Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mew View Post
    It's still going to be exactly the same in places where you NEED it. Like trash pulls, big add pulls and challenge modes.
    Unless you can guarantee that you'll always hit at least 3 targets every 20 sec, it will never be worth to pick up. The only fight I can think of in the entire game where you have that opportunity is on heroic wind lord.
    Grand Empress is a good example why I loved shockwave. It allowed me to add a great deal of control to her adds without sacrificing too much damage by not taking Dragon Roar.
    Strength Determination Merciless Forever

Armory

Thank you blizzard for nerfing one of the most overpowered skills in years.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SDMF View Post
    Unless you can guarantee that you'll always hit at least 3 targets every 20 sec, it will never be worth to pick up. The only fight I can think of in the entire game where you have that opportunity is on heroic wind lord.
    Grand Empress is a good example why I loved shockwave. It allowed me to add a great deal of control to her adds without sacrificing too much damage by not taking Dragon Roar.
    You can still take shockwave on Empress though. You just can't keep the Reavers stunned 20% of the time, but you'll have to use it if you take a spike. I know it sucks to get nerfed in pve where you fight against scriped AI that dont care about getting stunned, but seriously, the ability was just insanely overpowered in pvp, that something had to be done.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are deluded
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebonj View Post
    About time warriors
    And not a single fuck was given that day.

Your tears sustain me.

Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    I sort of agree on this wasn't a good plan in the first place. This whole merging iconic abilities into a talent tree so every spec could have them never hit my taste but I don't know who was retarded enough to put shockwave in a damage dealing tier.
    Well, I have personally thought for a long time it was done to distract players from how boring Arms actually is.

Quote Originally Posted by RH exact View Post
    Thank you blizzard for nerfing one of the most overpowered skills in years. I don't care what negative effect it has on the rest of the non PvP playerbase, it was damn Op for me to deal with and I'm happy it's going away!
    At least be willing to post the whole story.

Deleted
    I hope warriors get more nerfs xDDD ehehehehhe

You can still take shockwave on Empress though. You just can't keep the Reavers stunned 20% of the time, but you'll have to use it if you take a spike. I know it sucks to get nerfed in pve where you fight against scriped AI that dont care about getting stunned, but seriously, the ability was just insanely overpowered in pvp, that something had to be done.
    I did 3,2 million damage with shockwave on my latest Empress kill. With the nerf and seeing how the short the add phase really is compared to the rest of the fight, I'd end up loosing about 1.6 million damage. Sure I can still pick up shockwave but I just can't justify loosing that much damage, especially when it's already dealing less damage than Dragon Roar.
    I know a lot of PvPers have expressed how annoying shockwave can be to deal with, which is why I propose to only make it trigger a 40 second long cooldown whenever it hits another player. Blizzards way of nerfing it is just plain and simply ugly.
    Strength Determination Merciless Forever

Armory

Quote Originally Posted by dannypoos View Post
    I hope warriors get more nerfs xDDD ehehehehhe
    To the point to where they're not viable for rbgs/arena? yeah... i am just glad im playing a dk and a WW monk.

i remember in wrath win warriors bladestormed people ran away, now people stand it and giggle lol

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    [I]
    Your tears sustain me.
    Irony much? Its the Warriors who are crying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesnarf View Post
    Why wouldn't they be complaining? Shockwave was one of the things that was fun about the class.

But I don't know, what do you consider crying

making a legitimate complaint in a calm and composed manner

or just going apeshit and screaming ER MEH FUCKEN GOD A WARRIER KILLED ME AND I'M MAD ABOUT IT THIS IS FUCKING RETARDED AND EVERYONE WHO DISAGREES WITH ME IS AN IDIOT, ABOUT TIME YOU SKILLESS KEYBOARD TURNING 1500 HEROS GOT PUT IN YOUR PLACE

10+ Year Old Account
    Gosh, sorry, I must have mistook all those Warriors here as random people from other classes who can't resist popping into a Warrior thread to announce how much they like seeing Warriors nerfed, because once a Warrior stole their lunch money in Battle for Gilneas.

Next: Hammer of the Righteous now has a 1 minute cooldown if it accidentally hits 4 or fewer targets. This excellent new design theory must be spread farther, so everyone can enjoy it!
    Last edited by Lovestar; 2012-12-22 at 04:17 AM.

Its the Warriors who are crying.
    Not every Warrior is crying about the nerfs. Shockwave blatantly needed nerfs - anybody could see that. Second Wind's healing reduction will generally save a Warrior just as much as it does now in 3s anyway, so no big deal there really.

Now, what I'm really curious about is the rage generation portion of Second Wind: 15 rage over 10s instead of 20 will add up to a bit of rage loss, I'm not sure how much though. Most likely not enough to switch to force us to switch out of Defensive Stance into Battle Stance though.

Not to mention: these patch notes aren't finalized. :L
    Last edited by Syh; 2012-12-22 at 05:17 AM.

Tone the attitudes down in here, please.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    Grats again to all you people in PVP who cant deal with a PVP problem. Thanks again for getting stuff nerfed in PVE.

Really getting sick of PVP nerfs affecting PVE. 2nd wind+ def stance + die by the sword was not an issue in PVE. Not need for it to be altered outside of PVP
    Same here. TfB nerf in PvP was a good nerf, altering pvp but not pve.
    This nerf is pretty stupid, messing with all pve players to please the pvp players.

You guys ever think that it's a technical limitation that blocks them from dynamically basing Shockwave's cooldown on PVP? When you use an ability, the cooldown instantly starts. It's possible that it's impossible to change the cooldown after the game sees Shockwave hit a player.
    It's true they could have just halved the damage and stun of it against players if the frequency of it was the problem, but then you lose a lot of the utility of the stun itself, so that's probably why they did this.

Anyway, learn and adapt. It's an online game, so that means things change. It's unhealthy to play an unwarranted victim complex. From this I'd think people here WANT Blizzard to genuinely hate them so they'd have something to bitch about.
    Last edited by Senka; 2012-12-22 at 05:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Senka View Post
    You guys ever think that it's a technical limitation that blocks them from dynamically basing Shockwave's cooldown on PVP?
    I have quite strong doubts that it is technically impossible to change cooldowns based on which zone you are in which would have in essence the same effect.

Deathwhisper has a mechanic that increases all cooldowns. Ultraxion has a mechanic that decreases some cooldowns. The Klaxxi give a buff that alter the cd of one ability for each class, etc.
    I highly doubt that it is technically impossible to code "in pvp, the cooldown of this ability is different."
    And by pvp I don't mean "world pvp" or "duel out of SW/Orgrimmar", of cours. The game is not meant to be balanced for duels.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovestar View Post
    The Shockwave change is very messy, since now you have to double-check yourself whenever you use it — "Wait! This will definitely hit 3 right?", avoid it on 2-mob pulls, etc etc. Not a fan of this solution at all since it's adding unnecessary chaff to a really iconic and fun ability.

I think they're bowing a little too much to community pressure about Warriors. When you start messing with my Shockwave, you just cross a line, you know?
    yeah, you're right on this one. For example: PVE in mogushan palace, the first pull is 2 mobs, that means we wont be able to use shockwave on the next group. They need to separate PVP and PVE imo

Hurrrr not playing my prot warrior anymore :/