Page 2 of 135 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    These are nowhere near final patch notes anyway, the buffs to Destruction are still to be announced *crosses fingers*

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dastey View Post
    I will bet you 50,000 gold that the new glyph of ember tap wont make it live. 38% heals seems a bit over the edge ^^
    Embers are a costly resource; PVP Wise either you nuke or cower in defensive spamming embertap trying not to get global'd.

You would lose that bet :3

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Hmm, that change to Blood Fear happens to be exactly what I've been suggesting.

Don't know what to think about Soul Leech and I'm not sure if Sacrificial Pact really needed to be nerfed in half though...
    The blood fear change is terrible. Blood fear was way to good, but this change is pathetic. Nobody will take this talent if it stays.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gbtg View Post
    lots of warlock pvp nerfs. wtf.
    Yet the thing people cry about the most, Chaos Bolt, stays untouched.... huh?

I did not notice the HP cost... that's just insane.

Soul Leech bubble actually seems better than healing from PvE perspective, unless there is some really small cap on it.
    Sacrifical Pact change also is not that bad, I can't use it with GoSac now because losing 50% health would distract healers from important things. Bubble from pet should give more than 50% of his tiny health though.
    Losing one shard would be a huge nerf, I hope we get 4 as baseline.
    Last edited by Ridcully; 2012-12-22 at 02:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    Embers are a costly resource; PVP Wise either you nuke or cower in defensive spamming embertap trying not to get global'd.

You would lose that bet :3
    I would say Ember Tap is already strong as it is. Buffing it to 38% seems a bit over the top but I certainly wouldn't mind.

Also keep in mind people that I think the GoSaC nerf is meant to be affliction pve nerf. Or perhaps a way to open for a potential DoT damage buff. even though I doubt the latter.
    I really wish they wouldn't nerf our survivability even further though, since its already shit low as affliction. The shield from T1 will have to be insanely strong in order to even consider taking

Good changes so far, hopefully more Affliction changes to come.

In my opinion nerfing destro sac by 20% and affli sac by 10% makes no sense, atm it is significantly stronger for affliction then destruction. Expected them to reduce affliction sac at least down to 40% more damage.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by luckydevours View Post
    In my opinion nerfing destro sac by 20% and affli sac by 10% makes no sense, atm it is significantly stronger for affliction then destruction. Expected them to reduce affliction sac at least down to 40% more damage.
    They didn't nerf sac destro yet rather no info has been seen about it thus we conclude it hasn't changed,

Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    They didn't nerf sac destro yet rather no info has been seen about it thus we conclude it hasn't changed,
    Wowhead says destro sac is down from 25% to 20% more damage. Its even in the overall tooltip: 20% to 45% (ptr) vs. 25% to 50% (live).
    Last edited by luckydevours; 2012-12-22 at 02:34 AM. Reason: Added links

Deleted
    wow, i didnt know soul leech was so Op that it needed to be nerfed to the ground. if it goes live it will be utterly useless for pve locks and lol about blood fear. it will also be one of those utterly useless talents like soul leech will be. i can sorta see why GoSac was nerfed, which from my pov was to bring the grimoire talents in line, and thats fine, but there is no compensation which is bad and it will just hurt lock's overall performance as a nerf to afflic isnt needed at all. luckily it early and there are bound to be more changes, hopefully for the better that wont end up needlessly hurting lock dps.
    Last edited by mmoca748dddcc2; 2012-12-22 at 02:39 AM.

Deleted
    After reading this.. Are we Wlocks this OP that we need nerfs?

Nerf on level 75 talent aka DMG talent - Why in gods name, are we really that powerful?
    The biggest nerf must be removing of the glyph, with one less shard to gain, in nuke / Multi dotting etc, that must be the biggest nerf of them all..

Since I do not PvP on my Wlock, I have no idea what so ever about the BF removal ( w/e )

I've not been reading all the class changes, only my main and two main alts. And I can direcly see that we are getting the bigger nerfs.
    I'm not the top DPS in my guild (Playing 25man) But still I rank almost on every kill these days. So I can't imagine what would happen in 5.2..
    (Yes this is the first "layout" of 5.2 changes, and I would bet 200k gold that they will 'buff' us later on, if not, I would concider changing my game style, going full Destro, tho I think with this changes Affli would not be the best spec to play. (Even if Destro now is boring as hell, it would probably do more DMG))

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by luckydevours View Post
    Wowhead says destro sac is down from 25% to 20% more damage. Its even in the overall tooltip: 20% to 45% (ptr) vs. 25% to 50% (live).
    Ah yes, does look like that from those tooltips. Frontpage MMO-C doesn't have them right yet. I edited in Destro changes before, but took them otu again when I noticed they were just the Affliction tooltip changes. I'll look at it again tomorrow and see if it was changed or not and reflect it in the OP.

Deleted
    well kingpin, the nerf isnt that big tbh. the encounters that afflic is best on will remain the encounters that afflic is best on. nothing will change in that department.

Am I the only one who thinks the Soul Leech change is possibly very fucking nice for PvE? (Depending on the percentages). Absorption is better than healing on any level, so I don't see why people are already calling it crap

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Migas11 View Post
    Yet the thing people cry about the most, Chaos Bolt, stays untouched.... huh?
    It's already been nerfed.

---------- Post added 2012-12-22 at 02:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    So they remove blanket silence, blood fear and put the final blow on enfeeblement without compensating. Meanwhile they throw buffs at rogues again. How can they not see that rogues have WAY more utility than warlocks as it is? I don't understand how they can get so much more love when both have been equally bad (besides the short time demo was the shit). Didn't locks complain enough or what's up with this? I'm glad I don't PvP on my toon.

GoSac changes seems fine. They've been doing their best to try avoid cookie cutter builds so this is good. Same with soul shard/burning ember glyphs if they become baseline.

I did expect some bigger nerfs for Affli's damage output. Maybe I've been overestimating the spec.
    Enfeeblement nerf is already live, they are just changing the tooltip.

10+ Year Old Account
    Granted, Grimoire of Sacrifice is pretty well ahead for Affliction in almost every situation, so they're probably trying to close the gap a little bit.

Not only that, but Warlocks on their current paths are going to end up scaling out of control with gear - especially once we start to his the post-10,000 Haste plateaus and such. I'd think a small nerf would be in order.

Not only that, but PTR isn't even up yet, and we have a long way to go til release day. Don't scream doom and gloom already, guys.

Quote Originally Posted by gbtg View Post
    Spell Lock Counters an enemy's spellcast, preventing any spell from that school of magic from being cast for 6 sec.

old: Spell Lock Silences the enemy for 3 sec. If used on a casting target, it will counter the enemy's spellcast, preventing any spell from that school of magic from being cast for 6 sec.

lots of warlock pvp nerfs. wtf.
    bloodfear was a dumb thing for sure. but ffs, there needs to be a good compensation. warlocks are far from good in pvp atm. instead they nerf our dmg.
    Ok everyone was expecting the blood fear nerf and everyone was also probably predicting it being turned into something that would be pretty useless. the problem is blood fear is one of those abilities that's gonna be either ultra op or super weak. oh well

now the other changes really suck Our first tier of talents was suppose to be all about healing, how the hell is soul leech a healing talent now? they completely went against their own model of "theme" tiers. still I guess we'll have to wait who knows how this talent will work out

spell lock nerf? wtf? why are they adding in all these nerfs that no one was complaining about? I swear when people complain about locks being "op" blizzards doesn't hesitate on that nerf button do they? I guess people are finally gonna stop complaining since all these pvp nerfs will make us a very hard class to lose to now

well I hope they at least they give us that green fire that was dangled in front of us for compensation. If I'm not gonna be a strong class I should at least look really cool when i play lol

Ah well damn, just as I was approaching 90 :P

But the GoSac nerf, 5% isn't alllll that bad, is it? I mean, 5% of 130k is only 6500.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.