest. Oh and Frost is MILES behind Affliction with that 1.1% difference.

its pretty clear falsified doesnt know anything about high end raiding. i see nothing so far in the patch notes to be upset about. will be glad to be staying lock come 5.2

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by neubs986 View Post
    Really, such a large gap between Affliction and ANY other spell in the game? Number one spec you say?

http://simulationcraft.org/510/Raid_T14H.html

Yes, I can tell how OP it is by how Arcane dumps all over its chest. Oh and Frost is MILES behind Affliction with that 1.1% difference.
    He specifically said to go to raidbots.com, not simcraft. THE REAL DIFFERENCE, not the simulated.

So far I'm fine with most of the changes... Lets face it afflic was a bit over the top in pve....I also think the blood fear change is a little ridiculous

Lets just hope they buff destro and demo single target!

For my part, I'm still waiting for the defensive ability Destro is owed. They took the stun off Rain of Fire but scrapped Cataclysm, and the spec is seriously short a self-peel without it.

Quote Originally Posted by Blutelf View Post
    He specifically said to go to raidbots.com, not simcraft. THE REAL DIFFERENCE, not the simulated.
    Yes, the "real" difference. The place that ONLY looks at the top 100 parses per spec (cause that's reliable), and the place where Affliction is only on top by a small margin on SOME of the fights.

Warlock PvP is so dead. And it was already in a bad shape...shame.

Glyph that boost ember tap by 50% Neh, will never make it live as tap is already one OP heal.

Deleted
    I don't get the Soul Leech change, are those few 1000 heals really out of whack??

GoSac was always going to be adjusted sadly.

Blood Fear is too far, the health cost increase, the cd increase, AND the pointless usage means no-one is going to take it.

Pet silence is bad, really??

Forget T15, season 13 is where it's at!

Well, they ARE listening to us. We told them about mandatory glyphs and they're changing them. They recognize that KjC is flat out better than the other two talents and have made changes, although I'm going to be very pissed with stutter movement and macroing a stopcast.

---------- Post added 2012-12-22 at 09:16 AM ----------

Also remember that the Spell Lock change is just a matter of equality. They probably want to change Blanket silences that are obviously really annoying when playing against a mage. The difference is that mages sync better with the blanket silence than us, so the impact is different. I don't really like the change, but I welcome it if they want things to be "fair".

Quote Originally Posted by Telila View Post
    I don't get the Soul Leech change, are those few 1000 heals really out of whack??
    That was my reaction at first too. But I'm not sure it's actually a nerf once you stop and think about the situation.

The big advantage to the change is that overhealing isn't wasted. Let's assume the shield stacks and rolls as long as you don't go 15s without triggering it. During a raid boss fight you could build up a respectably sized shield during a period of no raid damage, then have it absorb a noticeable amount the next time you take a hit. That's a straight up buff to personal durability, which always makes your healers happy with you.

The situation where it would be a nerf is one where you're constantly low on life (overhealing not an issue) but frequently can't DPS for 15s at a time (shield falls off). Which is what, PvP? I don't honestly know of anyone who was taking Soul Leech in their PvP build as it is. I suppose the other big change is that you can't passively heal from your Life Taps when soloing. Is that still an issue? I've been running Destro so I'm out of touch with how draining Life Tap is these days.

As for the rest of you doomsday people, READ OTHER CLASS PATCH NOTES BEFORE YOU QQ. I'm sure all the other people that constantly have to correct people that just didn't read everything are as sick of it as I am. Mages are NOT keeping their 4 second blanket. Hunters are also getting an increased CD on Silencing Shot.
    Not saying doomsday but have YOU read the other classes. The vast majority of the changes for other classes are buffs. Of the few nerfs other classes are getting most of them are PvP oriented. With the nerfs to locks I feel we will go from the higher end of the dps range to mid-tier. When you consider we don't bring much utilitywise to a majority of fights this will cause less locks to be brought to less to progression fights for guilds than have the classes to replace us.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ahh Warlock getting nerfed in the patch ... I really didnt expect that ... (End of Sarcasm) If we look at the patch notes, nothing addressed to real warlock problems. Not having enough physical protection, destructions damage ...

Maybe make blood fear a passive that activates when the warlock is under 35% hp, the current one is pretty bad. It will fear current target or the closest player to the warlock.
    You have to life tap alot if u play demo due to soulfire mana cost, for affli its not that bad maybe 1-2 times per minute.

Retard updates for warlock... demonology being owned again...
    and with ember tap glyph, every1 will go destro? lame

I dont understand how people can whine about the Soul Leech change, even if the cap is fairly low its better, assuming the percentages stay the same. No more overhealing, and you can stack up a nice shield while there is no damage on the raid, instead of the talent being completely wasted when you dont take damage.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    they said KJC is becoming passive. does that mean it will be baseline and we get another lvl90 talent? or does it mean the talent stays as is but just has the activated effect removed?

Deleted
    The active effect is just removed. No one would ever use it and lose the passive effect for 54s anyway.