Page 28 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hesp View Post
    I'm not sure what the argument is here. You gain a huge dps boost by ensuring that all your MF casts will be Insanity casts. If it goes live the way it is now it will be all the single target buff we need.
    I am wondering the same thing. MF accounts like for 30%+ of our damage. You'd think doubling the same of that spell would be pretty damn decent in exchange for 2 GCDs every 24 seconds. You could leave it at that, or take it a bit further and calculate how much damage a GCD is worth, if you wanted too. But we're at grade 5 math here. It's a no brainer.

Quote Originally Posted by Hesp View Post
    There has to be a downside to every talent, and Insanity's is that is loses its value on multi-target fights due to loss of globals spent flaying.
    Yes, FDCL is the go-to choice on multi-targets, and MB would be good for heavy, heavy moment.

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    It is supposed to be a type of burst which competes with the other 2 talents, not a single target sustained damage increase. It isn't base line either.
    Yes, it was supposed to be a burst talent. It isn't, not really, but it *does* increase your burst slightly by using SF over MB.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    Easy, Tiger.
    My guild tells me to get back in my cage ;-)

Priest
    - Halo - will not longer unstealth enemy targets. That wasn't the use we had in mind when we made it a huge AE.
    Halo just got owned.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Halo just got owned.
    I'm glad. Shadow utility definitely needed a nerf.... wait...

Halo just got owned.
    ...I don't fucking... what.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

can they fix it like starsurge so that it doesn't pull things please
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

Deleted
    Why are people surprised about Halo? GC said before he didn't like it was used to get enemies out of stealth.

I find it a -1 for the realism factor btw.

Quote Originally Posted by PlatedPriest View Post
    can they fix it like starsurge so that it doesn't pull things please
    That talent is called Starfall.

I wonder if Blizzard has anyone playing Holy Priests on a level above LFR. Nerf Disc "so we'll see more Holy Priests and Resto Druids." Except Holy isn't being changed, and Resto Druid is getting buffed.

I want to punch someone on the dev team.

Deleted
    instead of buffing shadow's damage a little they're just nerfing healing. Blizzard surely wants to make shadow viable for pvp only (tho with recent nerfs, it might not be viable for that too)

(& yes I meant single target damage)

Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    I wonder if Blizzard has anyone playing Holy Priests on a level above LFR. Nerf Disc "so we'll see more Holy Priests and Resto Druids." Except Holy isn't being changed, and Resto Druid is getting buffed.

He doesn't. For the past 3 expansions it's been like this really. Cataclysm was surprisingly fine but they tend to ignore holy problems till the latter.

Don't get me started on Holy PvP.

Deleted
    Halo just got owned.
    I don't get it... Spriests are far away from being overpowered and Ghostcrawler throws in a bunch of random nerfs.
    Just as I said a few pages before, we're on his list. He won't stop nerfing spriest until they're useless (...warriors say hello).
    In Ghostcrawler game design is no space between overpowered or underpowered. I'm sad he doesn't play spriest, so get used to being underpowered.
    Last edited by mmoc8b1766084d; 2013-01-19 at 02:42 PM.

So who is prepare for the next nerf, despite Blizz fucking us already? Coming from the ptr, I tested a variety of healing styles for 10 man heroics and come behold disc is fucked for 10 man heroics just I said earlier. Wait, however, if you stick a fucking Hpally on raid healing he can pull the same numbers as the previous "godmode" disc priest, and you put disc priest on tanks = spamming the fuck outta smite penance(with 4 set) and solace on cd. This is sketchy since it can't reliably heal tanks properly however this means that disc priest is able to pull 60k+ dps and heal tanks........ Great job blizz, that will be nerfed soon, but you have already fucked a priests dynamic capabilities. If you would take the fucking time to analyze the 10-mans and 25-mans as well as the fact that 80% of those 25 man priests that spam PoH pull about 40% overhealing and removed that from their overall you would only be placing them at about 80k hps(e). The fact that I personally can pull 100k hps(e) is because I have a dynamic rotation the way disc is supposed to be with only 8% overhealing and swapping between heal styles. Please change everything back and then nerf SS so it does not scale on mastery, and nerf DA back to 30% instead of 50%. This will be a perfect balance in regards to complete capabilities. If it is needed I can even provide meters and a stream feed of a Hpally pulling 100k hps in WoE 10 man heroic. Which is the same amount as a disc priest pre-nerf and doing less overhealing than said priest.

It's simple Tenobaal. Like Korra who used to be the former Shadowpriest Developer, Ghostcrawler simply has no idea about the SHadowpriest. Better get used to it. I am used to it 7 years now.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post

I don't see how he is wrong? Spirit Shell and DA completely destroy whatever Holy has to offer outside of Tsulong. Holy numbers are pretty good, it's just that Disc offers multi million absorbs on short cd and Rapture + spirit procs completely trivialize mana management. Going by pure hps, it takes something like pre-nerf Mistweavers to compete with Discs, and seeing how holy *is* about pure hps, it appears to be "terrible". 'Course, "terrible" in this situation merely means "same as other healers" instead of "godlike".

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    I don't see how he is wrong? Spirit Shell and DA completely destroy whatever Holy has to offer outside of Tsulong. Holy numbers are pretty good, it's just that Disc offers multi million absorbs on short cd and Rapture + spirit procs completely trivialize mana management.
    No argument here. Spirit Shell, especially with encounters with possibly lethal burst, is mandatory. Mandatory healers abilities are bad for other healers. Mechanics should not instantly kill someone unless they made a terrible mistake.
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Going by pure hps, it takes something like pre-nerf Mistweavers to compete with Discs, and seeing how holy *is* about pure hps, it appears to be "terrible". 'Course, "terrible" in this situation merely means "same as other healers" instead of "godlike".
    What are the least popular healers? Druids, and Holy Priests. Why? Because they offer the least utility compared to Paladins, Shamans, Disc Priests, and Monks. Solution: Buff Druid and Holy priest utility. They need it. A +% healing buff would say, hey, wait a sec, instead of taking another shaman, this buff would make our other five healers heal better then another shaman would.

Another alternate buff would be a -% damage nerf, which fits the holy priest nicely in "Sanctuary." -5% damage taken for everyone in the "zone." would be the same thing as "instead of taking a Disc priest, which doesn't work well in multiples, why don't we snag that Holy Priest and get the passive -% damage buff?

The key here is to bring another healer to balance Disc's absorbs, Paladin Beacon, and Shaman's Mana Tide.

After a few small tests regarding 1xOrb's DP vs 3xOrbs DP for the new SW:I, the 1xOrb version has roughly 2-3k higher dps than the 3xOrb version in 1min as you get the chance to cast more SW:I version of MF. We should be able to cast 3 full SW:I version of MF, I guess can call it MF:I. In order to get 3xMF in, it will require you to refresh all DoTs before casting the DP. However, I noticed after I cast 3xMF, it's pretty much ready to refresh VT anyway, except SW:P still has about 1/4 times left and require to refresh.

I do like the change in SW:I. It's great for patchwerk's style dps, but also not bad for any single target dps with minimum movement since MF:I requires you not to move. I think it really requires good timing and skill to use this talent because you really want to get 3xMF out of it for the full damage. If you get only 2xMF out, you lose alot of damage. Even though the DP damage has changed to evenly spread out, the new SW:I buff to MF is quite significant. It's a good burst damage, came with the price of 3xMF:I which is not too bad. I do not have dps information on casting MF:I after 2 Orbs in 1min interval.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattachine View Post
    1xOrb version has roughly 2-3k higher dps than the 3xOrb version
    You did something wrong. More like 10k. Maybe your gear is low.

Quote Originally Posted by Venaliter View Post
    You did something wrong. More like 10k. Maybe your gear is low.
    Possibly because it's only 1min.
    Last edited by Mattachine; 2013-01-20 at 04:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattachine View Post

All those delayed Mind Blasts in the 2nd rotation made me want to dig my eyes out with a spoon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venaliter View Post
    That makes PW:Solace a mana-free instant heal plus 1% mana back.
    That makes PW:Solace a mana-free instant smart heal plus 1% mana back.

Fixed that for you.

Can someone tell me what is the difference in DP cause I tested it in the Test Servers and I didn't see any difference.