10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
    But are you sure the book starts the quest? Isn't the book just part of the chain?
    Oh no, I was just checking to see if there was a second part to the book story, not expecting it to give me the start of the questline, especially not since I was on a level 1. And all of that was just an after thought to see if there were actually people in SW, so I could maybe ask a warlock there to check for quests or anything in SW.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dammit all find that book! I'm kinda lazy and don't want to do it myself haha well actually the fact I'm playing other games.

The Enfeeble Knock off sucks... rest of class is O.K tho.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    the problem with that is that when they try and break the lock class
    Blizzard never tried to break ANY class. They was traying to nerf of buff EACH class lot of times, but they NEVER wanted to break any.

mages have not now nor have they ever been broken, they have always and always will be worth bringing to a raid.
    They were broken in panda before combusion nerf - they was doing way way to big numbers.

, fire got a nerf bcoz they desperately deserved it,.
    Yes they deserved it becouse they was broken as a class.

you cant say that about any of the lock specs as none of them were as far ahead as fire.
    Yes i can say that thing about affliction locks. To be fact affliction locks have same problems as fire mages, they have to good scalling, so better gear they have - more broken they are. Ofc we cant say that affli is as far ahead as it was fire mage. Thats why its only 5% nerf for 1 skill, prolly blizzard will change it but they showed what they want to do. Nerf affliction just a bit - cos they need only that kind of small nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by villie View Post
    You think that warlocks need nerfing??? Well they are mate if you read the patch notes.

I think you've misunderstood what I'm trying to say so let me try again.

The point I was making was that the fire nerfs came AFTER patch 5.1 meaning clearly they were ignoring the data from the ptr as the 5.1 patch was actually a buff to fire mages with the combustion change, requiring hotfix changes that were very heavy handed and subsequently needed minor buffing. These changes should have come on the ptr where they have free reign to buff and nerf to their hearts content to fine tune the numbers without affecting the live game. Ergo what worrys me is that changes made with the next list of lock nerfs/buffs will ship with 5.2 without decent testing and COULD be very damaging for the class. I've never said mages were broken, fire now just plays clunky and frustrating with bad gear and great with good gear, it's the manner of how these changes happened which was the problem and I don't want a repeat with locks!!!
    Yes i think so, and yes im happy about that nerf, not only becouse its a nerf but also becouse its not that big nerf. Big nerf is not needed.

About PTR, as you can clearly see problem is scalling and its really hard to catch that kind of problem on PTR. Anyway its not first neither last time when they misses something on PTR or that they didnt leasten to ppl. Not only for locks but for all classes. But still what you wroted is correct. We should go there and test it as many os we can.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kandalanu View Post
    Blizzard never tried to break ANY class. They was traying to nerf of buff EACH class lot of times, but they NEVER wanted to break any.
    that was kinda my point.

They were broken in panda before combusion nerf - they was doing way way to big numbers.
    no, mages werent broken, they were OP as hell, but not broken.

Yes they deserved it becouse they was broken as a class.
    being OP isnt the same as being broken, locks were utterly broken in vanilla for example, mages have never been.

Yes i can say that thing about affliction locks. To be fact affliction locks have same problems as fire mages, they have to good scalling, so better gear they have - more broken they are. Ofc we cant say that affli is as far ahead as it was fire mage. Thats why its only 5% nerf for 1 skill, prolly blizzard will change it but they showed what they want to do. Nerf affliction just a bit - cos they need only that kind of small nerf.
    its funny tho when ppl whine about locks needing nerfs, when nothing what so ever can justify it and just to be clear, having too good scaling doesnt warrant a nerf, especially not when said scaling only comes into play 2 tiers down the road, by that account arcane should be getting a rather significant nerf, but apparently scorch change is enough, which i doubt but meh.

You can't even use zeppelins.

I'm getting a panic attack, stuck in pandaria.

that was kinda my point.

no, mages werent broken, they were OP as hell, but not broken.

being OP isnt the same as being broken, locks were utterly broken in vanilla for example, mages have never been.

its funny tho when ppl whine about locks needing nerfs, when nothing what so ever can justify it and just to be clear, having too good scaling doesnt warrant a nerf, especially not when said scaling only comes into play 2 tiers down the road, by that account arcane should be getting a rather significant nerf, but apparently scorch change is enough, which i doubt but meh.
    Actually, arcane is being nerfed quite a bit. Scorch to break highest dps playstile and RoP mana regen, which means it will be harder to keep highest mastery bonus . Not even mentioning how imobile arcane is compared to aff ...

There are only a few ways to switch between continents at the moment.

Mage solo teleports.
    Engineering teleports (not sure on the Northrend one)
    Misc item teleports (BT neck, Argent tournament tabard, tol barad tabard, etc.)

That said, my lock is an engineer and is on the Codex case! There are no new quests from lock trainers thus far, and since the new areas are either not implemented or barely implemented not much to report there either.
    Last edited by Swishz; 2013-01-03 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerN View Post
    I was going to do some checking on where that damn codex could be from, but not even portals worked on the PTR so.. :P
    It's probably going to be either a drop from Throne of Thunder, a world boss or a random world drop. Blizzard did say only the very lucky or determined would be able to get their hands on it. And when they say "determined", they mean willing to spend gold on buying it from another player who was lucky enough to find it.

Remember, its not the codex you're looking for, it's the Sealed Tome of the Lost Legion - http://www.wowhead.com/item=92426

Now that I think about it, there is an observer demon in the throne of thunder raid who does seem to be a bit lost...
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2013-01-03 at 06:32 PM.

PTR is open only in US?

Quote Originally Posted by Rayaleith View Post
    PTR is open only in US?
    Negative ghostrider, works in EU too.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...-ptr-now-live/
    It should be up in eu according to this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Swishz View Post
    There are only a few ways to switch between continents at the moment.

Mage solo teleports.
    Engineering teleports (not sure on the Northrend one)
    Misc item teleports (BT neck, Argent tournament tabard, tol barad tabard, etc.)

That said, my lock is an engineer and is on the Codex case! There are no new quests from lock trainers thus far, and since the new areas are either not implemented or barely implemented not much to report there either.
    If you have the BT neck, you can get to Kalimdor by talking to the girl in the Shattrath tavern who will teleport you to the Caverns of Time. From there, you can fly up to Orgrimmar if you're Horde and want to get there to look for any Codex stuff (or if you're anybody non-mage who wants to access anything on that continent). It probably still requires revered or whatever with Keepers of Time to get ported, but hey, it worked for me.

Edit: You can also get to Orgrimmar with the old Kirin Tor ring. Use it to port to Dalaran, fly to Scholozar Basin and walk through the portal in the Southwest of that zone which takes you to Un'goro Crater (and fly to Org from there). Works, just tested it.

---------- Post added 2013-01-03 at 03:14 PM ----------

Also of some note - not that this is a Warlock exclusive change, but - you can display health as a total number and as a percentage simultaneously now.
    Last edited by Bigtimmy; 2013-01-03 at 09:02 PM.

“There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”

21 GB... Ffs!

10+ Year Old Account
    I forgot about this item The Last Relic of Argus
    Which can teleport you to random locations in kalimdor and the eastern kingdoms, so I got away from pandaria after all :O

Also of some note - not that this is a Warlock exclusive change, but - you can display health as a total number and as a percentage simultaneously now.
    Finally! best change ever, no longer need to use a damn add-on for it :P

By my stars! ill be a lock forever

I don't know if this really qualifies as something worthy of posting, but it's a cute little footnote in the Codex questline:

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=32313

Anyone who followed the back-and-forth between Xel and the members here might have noticed that some discussions were more contentious than others, particularly when they involved Helheim.

Perhaps Xelnath is getting the last laugh?

(the Alliance version of the quest has us putting Selenora down, who was pretty active in the Beta Feedback section of the US forums IIRC, and may or may not post here)
    Last edited by PickleballAce; 2013-01-03 at 10:04 PM.

Deleted
    Haha you might be right

Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    I don't know if this really qualifies as something worthy of posting, but it's a cute little footnote in the Codex questline:

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=32313

Anyone who followed the back-and-forth between Xel and the members here might have noticed that some discussions were more contentious than others, particularly when they involved Helheim.

Perhaps Xelnath is getting the last laugh?

(the Alliance version of the quest has us putting Selenora down, who was pretty active in the Beta Feedback section of the US forums IIRC, and may or may not post here)
    Holy crap, that is epic.

haha awesome