Page 51 of 135 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Allright, new build, tooltip change for Blood Horror and a change to Eye of Kilrogg when glyphed.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Talents

Blood Horror While active, any time an enemy melee attack deals damage to the caster they will become afflicted by Fear for up to until cancelled. Warlock, the enemy will run in horror for up to 4 sec. Blood Fear lasts 60 sec. Blood Horror lasts 60 sec.

Minor Glyphs

Glyph of Eye of Kilrogg The casting Warlock must be within line of sight of the Eye of Kilrogg to place the Demonic Circle.

No idea why they would nerf a minor glyph (I don't even know many people that use it anyway). I wonder if people were using it to reach areas they were not meant to? Unless it was used in some sort of exploit, it seems like it's just a nerf to fun.

Still looking forward to some damage adjustments, especially to destruction.

They said they were wrapping up the class balance. GC also said they taking the approach "wait and see" to warlocks.

Nevertheless they also said they wanted to "improve" Supremacy pets but guess that got forgotten since they always talk about paladins, warriors and priests

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    They said they were wrapping up the class balance.
    Not from what I've read. They are moving towards more balance changes and away from mechanics changes is what he said in the Class and Item set issues thread. He specifically said to be on the look out for PTR patches with lots of balance changes among all classes to notice when the balance pass was being made.

EDIT: this post he says this: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7811342046#1
    Last edited by xskarma; 2013-02-05 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spektroman View Post
    No idea why they would nerf a minor glyph (I don't even know many people that use it anyway). I wonder if people were using it to reach areas they were not meant to? Unless it was used in some sort of exploit, it seems like it's just a nerf to fun.
    I know that one use I've put it to is to reach treasures in the back of caves without having to fight anything on the way to it. Fly the Eye in, drop the circle, go to the X,Y location above that point, teleport down, grab loot, repeat or hearth to exit.

Maybe they don't like that sort of thing. Maybe there are people getting up to more extreme variants of that trick. Maybe it's an unrelated PvP nerf due to battleground tricks. We'll probably never know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirroth View Post
    Maybe it's an unrelated PvP nerf due to battleground tricks.
    This was my initial thought. I don't PvP enough to know of any specific use like this, but I know there's always people on the look out for tricks they can use.

i still think that the new blood horror needs work. I mean its only useful on melee and not only that but the charge could be used up on someones stupid pet. well at least they changed it to a horror effect.....

In case people missed it, Blood Horror has a 30 sec cooldown. The tier overall is still meh, but 4 sec horror / 30sec CD isn't total trash. Doesn't solve our issues, but will be worth taking vs. melee cleaves.

Semi-related: it's gonna be fun having to /reloadui + retalent every time we Q into a caster cleave just for the privilege of spending 100K+ hp on Unbound Will. Kill the HP costs on spells already.

Yeah I don't see why there needs to be talents that kill us in addition to lifetap. Seems better to just have the talents cost a ton of mana, valued at 20% max health, instead of directly taking health.

I'm frustrated that they are nerfing the range on FnB down to 10 yards from 15. That was one thing that Destruction was exceptional at compared to the other specs (spread out AoE. IE: Ambershaper). Unless they do some pretty significant balance changes, Destro doesn't have anything that it excels at compared to the other specs anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    I'm frustrated that they are nerfing the range on FnB down to 10 yards from 15. That was one thing that Destruction was exceptional at compared to the other specs (spread out AoE. IE: Ambershaper). Unless they do some pretty significant balance changes, Destro doesn't have anything that it excels at compared to the other specs anymore.
    Yeah I saw that in the official patchnotes, wondered what was up with that. I suspect it will have something to do with (R)BG's.

EDIT: I agree though that they have been chipping away at Destro strengths for this patch, and they need to make a good balance pass to ensure Destro stays viable.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2013-02-05 at 07:30 PM.

The nerf to the Eye of Kilrogg glyph kind of sucks, it's currently the only way to get on top of Black Temple But I guess things like that are why they nerfed it...

Deleted
    ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh come on Blizz

Isnt the Seed of Corruption range with MF the same as fnb?

Only that you spam boring seed and go oom instead of fancy (soon to be green) incinerates and instant conflags.

First the nerf to gosac, and now this. Blizzard should give destro some love, i really like the spec, especially when all the affliction fanboys are shocked what dps you can do as destro. (except singletarget maybe :P)

every time they release new patch notes i pray for an immolate buff or something to make destro up to par with the other specs... and every time... i am disappointed

i still have hope they will buff destro at least a little, it would be very silly for them to have this whole quest line for green fire if nobody will be playing it

Deleted
    According to the homepage, do we lose the horror effect again for a normal fear? and nerf Fire & Brimstone? :/

Deleted
    Well they said the balance phase has yet to begin, but we already have a 4% single target & cleave nerf, and an AoE radius nerf.

why warlock's spell "cataclysm" was deleted in ptr, without any change to make it usable against melee? (like thunderstorm, maybe?)

New blood horror is totally useless VS any caster/healer/hunter, is very stupid a talent usable only against few classes. Make it active-effect to choose the target, melee and caster attack.

edit: LOL blood horror > blood fear again, fear effect! LOOOOOOOOL
    Last edited by Xanatas; 2013-02-05 at 09:26 PM.

Warlocks are meant to be the tanky caster in contrast to mages who are the escape artist casters. Warlocks lost their passive damage mitigation in this expansion for defensive cooldowns that get blown through in rapid succession. Blizzard asks themselves "what should we do?", so they give mages a new talent that scales up to 30% passive DR. WE GET GREEN FIRE THO herp derp.
    Those who you know as Warlocks are your Salvation through Destruction. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanatas View Post
    why warlock's spell "cataclysm" was deleted in ptr, without any change to make it usable against melee? (like thunderstorm, maybe?)

New blood horror is totally useless VS any caster/healer/hunter, is very stupid a talent usable only against few classes. Make it active-effect to choose the target, melee and caster attack.

Blizzard thought it would be unfair to other classes to have them deal with a new spell so far into the expansion/arena season.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanatas View Post

An active offensive talent in a defensive tier....... Remind me again how successful that was. So long as it doesn't affect pets (not too happy about the health cost but at least it's a quarter of the original cost, easily covered with Drain Life or healthstone) I have a good feeling about it. Also, yes it's useless against casters/healers/hunters, because it's in a tier designed for us to get out of melee combat....

And, Cataclysm was removed partly as the above said because adding new mechanics in mid-season would be offputting, and partly because it was simple to avoid (just run out and run back in when it's over), buggy (reduced your health to 1 HP whenever you cast it) and achieves the same effect that the new Blood Horror does.

Also, the Blood Horror tooltip icon is. Awesome.