Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    I don't know if this really qualifies as something worthy of posting, but it's a cute little footnote in the Codex questline:

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=32313

Anyone who followed the back-and-forth between Xel and the members here might have noticed that some discussions were more contentious than others, particularly when they involved Helheim.

Perhaps Xelnath is getting the last laugh?

(the Alliance version of the quest has us putting Selenora down, who was pretty active in the Beta Feedback section of the US forums IIRC, and may or may not post here)
    HAHAHA! That is epic! Damn you Xelnath, I wonder what kind of tricks you had in store for other posters. I'm sure Helheim would be plesed to see this, even though he had tense moments with Xelnath.

Actually, knowing Helheim, he might get relly pissed, or overjoyed because of the dev's malicious motives.
    Last edited by Phoenexis; 2013-01-03 at 11:04 PM.

He'll probably want royalties for his likeness being used in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    It does stack but how often will you find yourself in a situation where the bubble you get isn't even going to get the opportunity to stack? 100k Haunt = 20k shield that can stack with MG ticks (assuming MG ticking for 20k = 2k shield per tick, so 10k shield for a full cast). Will hardly mitigate anything in any raid. Pretty bad, imo.
    Going over my logs I am seeing it as 5k hps on non-damage increased fights. I know it doesn't seem like a lot but with it being a shield now and none of it really going to waste, even if they do nerf its stack cap to 50% health I doubt it would stack that high, you are talking 1.5 million damage prevented over a 5 minute fight. That is a lot of healer mana and time saved when it wont even cost you a single gcd. This change makes soul leech a very attractive alternative on fights that don't have constant ticking damage on the raid and quite possibly the only choice on fights with a damage buff. I don't think anyone here would call getting 1.5 million more damage done pretty bad, don't see why healing would be any different.

Hmm... I see only a blue book behind the warlock trainers. It has a cogwheel cursor but it cannot be used. Don't know if it was here before though.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayaleith View Post
    Hmm... I see only a blue book behind the warlock trainers. It has a cogwheel cursor but it cannot be used. Don't know if it was here before though.
    That's never been there so yes you found a clue to the book thingie.

I find the Soul Leech shield time a bit small. 15 seconds. If you think that only Fel Flame from instants count, you can loose it. For the same reason it ramps up a bit slow (I tested in Raider's training dummy with no buffs though) but when it finishes stacking you have double life. I laughed since I remembered the how to beat boss-warlock jokes back in TBC Almost a million life there :P

---------- Post added 2013-01-04 at 02:49 AM ----------

ok there it is... The cogwheel cursor is not shown in the screenshot but it is there :P

http://i50.tinypic.com/ofzlnc.jpg

Somehow I doubt this is relevant to our quest though.

---------- Post added 2013-01-04 at 02:55 AM ----------

Ok more info. In this PTR build noone can use items. This is why the book does not interact. The same applies to mailboxes, portals etc. So I think we have to wait. But it seems the book is relevant after all.
    Last edited by Rayaleith; 2013-01-04 at 12:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    That's never been there so yes you found a clue to the book thingie.
    That book was around during the Beta. You could read the Legacy of the Masters Part 1 in it. That's not to say it hasn't been updated, but it's likely involved later in the questline and not the place you start.

Edit: It's still there even now on live.
    Last edited by Swishz; 2013-01-04 at 01:02 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swishz View Post
    That book was around during the Beta. You could read the Legacy of the Masters Part 1 in it. That's not to say it hasn't been updated, but it's likely involved later in the questline and not the place you start.

I meant the cogwheel thingie silly lol

Quote Originally Posted by Swishz View Post
    And you can open it? Well, then it might be not relevant. False alarm maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayaleith View Post
    The same book is there on live. I was actually going to post about it earlier before I decided to check the live servers first, lol. It doesn't have a cogwheel, but you can click it and read it. Title of the book is Legacy of the Masters (Part 1).

It's possible that they might change the book to actually do something in 5.2, though. Hence the cogwheel?

“There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”

http://ptr.wowhead.com/quest=32309

Well it starts there (the alliance version but horde is same). And if you see the next steps, you go to Domination Point etc.

Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    I meant the cogwheel thingie silly lol
    That's probably got more to do with the buggy state of interacting with things right now. I'll try some other books out in the world on the PTR and see if they have the same issue.

Edit: Cogwheel only appears for the Legacy of the Masters (Part 1) book of the 5 or 6 books I've tried. The rest have the usual magnifying glass mouseover. Very tentatively it might just be as simple as clicking that book to start. It's still PTR and almost nothing works properly, so who knows.
    Last edited by Swishz; 2013-01-04 at 01:22 AM.

Since all the other quests for the two new zones aren't implemented yet, it's unlikely that the sealed tome is available in the PTR currently. The first week of the PTR usually focuses on making sure everything works (which they definitely are not currently), then they start rolling in new content and further game changes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    no, mages werent broken, they were OP as hell, but not broken.
    Beeing "OP as hell" is same kind of broken class like doing almost no dps. Just need to look a bit wider than only 1-2 specc.

its funny tho when ppl whine about locks needing nerfs, when nothing what so ever can justify it and just to be clear, having too good scaling doesnt warrant a nerf, especially not when said scaling only comes into play 2 tiers down the road
    Its funny that exactly same things was writing fire mages before combustion nerf.

by that account arcane should be getting a rather significant nerf,
    Arcane nerf = scorch nerf

Yes it should be enought.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimmy View Post
    [/COLOR]Also of some note - not that this is a Warlock exclusive change, but - you can display health as a total number and as a percentage simultaneously now.
    For every bar or just for self ? Hopefully all bars, so I can cut out the addon I use that allows display of absolute and relative health simultaneously. Super tiny addon, but every bit helps.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    For every bar or just for self ? Hopefully all bars, so I can cut out the addon I use that allows display of absolute and relative health simultaneously. Super tiny addon, but every bit helps.

That's how it looks, and you use it on yourself, pets, targets. You basically have the option to do numbers or % or both (like shown)

Can EU and US players add each other on PTR? I noticed LFR is mixed so would like to get some Warlock action there to see how the specs are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    Can EU and US players add each other on PTR? I noticed LFR is mixed so would like to get some Warlock action there to see how the specs are doing.
    Since all the PTR servers are located in the US somewhere, I'd say you should be able to add each other. The (US) and (EU) tags are just part of the server names.

Alright, cool. If people wanna test/discuss stuff feel free to add bonkura#2952

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post

That's how it looks, and you use it on yourself, pets, targets. You basically have the option to do numbers or % or both (like shown)
    I really dig that addition.