Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

[Patch 5.2] Hunter discussion

Aspect of the Hawk The Hunter takes on the aspects of a hawk, increasing ranged attack power by 10%. 15%.
    Focused Aim Reduces the pushback suffered from damaging attacks while casting Steady Shot and Cobra Shot by 0%. 10%.
    Hotfix Passive (New)
    Hunter's Mark In addition, the target of this ability can always be seen by the Hunter whether it stealths or turns invisible. The target can always be seen and tracked by the Hunter. The target also appears on the mini-map. Arcane Shot, Chimera Shot, Kill Command, and Explosive Shot automatically apply Hunter's Mark.
    Serpent Sting Causes 8,100 Causes 16,200 Nature damage over 15 sec.

Talents

Aspect of the Iron Hawk The Hunter takes on the aspects of an iron hawk, increasing ranged attack power by 10% 15%, and reducing all damage taken by 15%.
    Binding Shot 20 Focus.
    Narrow Escape When you Disengage, you also activate a web trap which encases all targets within 8 yards in sticky webs, preventing movement for 8 sec. until cancelled.
    Powershot Moving targets can avoid this damage.
    Silencing Shot 20 24 sec cooldown.
    Wyvern Sting 10 Focus. 60 45 sec cooldown.

Beast Mastery

Hotfix Passive (New)

Marksmanship

Hotfix Passive (New)

Survival

Hotfix Passive (New)
    Improved Serpent Sting Increases the damage of your Serpent Sting by 50%, and causes it to also deal instant damage equal to 30% 15% of its total periodic effect.

Major Glyphs

Glyph of Liberation Your Arcane Shot, Chimera Shot, Kill Command, and Explosive Shot abilities automatically apply Hunter's Mark. When you Disengage, you are healed for 5% of your total health.

-So, uhh, how about that Powershot. The ability becomes bugged in 5.1, it even gets clarified that its bugged and is a tough bug to fix in a blue post, and instead of fixing it they just update the tooltip. That seems cool.

-Silencing Shot nerfed to make the rest of the tier more attractive, though it will take a whole lot more nerfs to it to make Hunters likely to take any other in PvP. It's rather aggravating that it gets the same cooldown as Counterspell and Spell Lock, but keeps its small effect. Meanwhile, warlock Spell Lock loses its blanket silence, but mage Counterspell gets to stay all-powerful. (Edit: They did actually remove the blanket silence from Counterspell as well, so that is woohoo.)

In conjunction with that, Binding Shot and Wyvern Sting improved to be a bit better to use. A bit.

-Hunter's Mark quality-of-life improvement, so that's good. That's one less mandatory glyph slot for PvE, and a nice self-heal glyph as a replacement. Well-liked.

-Most of it is just tooltip changes that reflect hotfixes that are already implemented, mostly for Serpent Sting and Hawk/Iron Hawk.

For the most part though, we should all be focusing on that little 'change' to Powershot. Everyone should note that they TOLD us that Powershot was BUGGED, and that it would be tough to fix. I don't understand how they could possibly think that people would be okay with them not fixing it and just claiming it to be intentional. Wow. They always seem to out-do themselves in their effort to throw the Hunter community off.

Blue Post earlier on in the patch that agreed that Powershot was, in-fact, bugged.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5967569042#10
    Last edited by Penguintamer; 2012-12-22 at 11:46 PM.

What a joke, "we can't fix Powershot, so let's just say it misses moving targets?" What an insanely lazy design decision.

Watch this, first two ideas off the top of my head:
    1) Increase missile speed of Powershot so it's less likely to miss.
    2) Take Intimidation off GCD so you can stun the target while casting Powershot.

What scares me is they're not even trying to fix Powershot and instead using the change as a cop out, but I'm sure everyone here has missed an immovable target.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguintamer View Post
    -So, uhh, how about that Powershot. The ability becomes bugged in 5.1, it even gets clarified that its bugged and is a tough bug to fix in a blue post, and instead of fixing it they just update the tooltip. That seems cool.
    Where is the blue post stating that it is bugged. I was under the impression that the tooltip was wrong and they have always stated that it is a skill shot.

10+ Year Old Account
    - I'm glad I finally have 3 Major Glyph slots instead of 2
    - I lol'd at the Powershot "fix".
    - Still taking Silencing Shot, they could probably raise it to 1 minute and I'd still take SiShot

Hopefully some more interesting stuff comes down the pipe. Hopefully "interesting" does not mean "we changed our minds about your mobility, here's Sniper Training!" based on GC's ominous Twitter comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Where is the blue post stating that it is bugged. I was under the impression that the tooltip was wrong and they have always stated that it is a skill shot.
    Both. GC stresses it's intended to be a skill shot, but acknowledges that it should not miss targets that are standing completely still at point-blank range and other frustrations.

How can it be a skill-shot? This isn't League of Legends. Ghostcrawler randomly came in and claimed that Powershot was a skill-shot, but that is laughable. The only thing that can be considered a skill-shot in this game is priest's Divine Star talent, because it fires directly in front of them in a line and comes back. Powershot is a targeted ability. You target them, the arrow flies at them and hits them. The only skill-shot portion of it is the fact that if anyone is in the way of the path of Powershot, they'll get hit too.

But right now, Powershot simply isn't hitting the targeted target. That part is supposed to be guaranteed. The skillshot portion is only when there are people between you and the guy you're firing at. It'd be like Polymorph randomly missing a target even though it's a targeted ability.

I dunno if they realize what exactly is wrong with the ability.

How can it be a skill-shot? This isn't League of Legends. Ghostcrawler randomly came in and claimed that Powershot was a skill-shot, but that is laughable. The only thing that can be considered a skill-shot in this game is priest's Divine Star talent, because it fires directly in front of them in a line and comes back. Powershot is a targeted ability. You target them, the arrow flies at them and hits them. The only skill-shot portion of it is the fact that if anyone is in the way of the path of Powershot, they'll get hit too.

But right now, Powershot simply isn't hitting the targeted target. That part is supposed to be guaranteed. The skillshot portion is only when there are people between you and the guy you're firing at. It'd be like Polymorph randomly missing a target even though it's a targeted ability.

I dunno if they realize what exactly is wrong with the ability.
    I say they realize nothing is wrong with it and if the target moves then it shouldn't hit them. The only portion that seems bugged is if it doesn't hit a stationary target. If you don't like how Powershot operates I'd suggest choosing one of the two other talents.

I'm more scared of GT not hitting targets that are moving on a horizontally from you, which still, as far as I know, isn't fixed.

Deleted
    Every class their cc is getting nerfed, They want to have most cc to be on 30sec to 2min cd in 5.2 - so no big deal.

The self heal from disengage should be removed and be built into something else, not sure how though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    Every class their cc is getting nerfed, They want to have most cc to be on 30sec to 2min cd in 5.2 - so no big deal.

The self heal from disengage should be removed and be built into something else, not sure how though.
    The self heal from disengage is only applied through a glyph it's fine as it is.

I say they realize nothing is wrong with it and if the target moves then it shouldn't hit them. The only portion that seems bugged is if it doesn't hit a stationary target. If you don't like how Powershot operates I'd suggest choosing one of the two other talents.
    Name me an ability in this game that, will do absolutely nothing when it is used on a target if they move. When you frostbolt a target, the frostbolt -targets- them and homes in on them. The same happens with Autoshot, with Chimera Shot, with Deadly Throw, with every other ability in the game.

It makes zero sense for an ability that has such a cooldown and cast time like Powershot, for it to randomly and inconsistently do nothing to a target. A target. It doesn't home in on them like every other targeted ranged ability in the game.

It's bugged!

Name me an ability in this game that, will do absolutely nothing when it is used on a target if they move. When you frostbolt a target, the frostbolt -targets- them and homes in on them. The same happens with Autoshot, with Chimera Shot, with Deadly Throw, with every other ability in the game.

It makes zero sense for an ability that has such a cooldown and cast time like Powershot, for it to randomly and inconsistently do nothing to a target. A target. It doesn't home in on them like every other targeted ranged ability in the game.

It's bugged!
    Oh no god forbid an ability have a new mechanic. Whatever shall we do now that the devs have found new and interesting ways for us to play.

Or you know you could just use it when you know the mob will be stationary for the 2sec cast.

Powershot "change" is probably the most pathetic thing I've seen in 8 years of WoW. Our best level 90 PvP ability is still bugged 4 months into the expansion, and instead of fixing it they just change the tooltip pretending that the bug is intended, seriously?

Deleted
    Oh no god forbid an ability have a new mechanic. Whatever shall we do now that the devs have found new and interesting ways for us to play.

Or you know you could just use it when you know the mob will be stationary for the 2sec cast.
    Oh yes, just how it was 'interesting' for us to have to scatter a mob/player before laying a FT...

How is this a workable mechanic in this game? How can this ability be used in PvP? When the hell does anyone stand still at all in PvP? No good player lets a Warlock get a Chaos Bolt cast off in an arena match or other PvP setting. Why does Powershot need yet another way to nullify it? Seriously, simply moving? The tooltip doesn't even say it is a guarantee. It just says it 'can' happen. That's not a solid mechanic, that's an excuse for it to remain bugged and sometimes do nothing.

The ENTIRE theme of the level 90 talent tier for Hunters is that each ability will guaranteed HIT the target you're targeting, and then also hit targets in the way or near that target. That's how Glaive Toss is supposed to work, that's how Barrage is supposed to work. That's how Powershot worked for much of the beginning of the expansion and throughout the entire beta. But now, Powershot is missing its PRIMARY target. That's a bug. Use your brain, please.

How is this a workable mechanic in this game? How can this ability be used in PvP? When the hell does anyone stand still at all in PvP? No good player lets a Warlock get a Chaos Bolt cast off in an arena match or other PvP setting. Why does Powershot need yet another way to nullify it? Seriously, simply moving? The tooltip doesn't even say it is a guarantee. It just says it 'can' happen. That's not a solid mechanic, that's an excuse for it to remain bugged and sometimes do nothing.

The ENTIRE theme of the level 90 talent tier for Hunters is that each ability will guaranteed HIT the target you're targeting, and then also hit targets in the way or near that target. That's how Glaive Toss is supposed to work, that's how Barrage is supposed to work. That's how Powershot worked for much of the beginning of the expansion and throughout the entire beta. But now, Powershot is missing its PRIMARY target. That's a bug. Use your brain, please.
    I'm sorry but if your opponent is stupid enough to allow you to get the 3sec cast off they are stupid enough to stand still and get hit by it. If you don't enjoy its mechanic there are two other talents for you to take.

It would seem that isn't the theme of the 90 talents then wouldn't it.

T15 is up on the front page, looks like it'll be Saurok-Hunter:
    http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...5_hunter_m.jpg

Was hoping for Mantid-Hunter, oh well, always T16
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

I'm sorry but if your opponent is stupid enough to allow you to get the 3sec cast off they are stupid enough to stand still and get hit by it. If you don't enjoy its mechanic there are two other talents for you to take.

It would seem that isn't the theme of the 90 talents then wouldn't it.
    So which talent do you suppose I should take, bugged Glaive Toss that also misses moving Targets or Barrage which is totally useless in any pvp situation? I question if you do or have ever played Hunter. An ability with a 1 minute CD and a 3 second cast is intended to be made unusable by anyone who decides too do something as skillfull as back peddle away from it? The ability is obviously bugged, if someone wants to interrupt its cast then do what everyone with half a brain has been doing to every cast sense S1 and LoS it..

I'm really liking the look of the new glyph: You're right though that most of these look like hotfixes already mentioned. Although the increased dmg from aspect of the iron hawk is definitely needed.

It still doesn't look like they're bothering with MM at all the way they need to be.

As for silencing shot having a longer cooldown: Shouldn't be an issue in PVE, since there are so many classes with various interrupts (even on bosses like the first ones in TES, it sounds like overall just better timing).

Quote Originally Posted by Korinth View Post
    So which talent do you suppose I should take, bugged Glaive Toss that also misses moving Targets or Barrage which is totally useless in any pvp situation? I question if you do or have ever played Hunter. An ability with a 1 minute CD and a 3 second cast is intended to be made unusable by anyone who decides too do something as skillfull as back peddle away from it? The ability is obviously bugged, if someone wants to interrupt its cast then do what everyone with half a brain has been doing to every cast sense S1 and LoS it..
    Bugged would imply it isn't working as intended. Since the tooltip has been updated it seems it's working just like they want it to.

Bugged would imply it isn't working as intended. Since the tooltip has been updated it seems it's working just like they want it to.
    You are one of the easily foolable ones they are saying this to.
    My hunter is the genetic love child of Liam Neeson, the Dos Equis guy and Chuck Norris. You lose.

<broken image snip>