Page 41 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    since we don't have (baseline) anything but to spam the pathetic instant sw: p damage, the two proc talents AND the glyph made the dps while moving less sucky. now it's like the suckiest ever without any further discussion. and eventhough it's a fact that we lost dps, gc says "probably".

Quote Originally Posted by Crudelitas View Post
    since we don't have (baseline) anything but to spam the pathetic instant sw: p damage, the two proc talents AND the glyph made the dps while moving less sucky. now it's like the suckiest ever without any further discussion. and eventhough it's a fact that we lost dps, gc says "probably".
    Actually what is more shocking is how he nerfed shadow pvp by nerfing mobility. Mobility wasn't the problem according to him but hey, sitting duck while being trained on works too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Actually what is more shocking is how he nerfed shadow pvp by nerfing mobility. Mobility wasn't the problem according to him but hey, sitting duck while being trained on works too.
    On the bright side - you wont be sitting for very long as your primary defensive will be locked due to 400 blanket silences going around.

Quote Originally Posted by Syenite View Post
    On the bright side - you wont be sitting for very long as your primary defensive will be locked due to 400 blanket silences going around.
    I thought GC was trying not to make spriests similar to other classes, which is why he didn't give us an actual burst CD. But now our only defensive CD is locked out just like everyone elses.

wut

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venaliter View Post
    Shadow will be OK in PvE in 5.2. Holy may a bit better with a bit more leeway on mana. Disc is dead in both aspects of the game, as of now.
    As for holy, do you mean by the normal gear stat increase or has there been any holy news I have missed?

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    GC, it is obvious that the nerf to Mindspike glyph is a loss on dps even if you are just standing and doing damage.
    This is a legit PvE nerf, but a very, very small one and as I said, we haven't made any PvE numbers adjustments to anyone yet. This one is easy to fix without PvP risk and it makes a glyph less mandatory for its DPS benefits.
    Yet it also makes the glyph completely useless for PvE. It lowers the value of FDCL, and we lose free MBl (+DP) during movement. Has anyone calculated how big this nerf is DPS-wise?
    I didn't do the calculation myself, but a guildie theory crafter said in current BiS gear it amounts to about an 8k-9k dps loss overall. I didn't see the math either sorry. I just can't believe it would be that high and called minimal loss.
    I have been chosen by the big metal hand in the sky!

Quote Originally Posted by majesta View Post
    I didn't do the calculation myself, but a guildie theory crafter said in current BiS gear it amounts to about an 8k-9k dps loss overall. I didn't see the math either sorry. I just can't believe it would be that high and called minimal loss.
    Here's a very simple way to look at the GoMS nerf: assume best case, no DI spec'd, at 25% Haste every Mind Blast cast is instant because of 2 stacks of GoMS, that means we get 3 orbs every 24sec instead of every 26.75sec. Over a 10 minute fight, that means we can cast 25 DPs with the current GoMS and 22.43 DPs without GoMS/changed. The DPS loss you're seeing is the loss of 2-3DPs and 7-9 Mind Blasts.

What got a significant buff to damage on PTR in 5.2? DP. The DP buff counteracts the GoMS nerf *and* the DP buff still applied to all other 8 spec combinations between T3 and T5 talents.
    Last edited by Twintop; 2013-02-01 at 10:33 PM.
    @TwintopTahoe Twintop @ Illidan-US HowToPriest
    Simulate Your Character on Beotorch! https://www.beotorch.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Syenite View Post
    Blanket silences won't keep you from using dispersion, only a counter into a shadow school spell will. Still since we only really use one school for dealing damage its not quite the same as with for example ice block, which will work when silenced but not when the respective spell school (frost) is locked, also. Its not like we have a choice not to use shadow school spells to be sure to retain our defensive CDs.

Deleted
    Shadow PVP discussion incoming;

Seeing as the GoMS is being nerfed the question is what glyph do you think will be the best replacement for arenas?

Regarding nerfs to spriest healing i cant see how FDCL can be sacrificed for anything else at this point.
    The healing and dps procs will be even more important now than earlier even if blizz has stated numerous times that they
    dont want one single talent to be the dominant one.

They failed yet again.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Shadow PVP discussion incoming;

Seeing as the GoMS is being nerfed the question is what glyph do you think will be the best replacement for arenas?

Regarding nerfs to spriest healing i cant see how FDCL can be sacrificed for anything else at this point.
    The healing and dps procs will be even more important now than earlier even if blizz has stated numerous times that they
    dont want one single talent to be the dominant one.

They failed yet again.
    Yes, and yet again they just cant make it right..
    Anyway currently on live i am using Renew and dark binding glyphs as my mandatory glyphs just in need to survive. I realy dont wanna think about 5.2 atm.
    The best way to make phantasme still work is to make it a 3/4 sec immunity to silence/interrupt effect.
    Way to make Angelic feather to be a good pvp option would be: Angelic Feather no longer has 3 stacks, now has 2 stacks and will work like a speed plus freedom option. So priest will now be able to help other out to get out of roots with a speed bonus. Maybe work a little bit like The paladin talent that will allow freedom to be used twice until the Cd will pop. 1 min cd?

Just something i came up with. They said all pvp priest would take phantasme even with the nerf cus it's just alot better. So why not make the other 2 better.

Body and soul is hilarious to be seen as a actual talent tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Appel View Post
    Way to make Angelic feather to be a good pvp option would be: Angelic Feather no longer has 3 stacks, now has 2 stacks and will work like a speed plus freedom option. So priest will now be able to help other out to get out of roots with a speed bonus. Maybe work a little bit like The paladin talent that will allow freedom to be used twice until the Cd will pop. 1 min cd?
    A ground targetable freedom+speed boost. This is actually not a bad idea at all. It would be great utility addition to the game IMO, and especially useful for priest healers seeing how poor their PvP defensives will be in 5.2. 1 min CD is way too long though. Should be 2 charges with 24 sec recharge duration max.
    Last edited by Demonized; 2013-02-02 at 06:36 PM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonized View Post
    A ground targetable freedom+speed boost. This is actually not a bad idea at all. It would be great utility addition to the game IMO, and especially useful for priest healers seeing how poor their PvP defensives will be in 5.2. 1 min CD is way too long though. Should be 2 charges with 24 sec recharge duration max.
    Yea about the actual cooldown i wasn't sure off, But the idea is exactly like u think it is.

Not that would ever happen, but how would you see body and soul changed?

Lets just think about something, right now its ur own shield with a flat speed boost... more like a passive thing u wont even bother about.
    How about... Body and soul When ever u hit/use x abillity you will build up stacks (4/5?) Each stack will give you a speed boost of x % When u reach maximum Body and soul becomes clickable and this will now work as a Aoe stun/silence/disorie..
    I know the last part is a bit meh have to think about something. Also i have no clue what the priest would need to use to build up stacks, maybe PoM gotta get a complete rework to make it actually work. Hope u guys get the idea.

The idea here is that u have to choose now! WOW WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN??
    1-Stun (lets say we keep this)
    2-Freedom with speed duration of (4/5 sec)
    3-Immunity to silences (5 sec)

Every single pvp priest will pick Phantasme, this is a fact. I think the idea to make the other 2 talent more atractive is to make a extra effect to it. So still keep the excisting effect but have it reworked into something that might prove usefull in BGs/RBGs or Arena.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2013-02-02 at 06:54 PM.

Does anyone know how the formula of SS is going to be in 5.2? and how many casts it will take us to cap it in average normal raid gear?

Deleted
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...-bonus-issues/

There’s always an element of that in PvP. For PvE, we have a really good idea of how much damage everyone can do in every situation. […]

Frost and Arms are taking some big nerfs. BM has a couple of little ones. With Shadow, I’ve tried to be honest that we’re not exactly sure of the right thing to hit. […]

There isn’t anything there like Shockwave or PoM+Ring of Frost that feels totally broken. It’s a lot of little things that add up: damage, healing, utility, survivability. Utility we really don't want to hit and damage isn't too high in PvE. At the moment, we've nerfed burst a little, healing a little, and made some of the survivability mechanics less potent. We'll see how that feels.
    You can read the complete quote on the URL (date 2/2/2013) because I've abbreviated it. The point with the first bold statement is that it means mister Crab knew all along our damage was low, and really bad in HoF. What to make of the second statement though? It seems like mister Crab is at a loss how to fix the spec PvE wise? But if either of these is true why was I not informed during autumn?

Another question: is it really necessary haste is our best stat? Why can it not be mastery or crit? I know it was traditionally haste, but why can it not be mastery? Blizzard has been able to make mastery the best primary stat for warlocks and yes they'd compete with us on mastery gear but other than that?

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...-bonus-issues/

There’s always an element of that in PvP. For PvE, we have a really good idea of how much damage everyone can do in every situation. […]

Frost and Arms are taking some big nerfs. BM has a couple of little ones. With Shadow, I’ve tried to be honest that we’re not exactly sure of the right thing to hit. […]

There isn’t anything there like Shockwave or PoM+Ring of Frost that feels totally broken. It’s a lot of little things that add up: damage, healing, utility, survivability. Utility we really don't want to hit and damage isn't too high in PvE. At the moment, we've nerfed burst a little, healing a little, and made some of the survivability mechanics less potent. We'll see how that feels.
    You can read the complete quote on the URL (date 2/2/2013) because I've abbreviated it. The point with the first bold statement is that it means mister Crab knew all along our damage was low, and really bad in HoF. What to make of the second statement though? It seems like mister Crab is at a loss how to fix the spec PvE wise? But if either of these is true why was I not informed during autumn?

Another question: is it really necessary haste is our best stat? Why can it not be mastery or crit? I know it was traditionally haste, but why can it not be mastery? Blizzard has been able to make mastery the best primary stat for warlocks and yes they'd compete with us on mastery gear but other than that?
    Not sure why he decided to touch anything if he doesn't even know what he is doing.

Dudes a hypocrite.

Quote Originally Posted by Appel View Post

Body and soul is hilarious to be seen as a actual talent tbh.
    Are you kidding? Ignore its greatness in pve and it is still really good. It would be the best talent for disc if they had the old set bonus.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Not sure why he decided to touch anything if he doesn't even know what he is doing.

Dudes a hypocrite.
    Since he wasn't sure what to hit with the nerfbat, he hit us everywhere - that way when he comes up to us after we've been curled in a corner nursing our bruises - he can feel like a good guy when he helps us back to our feet. We take his hand, because we don't want to draw his attention again, but we know the truth of this relationship. We know.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Since he wasn't sure what to hit with the nerfbat, he hit us everywhere - that way when he comes up to us after we've been curled in a corner nursing our bruises - he can feel like a good guy when he helps us back to our feet. We take his hand, because we don't want to draw his attention again, but we know the truth of this relationship. We know.
    This is pure epicness. I should use this as a signature

GC's latest tweet: "@anthony7133 I'm going to predict we'll still see more raiding Disc than Holy, just less extreme than today. We'll see if I'm right."

If that's the case, would it mean disc will still outperform holy after the nerfs?

Quote Originally Posted by Blachshma View Post
    GC's latest tweet: "@anthony7133 I'm going to predict we'll still see more raiding Disc than Holy, just less extreme than today. We'll see if I'm right."

If that's the case, would it mean disc will still outperform holy after the nerfs?
    I don't see how this can be so. I think GC's head is up his tushie.