Page 3 of 78 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Silly me thinking that blizzard wouldn't fuck things up entirely. The spirit shell nerf, removing the scaling with mastery just makes no sense in the first place but this hits gheal/heal/fheal usage with SS harder than PoH SS which is entirely retarded (we're already horrible at tankhealing, this just cements our role as PoH bots even more).

15+ Year Old Account
    Holy:

I am VERY disappointed they didn't adress any of the issues Hpriest face. But I guess it is too much of a rework to be in 1 patch. I hope the work to redesign/remove Chakra already started and won't take too long.

I also would like to see they acknowledge CoH is somewhat weak compared to PoH+DI procc spams, and Sanctuary is "old" with the long duration and thus making mostly overhealing when used.

Guardian Spirit needs to be looked at. Way too often when used reactively it buggs out; RSA announces it's use, the CD is triggered, but the target dies as if they didn't have GS on them.

PoM should stack! It is very unsynergetic to DI and if you stack priests (now that even Shadow can and do use it) there will be a lot of overwriting.

Holys Mastery should be a lot better if the HoT ticked faster. It has way too much overhealing to feel great.

Last but not least; I feel Holy to have too tight mana compared to all other classes.

Disc:

Mastery was too good for Disc and you know it. This way of nerfing SS is a mild one compared to what I was expecting (a 2-3 min CD and Aegis nerf).

As they didn't nerf Aegis, Mastery will still be a very strong secondary stat.

I am happy how they nerfed Rapture for PvE (it just seemed buggy and very unfair to get those 100k manareturn proccs) and at the same time they buffed it for PvP. Clever.

Class:

I am very confused about HF=Solace. It looks like they only want Disc to ever take Solace...? For Holy it would require a 10s CD rotation with HF (wich isn't a part of Holys current rotation as with Disc), and the biggest downside to this change as I see it is you can not spam Solace for periods of low damage and keep pushing healing when the fan hit the... erhm, or how was it...

Deleted
    I don't really get the nerf.
    A cooldown on SS would've been the way to go, why make it so... strange?

Rapture nerf is good, on a well geared Priest you'll be spending 18k mana and receiving some 30-35k, that seems fair considering the low cost of Disc Priest casts. PW:Sing every 12 seconds therefore (now) generates around 1k mana per sec (or adds 2k spirit) as a rough figure.

SS nerf is justified. Surprised it wasn't nerfed further. My predictions about a Rapture/SS nerf came true.

Somewhat sad to see no changes, good or bad, to Holy.

Lol @ all the "wah no Holy changes."

Disc stuff seems appropriate, but scaling on Rapture is gonna be whack next tier Heroics. SS cooldown increase would remove Discs niche. Tank healing? How about a little refunded mana when Flash/Gheal a 3stack Grace target?

Quote Originally Posted by Spazzeh View Post
    How about a little refunded mana when Flash/Gheal a 3stack Grace target?
    From Darkness, Comes Light

Kinda funny how patch notes claim 250% rapture up from 200% yet on this build it's still 200% according to http://ptr.wowdb.com/spells/47536-rapture#16357-16408 while removing temp spirit buffs, datamine or patch note error?

New solace would be fun if mana return procs on cast and each dot tick although doubtful since that would be op as fuck getting 8% mana every 10 sec.

Quote Originally Posted by HamSandwichFace View Post
    From Darkness, Comes Light
    Apples and oranges to my idea, bud.

Apples and oranges to my idea, bud.
    Why do you feel Disc needs to be supplied more mana regen when the nerf to rapture was because mana regen for Disc was too high? That's defeating the point of the nerf.

Why do you feel Disc needs to be supplied more mana regen when the nerf to rapture was because mana regen for Disc was too high? That's defeating the point of the nerf.
    Because I also said that Rapture will scale too well next tier Heroics?

Why do people pick and choose what they wish to respond to?

Because I also said that Rapture will scale too well next tier Heroics?

Why do people pick and choose what they wish to respond to?
    Rapture will scale too well next tier, and yet you want more mana regen mechanics?

"Okay"

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rapture will scale too well next tier, and yet you want more mana regen mechanics?

"Okay"
    His intent seems pretty clear to me in saying rapture will scale too well that rapture should not be that high a %, which means finding an answer to the aspect of disc healing that is leading to the ever increasing % return from rapture which is pvp or single target healing and not blanket raid healing that you generally see disc priests doing in raids.

My position on that matter is that if Blizzard is going to continue with the rapture mechanic, it needs to be a fixed mana return that does not exceed the cost of power word: shield, and in turn re-balance the mana cost of all spells.

Quote Originally Posted by Chimaera View Post
    His intent seems pretty clear to me in saying rapture will scale too well that rapture should not be that high a %, which means finding an answer to the aspect of disc healing that is leading to the ever increasing % return from rapture which is pvp or single target healing and not blanket raid healing that you generally see disc priests doing in raids.

My position on that matter is that if Blizzard is going to continue with the rapture mechanic, it needs to be a fixed mana return that does not exceed the cost of power word: shield, and in turn re-balance the mana cost of all spells.
    As I said, Rapture (if used on CD) will equate to around 2k spirit. That to me seems fine. The spell costs for Disc are ridiculously low. PoH is a 13500 mana cast whereas, for example, Jab (something needed to generate 1 Chi) is an 11700 cost. Now let's consider the fact that:

1 uplift = 2 Chi = 23400 mana

and then Mana Tea obviously restores 1% mana per chi so each chi effectively restores 3519 mana

thus making 1 uplift = 16362 mana

Honestly, Rapture (at 250%) seems fine.
    Last edited by HamSandwichFace; 2012-12-22 at 01:41 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    As I said, Rapture (if used on CD) will equate to around 2k spirit.
    The problem with your calculation is that it takes no consideration for the then mana free healing from power word: shield. Also, 1k mana per second is 8865 spirit, not 2000.

Quote Originally Posted by Chimaera View Post
    The problem with your calculation is that it takes no consideration for the then mana free healing from power word: shield. Also, 1k mana per second is 8865 spirit, not 2000.
    If Rapture is going to get changed, it's only ever going to get nerfed. It got put in a place where I think Disc Priests will value passive spirit moreso than just stacking spirit proc trinkets and relying on MTT to give them the necessary regen. You really should be happy with the change. You aren't going to get mana from other sources outside of your level 30 talents, or Rapture (remember, you still have passive spirit regen).

Also, yeah I made a mistake. I have an ear infection though so I count myself as being ill

"Okay"
    No, I want less reliance on an ability that's going to get changed every raiding tier because it's either too good, or too bad...and more reliance on something that doesn't scale (when single target healing).

You're *still* missing the whole picture.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    FDCL should be changed to add PoH as a free and instant proc along with Flash Heal. Also maybe refund the mana cost of the spell which procd it. Right now FDCL is unuseable for healers.

OR

Make FDCL the atonement healing playstyle, selectable by either healing spec, and make it more mana efficient.

10+ Year Old Account
    suprized how little change there was for shadow but i guess there is plenty of time yet.
    not sure if it's a good or bad thing xD
    Single target nerf inc?... Don't really trust Blizzard anymore. ._.

Disc priests need that 50% of PvP power to damage...as we only have 50% to heals. Would be fair enough to have the other part of PvP power to our damage. We need to make atonement heal viable on PvP..since it is part of our mechanics. Actually we can´t use our evangelism/archangel´s mechanic on PvP due to our very low dps output.

Looks like the first iteration of 5.2 only addresses disc pve and pvp survivability. Hopefully shadow pve, holy pve, and disc pvp utility all see buffs before the patch goes live.

In regard to the 5.2 disc pve changes, they're about the best we could hope for. Rapture stacking with trinkets is dumb, but contrary to popular opinion disc mana regeneration doesn't need a nerf beyond that. It's good that Blizzard saw that, and if anything is actually buffing disc regen. In regard to Spirit Shell, the changes will make it a little more situational - no more popping it on CD during AoE damage - but will leave the intended functionality intact.