Page 9 of 135 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So far all of the changes make sense to me.

Not so surprised.

Grimoire's needed a change since you only used 1 on 15 out of 16 fights.
    The glyphs were dumb in the first place.
    KJC's use effect was weak, I'd say the same about AV too.

So many nerfs, blood fear is now probably the worst talent we have in all tiers
    sac pact, GoSac.... why do they hate us so much???

It just struck me what the design intent for the new Blood Fear is. It's a purely defensive CC. You can't use it to lock down a healer while you go for a kill, or to break up a target's rotation while you're engaged with them, or to prevent someone from running away from you. It does one thing and one thing only; relieve the pressure of an angry melee in your face without having to use a cast time spell, or in fact having to cast anything at all.

As a design intent, I can respect the hell out of it. It's a way to keep CC in the PvP game without it being applied for offensive control the way it is now. The question then is if they can balance it at a point where Warlocks actually want to make use of it. Price the health cost too high* or the effect too weak, and everyone will just take Unbound Will. Make it too strong and the melee will be crying that they can't ever attack a Warlock without getting automatically CCed off. It's a delicate thing and we'll see where it ends up when the patch goes live.

*And really, IMO the whole "health cost" gimmick should be ditched. Long gone are the days when Warlocks could easily shift resources between their health, their mana, and their enemy's health. Paying health without cheap self-healing is a terrible mechanic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dunno. Blood Fear will probably see a couple variations. It really doesn't seem like an absolute trash talent from a pvp standpoint. It reminds me of the Cataclysm spell from the 5.1 PTR. I'd figure out a way of improving it (5.2 blood fear) for pvp basing off their direction they seem to want to take.

GoSac nerf was expected and tbh, 5% is nothing. 10-15% nerf would've warranted necessary outrage. It'll still be better than the other two choices.
    Soul Leach, while not particularly great in pvp I'd imagine, in PVE end game it's actually not bad. Hopefully it scales.

I still think 25% to Sacrificial Pact is a bit much. It's currently one of those talents that doesn't see much uses in the game, if at all (I admittedly use it for Heroic Vizier).
    The glyph of DL/Ember Tap are a bit over the top in every possible situation.

Overall, these 'nerfs' really weren't as bad as they could and have done in the past. And since it's a first build of a content patch, expect things to get nerfed/buffed/changed a lot more. No real reasons to overreact here. Go post to the PTR forums where the devs actually look (lol?).
    Last edited by Moggie; 2012-12-23 at 08:00 AM.

im finding sacrifical pact to be a superior choice to dark bargain and soul link in pvp. I only started using it this weekend but my survivability has shot through the roof. (playing affliction). its only specualtion right now as the what the actual change will be in 5.2, 25% of health and 200% shield or 400% shield? either way i dont see anything in the patch notes that would turn me of to playing affliction in both pvp and pve come 5.2. And lol blood fear, ive been running unbound will + double pvp power trinket and its a much better setup. I found the getting my haste up around 12.5% my fear is down to less then 1.5 second cast and im swiiming in shards. As opposed to fulll mastery, constantly getting my dots dispelled and being shardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Moggie View Post
    GoSac nerf was expected and tbh, 5% is nothing. 10-15% nerf would've warranted necessary outrage. .
    GoSac nerfed from 50% to 45% = 10% nerf, not only 5%.
    Mathematics is an exact science.
    Ghostcrawler is gone, time to celebrate!

Deleted
    GoSac affects all single target spells of Destruction and they nerf it from 25% to 20%.

GoSac affects only some of the single target spells of Affliction (the damage of dem dots is not affected) and they nerf it from 50% to 45%.

Nice going Blizz, but some of us actually know some math. Or, so much for Blizz logic..

Deleted
    This is ridiculous nerfs!?
    Nerfing GoSac, Bloodfear and Sacrificial pact into oblivion...

Blood Fear - Not only is it completely useless against casters and healers. I may be thinking too far outside of the box here but i see people using it to intentionally get diminishing returns on fear in some situations, you can tell your healer to get a dispel ready or you could pop an ability to negate it instantly if you know exactly when your getting feared. Also using fear while having blood fear up would be a bad idea because if you fear a healer? a melee can remove it from them by hitting you as only 1 person an be feared at a time.

Opinions?
    Last edited by Fenzha; 2012-12-23 at 11:23 AM.

itll be fun to see pets get feared by hitting a lock and the lock lose 20% of his health for it
    melee only, on a 30 sec cd, 20% health cost, predictable cc, could it get any worse?
    seriously, wth were they smoking?

Quote Originally Posted by T Man View Post
    new blood fear = natures grasp

Nature's Grasp
    Instant 1 min cooldown
    Requires Druid
    Requires level 52
    While active, any time an enemy strikes the caster they will become afflicted by Entangling Roots. 1 charge. Lasts 45 sec.

Blood Fear
    Warlock - LvL 60 Talent
    20% of Total Health
    Instant 30 sec cooldown
    While active, any time an enemy melee attack deals damage to the caster they will become afflicted by Fear. 1 charge. Lasts 60 sec.
    This makes me believe that since they fired Xelnath warlocks have no developer at all and they just copy paste stuff from other classes?

Deleted
    i´ll reroll, looks like unholy death knights will be the new canon

Deleted
    As i said in another thread about these nerfs; Some warlock must have raped ghostcrawler hard as a kid
    because the amounts of nerfs warlocks are getting patch after patch is pure nonsense. Really pathetic "balancing".

Quote Originally Posted by n0n3 View Post
    This makes me believe that since they fired Xelnath warlocks have no developer at all and they just copy paste stuff from other classes?
    Nature's Grasp
    Instant 1 min cooldown
    Requires Druid
    Requires level 52
    While active, any time an enemy strikes the caster they will become afflicted by Entangling Roots. 1 charge. Lasts 45 sec.

Blood Fear
    Warlock - LvL 60 Talent
    20% of Total Health
    Instant 30 sec cooldown
    While active, any time an enemy melee attack deals damage to the caster they will become afflicted by Fear. 1 charge. Lasts 60 sec.

20% of Total Health is not a copy paste stuff, they nerfed us to the ground; Without 20% of Total Health the talent is weak but not ridiculous.

---------- Post added 2012-12-23 at 12:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    As i said in another thread about these nerfs; Some warlock must have raped ghostcrawler hard as a kid
    because the amounts of nerfs warlocks are getting patch after patch is pure nonsense. Really pathetic "balancing".
    There is a legend saying that Ghost Crawler had a warlock girlfriend in TBC. His girlfriend broke up and he started bragging warlocks.

Coincidence or not, the warlocks in TBC were in their heyday..
    Ghostcrawler is gone, time to celebrate!

Quote Originally Posted by Biruta View Post
    GoSac nerfed from 50% to 45% = 10% nerf, not only 5%.
    Mathematics is an exact science.
    Well, no not really. The difference from 50 to 45 may be 10% but in this case you're losing 5% modification from it, not 10% of the effect it provides.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by n0n3 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Biruta View Post
    There is a legend saying that Ghost Crawler had a warlock girlfriend in TBC. His girlfriend broke up and he started bragging warlocks.
    Coincidence or not, the warlocks in TBC were in their heyday..
    Reminds me why I hate MMO forums so much

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Reminds me why I hate MMO forums so much
    Why dont you leave then?

It's not all bad, only like
    90% bad
    and 40% of that 90% is incredibly bad

How are people making Ember Tap out to be 38%? Before mastery it's 18,6%.

18,6 * 1,5 = 27,9

So it's a 28% (roughly, before mastery) heal. Not that I think it's not strong enough already, I'm just wondering where the numbers are from.

30% is still a lot of healing, especially if you for some reason have sacced the voidwalker and pop his skill.