Page 27 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    MF:I has been updated. It now works like MF. You can no longer cast things while it, it also is now affected by haste and mastery.
    At the very least this clears up a metric ton of questions surrounding it...

Off to theorycraft!
    @TwintopTahoe Twintop @ Illidan-US HowToPriest
    Simulate Your Character on Beotorch! https://www.beotorch.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    MF:I has been updated. It now works like MF. You can no longer cast things while it, it also is now affected by haste and mastery.
    I don't see any mastery procs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    I don't see any mastery procs.
    I'm sure things like this will get fixed as they correct the code. Spells, freshly introduced, often lack this polish.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    but I could actually see the cast while channelling thing go live
    No way this is intended. No Way this will go live.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    If anyone thinks its intended you were dropped on your head as a baby.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meaks View Post
    It really, really, really sounds like a bug
    I'm sure it really, really is a bug ;-)
    Last edited by Venaliter; 2013-01-18 at 12:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Venaliter View Post
    I'm sure things like this will get fixed as they correct the code. Spells, freshly introduced, often lack this polish.
    Yeah, was stating that it doesn't proc mastery currently. Which, unless they changed it, would to be expected, since there currently is no mastery-proc spell in the game files.

Doesn't seem to allow me to cast other spells during the insanity channel any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Hesp View Post
    Doesn't seem to allow me to cast other spells during the insanity channel any more.
    No, that was a high priority fix, otherwise it floods the server with commands.

Ahhh ok now is working as intended: crapflay staying crapflay!

Honestly I'm not seeing it going live the way it is. At the small gcd cost of keeping dp uptime high enough to make all your mind flays insanities, you double the damage of your filler. I kind of do like the playstyle it offers however; much more gcd planning is involved than normal.

Deleted
    Would be great if blizz actually allowed us to DP/MB during MF channeling, maybe not re apply dots, but having those two spells castable while channeling wouldn't be that OP, and it'd make SP a little more interesting to play^^. The first dps caster to cast while channeling, Monk style;S

Quote Originally Posted by Falsified View Post
    Would be great if blizz actually allowed us to DP/MB during MF channeling,
    Insanity is really, really good right now. It forces a playstyle change, however; you DP after EVERY MB to keep buff up.

Quote Originally Posted by Falsified View Post
    Would be great if blizz actually allowed us to DP/MB during MF channeling, maybe not re apply dots, but having those two spells castable while channeling wouldn't be that OP, and it'd make SP a little more interesting to play^^. The first dps caster to cast while channeling, Monk style;S
    That would be insanely op if they kept the damage value the same as it is. As it stands Insanity is far and away the best talent for single target; I can't really see them making it better without us being untouchable on dps.
    Last edited by Hesp; 2013-01-18 at 05:50 AM.

Deleted
    Well I was not only talking about MFI, I honestly don't see the opiness of having a monk style channeling with spells like MB/DP, you can't spam them and on the overall we would be wining a good amount of MF tics, we need something to bring us up in single target dps. This, like many other things, could have been it:P. ATM we just got a new talent that doesn't suck anymore^^ It might be a little better than MB, but overall we didn't win a lot. If the talent ends up being like the affli locks Sac, why not:P We need to be buffed baseline, not talent wise. Thought I do appreciate the DP buff, will be a slight nerf on fights like leishi/unsok(insta dmg benefiting of the dmg booster). I think the overal dps buff with that was 1% dps gain max.

Would anyone have good logs from last night with SWI?(not ideal on the fights thought, one with a lot of adds and the other one heavy movement).

Anyway with how they changed SWI, I don't see us getting any real cd that would affect MF, and still no change with PI.

The problem is not casting MB and DP during SWI because MB is on CD and you won't have orbs for DP anyway. The problem is DOTs, Halo, DI procs. Halo and DI procs both have higher dpet then SWI so if we can't cast them during SWI channeling we have to interrupt it. And if DOTs are going to fall off in next ~10 seconds and you don't want to lose DOT uptime, you have to reapply them before casting DP, if you want 8 seconds of Insanity channeling. Overwise you'll have to interrupt SWI to recast them. Which gets even more risky with t15 2p bonus, because you never know if the apparition hitting the target during our VT cast is going to extend our VT or not. And if it is, by recasting VT so early we lose potential dps given by tier set bonus.
    I know some people will say that it rises skill cap etc, but after testing it on ptr I think there's nothing hard about it, it's just a bad designed spell. Not as bad as old SWI, but still.. Actually it's just a Mind Flay, the most interruptable spell in game, but with double damage.
    Also there's no way this "talent" is going to fix shadow priest issues like low damage, slow ramp up time, low damage on the move compared to most ranged classes.

I still think the ability to cast other spells during SWI was not a bug. But it caused some technical issues so they just changed it for now and will replace it with something else in future ptr builds. Atleast I hope so.
    Last edited by Forsay; 2013-01-18 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsay View Post
    I still think the ability to cast other spells during SWI was not a bug. .
    Of course it was. Get your head out of the ground!

Well if simcraft will confirm that redicolous idea that with SWI talent we should use DP @ 1orb, I'll be happy to "get my head out of the ground". Untill then, sorry but I think my head is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsay View Post
    Well if simcraft will confirm that redicolous idea that with SWI talent we should use DP @ 1orb, I'll be happy to "get my head out of the ground". Untill then, sorry but I think my head is fine.
    Consider it confirmed by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Venaliter View Post
    Consider it confirmed by me.
    Easy, tiger.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

I'm not sure what the argument is here. You gain a huge dps boost by ensuring that all your MF casts will be Insanity casts. If it goes live the way it is now it will be all the single target buff we need. Being able to cast everything while Insanity is channeling would increase the damage gain to unreal levels and make it the only talent choice for every fight. Since you could cast all your other spells while channeling you could just channel insanity all day on one target while maintaining dots on everything else. This would be a nightmare to execute perfectly in practice. There has to be a downside to every talent, and Insanity's is that is loses its value on multi-target fights due to loss of globals spent flaying.
    Last edited by Hesp; 2013-01-18 at 06:12 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hesp View Post
    I'm not sure what he argument is here. You gain a huge dps boost by ensuring that all your MF casts will be Insanity casts. If it goes live the way it is now it will be all the single target buff we need. Being able to cast everything while Insanity is channeling would increase the damage gain to unreal levels and make it the only talent choice for every fight. Since you could cast all your other spells while channeling you could just channel insanity all day on one target while maintaining dots on everything else. This would be a nightmare to execute perfectly in practice. There has to be a downside to every talent, and Insanity's is that is loses its value on multi-target fights due to loss of globals spent flaying.
    How is it a single target buff if it competes with the other 2 talents? It is supposed to be a type of burst which competes with the other 2 talents, not a single target sustained damage increase. It isn't base line either.

If a talent is miles ahead for single target, then yeah, it's a single target buff and you would be foolish to ignore it. Currently the best way to use insanity isn't to wait until three orbs then burst, it's to have full uptime on Insanity by making sure dp is up every time you flay. Whether or not the devs or you think it should function that way, that's the best use of it now. I'm sure this isn't the last iteration of Insanity, but in its current state it's ridiculous for single target provided you use it correctly.